“We enjoyed our stay here”

Hotel San Antonio Abad
Ranked #27 of 224 Hotels in Lima
San Diego
“We enjoyed our stay here”
Reviewed 4 December 2008

My husband and I enjoyed staying at this hotel. The front desk service was very good. The free breakfast was good. The room we stayed was a little bit small and kind of weird shape. It was very easy to access to any places. Their website booking system was very easy.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Korean first
Delavan Wisconsin
Reviewed 22 November 2008

As our first hotel in Peru the San Antonio Abad was just right. Located in a quiet neighborhood in Miroflores, we were met at the airport and transferred to this small hotel. The rooms are large and clean. the staff is extremely helpful. We needed to finalize bus transport later in the trip and Maria helped us with that. Aimee called cabs for us to take us into Lima. Delicious hot breakfast is included in the $55 per night price.

• Liked — friendly helpful staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
new paltz
Reviewed 16 November 2008

I would like to thank the staff at the San Antonio Abad Hotel for the kindness and concern each of you offered my wife and I when we were guest at the hotel. My wife was very ill for three nights (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday) of last week, and could not leave the room. I divided my time between being with her and reading in your comfortable lobby. Throughout the day, I was frequently asked by staff members how my wife was doing, and if there was anything they could do to help make her more comfortable. Food was brought to her room and we were also offered a heater. It was comforting to know that the staff was concerned for her, as well as for me. In particular, we would like to thank Pedro our taxi driver for visiting us while Chrissy was in the hospital. It was so encouraging to us to see Pedro, at a time when we really felt alone in such a large and unfamiliar city such as Lima. In closing, we would like to add that we will certainly recommend the San Antonio Abad as a fine Hotel to any of our friends who my be visiting your city. Sincerely, Al and Chrissy

Stayed October 2008
2 Thank peru57
Brazil
Reviewed 14 November 2008

I stayed with my wife two nights and we both agree that the social areas of the hotel are very nice as their breakfast.
An other good thing is that they pick you up at the airport with no charge and they did the reservation with no pre - payment.
The room and the bathroom in particular were really bad with a very poor presentation. They don´t look clean
We paid 40 US dollars per night and I think that is not a very good value.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — Poor room and bathroom
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank FandBDirector
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 13 November 2008

We would like to advise that we were very pleased with the service we received at this boutique hotel The staff were friendly and very helpful. The airport service was most appreciated In addition, we were able to leave gear secured there for 5 days when we traveled into the Amazon area. Also, when we arrived rather late, staff provided us with restaurant service. Finally, the cost was very reasonable. My wife and I plus our friends who were with us all would recommend the hotel without hesitation and if we ever return to Lima would certainly stay again.

Bruce and Jan Howe

• Liked — Convenience , price and great staff
  • Disliked — Lack of elevator
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with friends
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 13 November 2008

My husband and I stayed at the hotel San Antonio Abad in June. We booked online, a process that was easy and organised. Upon arrival in Lima, we were fetched from the airport by the hotel's driver; I think his name was Jose -- he was great, as was all of the staff at the hotel. The breakfast was wonderful, with tasty coffee. The common areas were absolutely beautiful, but our room and bath left a lot to be desired. They were fairly clean, but could have been better. Both needed updating and a replacement of most of the furnishings and fixtures. I think that a remodel of the chambres would make this a near perfect hotel. Depite the shabby room, overall we had a wonderful stay!

• Liked — The common areas
  • Disliked — The rooms
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank appelhans
Fairbanks, Alaska
Reviewed 12 November 2008

Hotel San Antonio Abad
Miraflores, Peru (2 October 2008, 9-10 November, 2008)

The San Antonio Abad is a small, older hotel just off the main tourist strip of Miraflores. Located a block off Avienda Benavides, it is convenient, but relatively quiet for its location. Most of the rooms face toward a small courtyard which gives them a pleasing view. The rooms are simple but clean and comfortable with good beds. The hotel provides in-room cable TV and phone service. WiFi is available in the common areas and some of the rooms.

A solid breakfast was included in the $55.00 room rate. Fresh fruit, cheese, breads, juices, yogurt, coffee, tea, as well as eggs cooked to order were available.

Probably the best part of the hotel is its people. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They were willing to provide information about various tourist attractions in the area and even verify opening times and cab rates for us. Several of the staff spoke English as well as Spanish.

• Liked — The helpful staff
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple