“Good place to stay”

Ranked #6 of 324 Speciality Lodging in Lima
Austin, Texas
“Good place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

This hostel is well-located and well-run. The owner was attentive to our questions, and went out of his way to be helpful. We arrived late, and the hostel arranged for a driver to pick us up at the airport. The driver was waiting, even though we were delayed, and the transport fee was fair.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Patty A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Korean first
Surrey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Although there was an initial mix up with my booking, I really enjoyed my stay at the hostel and to be fair to Gonzalo he was very apologetic and couldn't do enough to correct the mistake, even giving me a night for free. I thought the hostel was well looked after and very clean, nice big beds in the dorm and good wifi throughout. The staff were very informative and helpful with great local knowledge. Excellent coffee in the morning my only suggestion for improvement would be eggs everyday! Thanks for a fantastic stay would def recommend :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank HolidayMaker666
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

This hostel is located in an amazing house in the quiet part of miraflores.
Facilities are great, the living room is very inviting and the atmosphere is great.
Best of all are the staff who are all super friendly and helpful and really make staying here a great time!

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank nirbadt
Nederland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

A friendly welcome by the owner when checking in. Really helpful and providing lots of information on Lima and especially on hiking to Machu Picchu as well. It turned out he'd been living in that area for some years and done impressive hiking himself.

Usually I prefer private rooms, but I slept here in the dorm as I was travelling alone - budget reasons. Luckily it was really quiet with only two other people around. The breakfast is the basic thing you'll usually get: bread, jam, juice.

If you look around and plan ahead and are travelling together with friends you may be able to book a private room for around the same price (per person).

Afterwards I realized that I forgot my towel. The owner was helpful in returning it to me. I was surprised to find out it had even been washed.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank fjorden
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at 511 for a total of four nights (two at the beginning of our trip and two at the end) in a private room with ensuite bathroom. We were looking for reasonably priced accommodation in a safe neighbourhood and this place fit the bill perfectly! Not only was this hostel super clean and comfortable, but, as many others have also noted, the atmosphere was simply awesome! Gonzalo and the other staff were SO welcoming and warm and made us feel like we were among friends. They were always available to help us out with any questions and went out of their way to make our stay the best it could be (not only at the hostel, but for the remainder of our trip in Peru as well). Gonzalo also does a great job of creating a social, fun environment for guests -- it was always very easy to chat with others staying at the hostel (awesome common area very conducive to group gatherings!).

If you're looking for somewhere to stay in Lima, look no further! This place is great all around and in a super convenient location (central in Miraflores and super close to the beautiful waterfront paths). My only piece of advice is to remember that this is a HOSTEL (a very nice one, mind you), not a hotel. So long as you don't go expecting all the frills and amenities of a hotel, then you'll have a great time! Thanks again, Gonzalo, for a wonderful stay! :)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ashleyp88
gonzalo h, Propietario at 511 Lima Hostel, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Duncan and Ashley!, you were great!. It was really awesome having you here. You are welcome any time!. Thanks again and hope you are doing great whereever you are.
Take care guys!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

I came to 511 initially for 4 days, then returned a week later for 1 more night (unintentionally). I say that because my 2nd pass through Lima, 511 did not have a bed for me, so I checked in at a nearby hostel. However, I went to my hostel across the street for bed at 1:30 AM and to my dismay, nobody answered the bell while I waited for 5 minutes. Thank God for the staff at 511! I went back and they cleared a couch, gave me a pillow and a blanket, and fed me breakfast the next day without asking for any compensation. Breakfasts are excellent and staff go above and beyond. Love this place.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

We don't usually stay in hostels with dorm rooms because we find they can be quite party & youth oriented (we are neither) but we had a great time here. We stayed two nights in the king suite (don't remember the name) and enjoyed socializing in the evening and in the common areas. The room was one of the best we've had in South America (we travelled 3 months) and loved the unique décor, access to books, etc. We wish we could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: Grab the suite if you can!