“Excellent staff”

Ranked #28 of 228 Hotels in Lima
Boulder, Colorado
“Excellent staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2009

I stayed at the San Antonio Abad several times during November and December, 2008, and stayed in a number of rooms in the hotel, all of which were clean and well-maintained. The hotel has very good common areas, including a lovely outdoor patio, for use in conversation or reading. They have a transfer agent (a "trasladista") to meet you at the airport to drive you to the hotel. He was very reliable. The strong point of the hotel for me was the excellent staff at the reception desk, who helped me many times with local information and other tasks beyond the normal call of duty. The hotel is well located and reasonably priced. I would stay there again, and I have recommended it to others, who have also commented favorably on their experience there.

• Liked — the staff was excellent
  • Disliked — I can't think of anything that I particularly disliked.
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled solo
2 Thank soloviajero

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Korean first
Tampa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2008

My friend and I stayed at The Hotel San Antonio Abad when we first arrived in Peru, and we liked it so well that we booked it for the end of our stay as well. The hotel is very attractive, but its primary asset is its warm and friendly employees, who go out of their way to be helpful.

We followed the recommendations of other Trip Advisor members and asked for a room away from the street side, so we had quiet rooms for both our stays. A varied breakfast buffet, with eggs prepared to order, was included, as well as transportation from the airport, provided by Pedro, a delightful taxi driver who serves the hotel.

Around the block to the left as you go out the gate is an excellent Italian restaurant, and to the right is a telephone exchange where you can make local and international phone calls at very reasonable rates.

• Stayed October 2008
2 Thank HarriettTampa
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2008

While in Lima, Peru with my daughter, we stayed at the San Antonio Abad Hotel for nearly 3 weeks. The hotel is located in a neighborly section of Miraflores with easy access to visitors' shopping and cultural site visits. All the hotel staff were extremely helpful and offered efficient service and accurate information about things to see and do throughout the large metropolitian city of Lima. The hotel is safe and clean, with a healthy breakfast -- and taxi drivers associated with the hotel that are reliable and courteous to get you to your local destination (and wait for you at the museum/shop/historic site if requested) .
I would definitely stay at this hotel property during a future trip to Lima. Many of the staff speak English and/or work with you to communicate/assist you as their guest.
There are department stores within walking distance of the property, it's quiet at night -- with excellent, free wireless connections for guests' computers and the internet, and cable television. There is also a small business center with computer and printer to assist with printing e-tickets, airline boarding passes and other reservations. Enjoy your visit at the San Antonio Abad -- we definitely did -- and will again. It's an exceptional value.

• Liked — The staff and location
  • Disliked — bathroom mirrors
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank GlobalGirl22
San Diego
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2008

My husband and I enjoyed staying at this hotel. The front desk service was very good. The free breakfast was good. The room we stayed was a little bit small and kind of weird shape. It was very easy to access to any places. Their website booking system was very easy.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
Delavan Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2008

As our first hotel in Peru the San Antonio Abad was just right. Located in a quiet neighborhood in Miroflores, we were met at the airport and transferred to this small hotel. The rooms are large and clean. the staff is extremely helpful. We needed to finalize bus transport later in the trip and Maria helped us with that. Aimee called cabs for us to take us into Lima. Delicious hot breakfast is included in the $55 per night price.

• Liked — friendly helpful staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
new paltz
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2008

I would like to thank the staff at the San Antonio Abad Hotel for the kindness and concern each of you offered my wife and I when we were guest at the hotel. My wife was very ill for three nights (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday) of last week, and could not leave the room. I divided my time between being with her and reading in your comfortable lobby. Throughout the day, I was frequently asked by staff members how my wife was doing, and if there was anything they could do to help make her more comfortable. Food was brought to her room and we were also offered a heater. It was comforting to know that the staff was concerned for her, as well as for me. In particular, we would like to thank Pedro our taxi driver for visiting us while Chrissy was in the hospital. It was so encouraging to us to see Pedro, at a time when we really felt alone in such a large and unfamiliar city such as Lima. In closing, we would like to add that we will certainly recommend the San Antonio Abad as a fine Hotel to any of our friends who my be visiting your city. Sincerely, Al and Chrissy

Stayed October 2008
2 Thank peru57
Brazil
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2008

I stayed with my wife two nights and we both agree that the social areas of the hotel are very nice as their breakfast.
An other good thing is that they pick you up at the airport with no charge and they did the reservation with no pre - payment.
The room and the bathroom in particular were really bad with a very poor presentation. They don´t look clean
We paid 40 US dollars per night and I think that is not a very good value.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — Poor room and bathroom
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple