“Great Hostal”
Review of 511 Lima Hostel

511 Lima Hostel
Ranked #8 of 348 Speciality Lodging in Lima
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed here for almost 2 weeks and never had any problems. I have done a fare share of travel and this hostal is one of the nicest and cleanest I have come across. The staff is friendly and helpful. It is a quiet hostal which is welcomed and also in a great location in Miraflores. You won't have any problems staying here.

Este hospedaje es bacan y bien ubicado. Limpo y seguro y vas a encontrar amables empleados. Sobre todo es muy tranquilo.

There are newer reviews for 511 Lima Hostel

Reviewed 9 June 2014

It was the great reviews of Hostal 511 that drew me to this place, I was unable to stay there my first weekend in Lima as they had no rooms available. The location is great, 2 blocks to the beach but still only 10 minutes walk to Parque Kennedy where the majority of bars and restaurants are. Alejandro made me feel right at home as soon as I arrived, the environment was stress free from beginning to end.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The rooms and bathroom are very outdated and basic. The bed however was very comfortable. The front office staff was very helpful. However, we were only there one night and half the time there was no one there to help us. The breakfast was extremely basic: bread and coffee and juice. The location is a good 10-15 minute walk from the downtown Miraflores. We were very excited to stay based on reviews, but were somewhat disappointed.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the street. There is a lot of noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
gonzalo h, Propietario at 511 Lima Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Sorry you feel this way. I wouldn´t call it a basic breakfast since we have muffins, scramble eggs, juice and Ham, in fact most people are really thank full for the free brekafast I included in the price.
Any how I will keep in mind your review. Thanks for writing us, will keep on working to improve things!.

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed in the hostel twice within a week. The double room with en-suite was really spacious and the bed amazingly comfortable. The location is fantastic, in front of the hostel there's a nice bakery for some treats! Staff has helped me from day one when I checked in until arranging a taxi for the airport. Really recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The 511 is excellently located very close to the Miraflores beach front and has very helpful staff. It is incredibly plush, and has the associated price tag. I wouldn't really describe this as a hostel and it certainly doesn't have the atmosphere of one. There is good wifi too.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

This hostel is well-located and well-run. The owner was attentive to our questions, and went out of his way to be helpful. We arrived late, and the hostel arranged for a driver to pick us up at the airport. The driver was waiting, even though we were delayed, and the transport fee was fair.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Patty A
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Although there was an initial mix up with my booking, I really enjoyed my stay at the hostel and to be fair to Gonzalo he was very apologetic and couldn't do enough to correct the mistake, even giving me a night for free. I thought the hostel was well looked after and very clean, nice big beds in the dorm and good wifi throughout. The staff were very informative and helpful with great local knowledge. Excellent coffee in the morning my only suggestion for improvement would be eggs everyday! Thanks for a fantastic stay would def recommend :)

1  Thank HolidayMaker666