511 Lima Hostel
US$290
US$247
US$65
  • Restaurant
All reviewsprivate bathroomstayed nightsminute walklocation is greatfelt very safenice staywater pressurepatiwifinightlifecoastartcliffsjam
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The 511 is excellently located very close to the Miraflores beach front and has very helpful staff. It is incredibly plush, and has the associated price tag. I wouldn't really describe this as a hostel and it certainly doesn't have the atmosphere of one. There is good wifi too.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This hostel is well-located and well-run. The owner was attentive to our questions, and went out of his way to be helpful. We arrived late, and the hostel arranged for a driver to pick us up at the airport. The driver was waiting, even though we were delayed, and the transport fee was fair.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Patty A
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Although there was an initial mix up with my booking, I really enjoyed my stay at the hostel and to be fair to Gonzalo he was very apologetic and couldn't do enough to correct the mistake, even giving me a night for free. I thought the hostel was well looked after and very clean, nice big beds in the dorm and good wifi throughout. The staff were very informative and helpful with great local knowledge. Excellent coffee in the morning my only suggestion for improvement would be eggs everyday! Thanks for a fantastic stay would def recommend :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank HolidayMaker666
Reviewed 11 May 2014

This hostel is located in an amazing house in the quiet part of miraflores.
Facilities are great, the living room is very inviting and the atmosphere is great.
Best of all are the staff who are all super friendly and helpful and really make staying here a great time!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank nirbadt
Reviewed 4 May 2014

A friendly welcome by the owner when checking in. Really helpful and providing lots of information on Lima and especially on hiking to Machu Picchu as well. It turned out he'd been living in that area for some years and done impressive hiking himself.

Usually I prefer private rooms, but I slept here in the dorm as I was travelling alone - budget reasons. Luckily it was really quiet with only two other people around. The breakfast is the basic thing you'll usually get: bread, jam, juice.

If you look around and plan ahead and are travelling together with friends you may be able to book a private room for around the same price (per person).

Afterwards I realized that I forgot my towel. The owner was helpful in returning it to me. I was surprised to find out it had even been washed.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo