“Clean, Decent Price, No Frills”

Hotel San Antonio Abad
Ranked #33 of 229 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We spent two nights at this hotel. I appreciated that the hotel driver met us at the airport, holding my name on a sign. We did not have to wait at all. This free airport shuttle is a very convenient bonus to this hotel after a long day of traveling ***but note***although the hotel advertises free airport shuttle, once we arrived, we were informed it was only TO the hotel from the airport, that we would need to pay 45 Soles for the ride back. That's about $18, so certainly not a big deal but it is different than they advertise with the site I booked through.

The rooms were clean but very small (two twin beds)and undecorated. Very basic accommodation. They also have what seemed to me to be a strange policy of requiring guests to leave their room key at the front desk upon leaving the hotel for dinner, etc. I was uncomfortable with this as the keys, with large wooden tags displaying the room # are left on the front counter for possibly anyone to take. In the end, nothing was taken and it all worked out fine.

Staff were generally available at the front desk and were helpful in deciphering the local maps. They also arranged the shuttle for us back to the airport at 2:30am without incident. Overall, this is a reasonable priced, clean place to lay your head. It is a relatively short walk to the main Miraflores area. I have no major complaints but wouldn't rave about it either.

3  Thank MikeynDnvr
Gerardo0469, Owner at Hotel San Antonio Abad, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2013

Dear guest,

Thanks for your review and comments.

We do offer our clients the pick up from the airport service as we know getting a taxi at the airport is a pretty overwhelming experience and can be dangerous too.

We do make all efforts to be clear that we do offer only one transfer within our rate (from the airport to the hotel). ** Could you please let us know which site did you use to make the reservation? We will review the wording to make it crystal clear that we only offer a one way transfer.

We are not trying to mislead anybody nor be ambiguous in our value proposition to our clients.
Honesty and care for our guests is our main business driver.

Many thanks!!

Gerardo Fernandez
gfer60@gmail.com

There are newer reviews for Hotel San Antonio Abad

Reviewed 6 September 2013

We came across this hotel on Trip Advisor and were very satisfied overall with our experience:

Pros:
- Free airport pick-up to the hotel was really appreciated, especially when you're dealing with thousands of cabbies at the arrivals lounge asking if you need a taxi. Given that you have to pre-negotiate the price of any cab fare in Peru, not getting ripped off by a random cabbie after you land in the country is a great start to the trip
- The hotel is located within a 5 minute walk to the Benavides stop along Lima's dedicated bus rapid transit line, which has stops in both El Centro to the north (~20 mins) and Barranco in the south (~10 mins). Ask early and the hotel can provide you with a card that can be used on the bus line (avoids purchasing a card).
- The hotel is also within walking distance (~15 min) to the main part of Miraflores (the park with the cats) and the Pacific Ocean coastline. Try La Lucha for a quick bite and Astrid y Gaston for a sit-down.
- We had WIFI access in the room and didn't have to go to the lobby to use the internet.
- The free breakfast includes eggs, which they will add ham and cheese to make an omelette.
- Close to a grocery store (Metro), which made it easy to buy things such as water.
- Great, friendly staff. They printed boarding passes for us, told us how much cab fares should be, guided us around the city and helped us arrange a taxi back to the airport (at 5:45am). Really great.

Cons:
- Room furnishings are a bit old. Hardwood floors would work well in the rooms rather than carpet. However, cleaning staff did a very good job.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room on the second floor facing the courtyard based on prior reviews that there was l...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David L
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This inexpensive hotel on the edge of Miraflores (read; quiet) was terrific value. Features clean rooms and a large bathroom with decent Wifi access; the only negative is that there are no power sockets in the room itself, other than the TV one which is up high! The location means a 20 min walk to Larcomar, and a taxi to other parts of Miraflores.

The staff were very friendly and helpful...until checkout time when their EFTPOS machine kept spitting out both cards I tried. The receptionist asked me rudely (after the 4th time) if I would like to 'try my PIN again'. Clearly the issue was not my PIN! The machine worked fine after they resetted it. Due to that rather stressful experience, I rate this hotel 4 stars rather than 5.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 September 2013

San Antonio Abad is a nice hotel, located in a peaceful district. It offers a satisfying breakfast (scrambled eggs included) and the staff is more than helpful. The rooms are a bit small, but clean. Overall a standard hotel.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

We stayed overnight in Lima en route to Cusco at the San Antonio de Abad. The selection was based on Trip Advisor ratings (the way that I normally choose accomodation) and as usual, I was not disappointed. The first indications came when I communicated to the hotel via e-mail to arrange collection from the airport and I received an immediate reply confirming the collection. After a long flight from Johannesburg via Sao Paulo, We arrived in Lima and were met by the driver, Julian. On arrival at the hotel, we were immediately made to feel welcome by Armando who ensured that we were comfortably accomodated.

The rooms are nice size and very comfortable - certainly nothing fancy. The hotel itself is very well situated in Miraflores and is close to the BRT system and within walking distance of the centre of Miraflores. The property is well looked after with lovely gardens and the breakfast was nice. We were taken back to the airport the following morning by the driver and the overnight stay was a good start to our holiday in Peru.

The biggest reason for me rating the Hotel so highly is the service and friendliness of the staff. I would definitely recommend the hotel if you are staing in Lima and want to be in Miraflores.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MikeyK
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I came to this hotel on the recommendation of a work colleague and did not regret it. The rooms are of a good size, clean and comfortable. The shutters and special windows really help to keep the noise out. Nothing was too much trouble for them, I have special dietary requirements that make travelling difficult, but they let me use their kitchen equipment when I needed to to make my dinner. They also lent me the use of their vacuum cleaner to pack my stuff. The communal area is friendly and the breakfast has a good selection too. The reception staff are always friendly, no matter what time of day (or early morning) it is, and they are keen to help. The hotel also has links to local taxi firms and can arrange for currency exchange to be done from the hotel via a local company. The hotel pick up is great and the driver is very friendly. The hotel is also very close to the lovely areas of Miraflores with its pretty architecture and amazing shopping and if clubbing is your thing then then Barranco is two stops down the Metropolitano bus route which is a five minute walk away. All in all, a fantastic stay and I would heartily recommend it.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel face onto the pretty patio area.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Vicky C
Reviewed 18 August 2013

This very friendly hotel is located near the transit system which provide quick access to Lima historical center. There a lot of commercial facilities such as restaurants, supermarket and various stores. The staff were very useful to guide us around the busy activities of Lima. The breakfast was excellent. Our room was for 4 adults, plenty of space and very clean. Our daughter needed a special diet and they gave us access to their kitchen. We would certainly go back to this great hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family