“good. nice normal hotel from hilton”

Hilton Lima Miraflores
Ranked #5 of 228 Hotels in Lima
San Diego, California
“good. nice normal hotel from hilton”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

i travel a lot, both domestic and internationally. i stay in probably 75+ room nights a year at various hotels and am Hilton diamond. so i'm a little high maintenance.

we didn't have a ton of time here at this hotel, but it was clean nice good bed and good shower--mostly all i need. i would recommend.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mqross

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I was booked into this hotel for a long business weekend. The great location, attentive service was just what I anticipated from a Hilton. The room was very comfortable and the fitness center was excellent. I appreciated they celebrated "Earth Hour" and requested everyone turn off their lights and join them in the bar for a special cocktail. The bartender created an Earth Hour Sour and showed great humor when faced with trying to read the cocktail orders by candlelight. Overall a great place to stay for business or pleasure. My only complaint is a general one that applies to many hotels including this one that still insist on charging for wifi access. S/.40.00 per day (~$14.25), really? At least provide free access in your lobby area as some other hotels do. Even though I paid for it, getting more than one device on required numerous inquiries to the front desk. I applaud your staff for their patience and civility.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Brad K
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We arrived early on at this location on Thursday morning. Our room was not yet ready so we waited around until we were able to check in. The front desk offered us an upgrade for $71 to include meals, however, we didn't believe that was necessary as we had a full agenda. The front desk agent's English was a little broken and it was not quite the service I was expecting for such a high end property. Our room had only 3 towels for 4 guests. We asked for towels to be brought up to the room twice. The water was drinkable which was nice and the beds were very comfortable. The electrical outlets were European style with 3 prongs. The front desk was able to provide an adaptor at our request. I am a Hilton employee and believe that a Hampton Inn and Suites could have stood their ground to this Hilton as I was not too impressed.

1 Thank ChristyTraveler8
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Lima Miraflores twice within the last week as part of a trip to Peru to see Machu Pichu. Since Lima has the only major international airport servicing North America in Peru, I used the Hilton as my base into and on my way out of the country. I'm also a Hilton Honors member and like to stay at Hiltons, where possible, to earn points.

The Hilton Lima Miraflores exceeded my expectations as to the kind of property and service that I expect from the chain.

Pros:
-Hotel is beautifully designed/decorated
-Room (301 and 304) was very large and spacious
-Amenities are nice, especially the Philip Thomas Roth toiletries
-I paid the rate that included the "buffet breakfast". There is actually not a buffet, but rather a regular menu from which you can order whatever you want and however much you want. The menu is a nice fusion of Peruvian/Western cuisine.
-Service was attentive. For instance, when you order a taxi, the porters will make sure to bargain the best rate (in Spanish) for your ride, and then let you know what the price is in the local currency.

Cons:
-Service can be a little over attentive. There's even a guy to press the elevator button to your floor for you.
-Since the hotel is new (ish) not all cabbies will know where the hotel is, even if you provide a map.
-Booking through a third party site (e.g., Expedia) can cause issues. For instance, I ordered the breakfast included rate, but had to leave on morning before breakfast started (it starts here at 6:30 a.m.). The hotel would not refund the breakfast.

Still, despite these small issues, I still give this hotel a full five star rating.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Alden-from-Chicago
Goleta, California
Reviewed 29 March 2014

This hotel is absolute beautiful and is nicely situated in the Miraflores district.

We got in on Thursday morning at 8:40am and I would highly suggest using taxidatum.com if needing a taxi ride right from the airport to anywhere in Lima. The drivers are professional and as safe as possible. Never would I recommend renting a car because the traffic is insane.

Once we got to the hotel a doorman was right outside the car already unloading our bags and helping us inside. We were hungry and tired and the Hilton took great care of us. The front desk check-in process was seamless and informative about the local area and the property. We were definitely early compared to check-in but within 15 minutes we were ready to go to our room. Renzo was AMAZING, he escorted us to our room and told about the area.

We did have breakfast at the restaurant within the hotel and the food offers Peruvian specials but also common American dishes with a twist. The cost was great and it resembled a buffet option but instead you were waited on at your table and could order what items you wanted. The gentleman that assisted us was great in offering suggestions and assisting us so quickly, Definitely try some of the smoothies if visiting!

Then like I mentioned we were tired, hungry and a little smelly from traveling for 16 hours. Went straight to shower and then to the infinity pool. The pool and rooftop overlooks Lima and is a great place to relax. The hot tubs could have been a little hotter but that could just be me. This hotel also has a terrific gym that is open 24 hours a day.

All in all i would stay here a dozen times over and never get tired of it.

1 Thank Bealer7709
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 29 March 2014

This place was great. From our check-in through check-out the team delivered quality and a positive experience.
Everyone on the staff had a positive attitude and was willing to help. They consistently went beyond what I would expect from a hotel.
We are Hilton Honors Diamond members so we had access to the Executive level which was great as it had breakfast, pool, and snacks available during the day. The staff of the Executive dining area was top-notch.
I was there on my birthday and we let it slip during our stay that it was my birthday and we were looking for a great place to dine. When we got back to the room they had a little birthday desert in the room with 'happy birthday' written in chocolate syrup. Very nice touch!
The location is great and the area is very safe and clean.

If you have a choice while in Lima make this your destination.

1 Thank KingHuskey
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Superb hotel. Very well located, great staff and most comfortable beds.
One of the best breakfasts I've ever had; great mix of local and international dishes, and so pleasant to eat out on the patio at the front. Guess I was lucky since the sun was shining for throughout my stay!

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo