“Fabulous”

La Decima
Cuisines: Contemporary, International, Fusion
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Said Musa preferably selected slopes where the vines bloom, which spread the orange fragrances, who raise truffle groves, abundant counties in hunting and fruits - Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I was in Lima on business and a friend from the States suggested I visit La Decima and I'm sure glad I did. I really can't add to the wonderful reviews, only suggesting that if you are in to fine dining without pretense, don't leave Lima without visiting this restaurant. Pesco Sour Classico, salad, fillet and deserts that would have to be the best anywhere.

La_Decima, Gerente at La Decima, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at La Décima.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 26 January 2014

My husband and I went for dinner in a summer saturday night. We were the only ones for almost 1 hour.

The place is very nice and it has a 2nd floor lounge. The attention is overwhelming...to much for us. When somebody, which was not the maitre, came to tell us the recommendations, we were surprised they recommended us what was already in the menú ! We thought they will recommend something different but no. The waiter was far to intrusive. He came all the time and asked us things, even interrupting our conversations. It happened many times. It was too much.

The presentation of food is very nice but that doesn't necessary goes with the quality of it. For example the bread was not fresh, it was clearly heated and from 2 or 3 days of being baked.

The size of a glass of wine is under the 125 ml, even when I pointed it out, they told me "it was the right size", but I am sure it wasn't. The white wine was warmer than it should be.

The food...a very long and complicated menú. Foams everywhere. It took us quite a long time to decide and when we finally ordered we were not really please.

We had grilled scallops and rissoto balls as starters. 4 grilled scallops for around S/. 30.00 was far way too expensive and the rissoto balls were dry.

For main courses we had a squid spaghetti and a greek plate, which name I can't recall. The squid spaghetti, which was one of the recommendations of the waiter was very dry and squids stuffed with chorizo, not what I expected. The meat in the other dish was also overcooked.

For dessert we ordered a Raspberry Molten Cake. Not good, I prefer the one they serve at La Bodeguita by the Huaca Pucllana.

All these with several interruptions of the waiter. Not the best dinner experience.

In a city like Lima, with so many good restaurants this is not the best option. Next door there is Antica, with its great and fresh food at half the price....

We wouldn't come back.

La_Decima, Gerente at La Decima, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at La Decima Restaurant & Lounge, We are certainly very sorry to hear that your experience was not a positive one. We take very seriously each of our guest’s comments and have already spoken with every staff member attempting to identify which table rendered such a poor dining experience and why, in order to take corrective measures.

Again, please accept our sincere apology, and I look forward to welcoming you back in a future visit.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 22 November 2013

VIsiting my home town - I tried 'Chupe de Camarones', a traditional river shrimp soup. Its presentation was a show in itself and it was one of my best ever, easily beating those from Lunahuana, Camana, and other places specialized in this type of soup. I also had asado de tira which was perfectly cooked. Music was subtle enough to enjoy a quiet lunch.

La_Decima, Gerente at La Decima, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Thank you very much Mr.PGuarda, for sharing your experience at La Décima.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Beautiful atmospehere with a lovely carved picture of La Decima the 10th Musse of gastronomy.
Delicious and colourful dishes. Must try the kataifi shrimps, the sea bass cooked with herbs, the most tender beef cooked slowly for hours so tender and tasty, the lemon grass cocktail, the home made little breads with their own butter, all the starters with the different sauces. The local Peruvian cooked chicken was incredible. The desserts....panacota with rasberry sauce, the baked apple, the local rice pudding with a delicious sauce.....l tasted everything l could as they were simply yummy. The two chefs, Sam and Maji, create masterpieces as they love what they do. The staff so warm and awaiting for whatever you may want. The restaurant is located in the best area for dining. Simply a magical experience. A must go for every traveller that visits Lima and wants to taste & eat the best quality and leave fully satisfied. l've taken photoes of all these dishes and they simply make me travel back there. lt was an evening always to remember.

1  Thank Jenny Z

Thank you very much Mrs. Jenny Z, for sharing your experience at La Décima.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I have gone many times and never disappointed. My favourite dishes are the octopus in cinamon smoke, the short ribs, and for dessert the Panna Cotta with hazelnut cream

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
La_Decima, Gerente at La Decima, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Thank you very much Mr. Achong, for sharing your experience at La Décima.

Best Regards,