“Absolutely delightful”
Review of Hotel B

Hotel B
Ranked #4 of 232 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed as a family at the Hotel B for three nights total (3 rooms) over two trips within a week. We all loved it. First, the bar and the staff could not be more friendly. The front desk is also staffed with hosts that will recognize you. We all stayed on the second level in the main building and loved all rooms - one of them had a steam shower - glassed in the middle of the bathroom - which was funky but real cool - My room was larger at the end of a small corridor with windows to the courtyard. Breakfast was great. I ordered the Peruvian eggs that came with quinoa - unusual but fantastic!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
CommercialDirector, Director Comercial at Hotel B, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely comments. We truly appreciate your words and specially to know thay you had a great experience at Hotel B.
We work really hard on a daily basis to be the best boutique hotel and to provide a unique and different stay for each guest.

We truly hope to have you back at Hotel B soon

Reviewed 18 April 2014

This is now one of my favourite hotels in the world. Situated in Barranco the location is amazing this is the bohemian creative neighbourhood of Lima full of art galleries bars and reasonably priced cafes and restaurants. The hotel reflects this in its quirky decor and it's bar is one of the hippest in the area so always full of interesting people. The rooms were great and the service was second to none. If you are going to stay in Lima stay here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thank You very much for your review and comments. We highly appreciate and value them.
It is absolutely great to know that Hotel B is your favourite option in Lima and encourage us to keep working and improving.
It will be a pleasure to host you again...we hope soon!

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I found out about this hotel a few months after I arrived in Lima, and being in the industry and working in uber high end hotels, I had to simply check the new hot spot in town. Peru does not have a single hotel of this calibre except the remote Titilaka, and so I made it a point to visit. Dressed in simple clothes I went and the security at the entrance let me in and I was greeted by a very friendly gentleman Carlos in the Sales & Marketing team. Even though he was in a hurry he arranged a site tour for me with a member of the bell staff who was ever so courteous. I was very impressed with the interiors - from the decor to the art to the furniture. Everything top notch. I unfortunately have not been able to experience the food and beverage but I hope to very soon.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank UniqueBoutique
Javier B, Marketing Manager at Hotel B, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2015

We truly hope to have you back at Hotel B soon.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

This will be 'the place' in a year or two, we believe. Very quirky with at the moment, uneven service. Sometimes it was at the top of any category, then other times no one seemed to know what was happening. The location is, at the moment, the only real problem. There is little to no 'good' walking around the hotel. Food, however, was excellent.

Room Tip: Might ask for room in the original section - not the newer one.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Linda C
CommercialDirector, Director Comercial at Hotel B, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Linda,

Thank you for your review and comments, we highly appreciate them.
Hotel B is located in Barranco which is a completely different neighborhood than San Isidro and Miraflores. Barranco is an historical area with a very bohemian charm since all intelectuals and artists are living and working here nowadays.
Hotel B is located very close to Miraflores (3 minutes by car - 15 minutes walking). It is very interesting to notice that Barranco is becoming extremely popular for all the different options and possibilities.

We truly hope to have you with us during your next trip to Peru

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I am originally from Peru, I live in NYC and through out the years I have been in several 5 star accommodations. Every year, I visit my family in Lima, and for decades I have been in love with the building that the B Arts Boutique Hotel currently resides in. I was so happy to see it restored to its former glory, something that I was proud to show to my fellow New Yorkers. BUT the problem was when I tried to step in the hotel with my son and mother to check the lobby, have a some tea in the afternoon, I was told that I was not allowed in the hotel at all. The poor man at the entrance told me that if I was not a guest I cannot go in, because there were tourists inside. I was embarrassed for him and for the management, he was told not to let anyone in and he did his job. Not even a question about dinner reservations, nothing… I have to tell you that even the Taj Group in India, one of the premier accommodation hoteliers would not behave that way, even after the Mumbai attack. I mention this because I grew up in Lima in the 80's when security was a big problem, and I thought that may be the B Arts Boutique Hotel felt threaten by a little boy, his mother and grandma. Again, I was embarrassed for the management that will not allowed "possible guests" to discover the beauty of Lima Hotels and the amazing architecture it can offer. I will NOT recommend this hotel and its exclusive practices. I will be always grateful that we as Peruvians recover almost lost gems of our architecture, but I will NOT approve its management style. I will look at the interior pictures and admire its interior but not the soul of the administration.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Lucrecia_B

Dear Lucrecia,

We made all the enquiries in order to find out what happened since out hotel and specially the restaurant is always open for visitors or clients. We have talked to Security and Front Desk and there is no record of this,
We wil really appreciate if you could advise your name, day and approximate hour so we can check the cameras and security records?

We have an open policy regarding visits and the restaurant which opens in the morning until 11.30pm.

You can contact us at marketing@andean-experience.com

Reviewed 7 March 2014

A new hotel in Lima and still smelling slightly of paint is a wonderful townhouse that seems to be unique within the hotel scene in the city.

Large classical rooms with very high ceilings and modern boutique furniture. A small bar area and restaurant leads off the large grand reception; to the side of the reception is the library/breakfast room. We only had a short time for breakfast but there was a vast array of Peruvian and international specialties awaiting guests.

Bedrooms again had very very high ceilings and while not huge were more than adequate. The bath / shower areas which in some cases were almost in the room were spectacular. The staff were very friendly and helpful overall a very pleasant stay.

I see the hotel has just been admitted to the Relais & Château chain which suits them well.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheTonyTraveller
CommercialDirector, Director Comercial at Hotel B, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, we highly appreciate it.
We are very proud to be part of Relais & Châteaux and to provide the best standard levels.
It is very rewarding to know that you enjoyed Hotel B and had a nice stay with us. We truly hope that this will be the first of more future stays in our property.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at the B Arts Hotel for 4 nights on our recent vacation to Lima. This was, without a doubt, the best hotel we have ever stayed at! This is coming from two Americans who have stayed at hundreds of hotels/resorts in and outside of the USA.

If your looking for a mega resort in the mold of a Westin or Hilton, etc, this place will probably disappoint. But if you appreciate culture, beauty, sophistication, wonderful service, excellent food, and most importantly ART, you will fall in love with the B Arts Hotel.

It reminds me of a historic ART gallery made into a quiet classy hotel. The little things are amazing....the solid hardwood floors, marble sink and tub, rooftop lounge area, spiral staircase, and library are totally unique. It's hard to explain the beauty of this hotel!

Finally, the other great thing is that it is located in the Barranco district which is an amazing area. Two blocks down the street is the cliff with the Pacific Ocean right there and almost across the street is a place called Dedallo whic is basically an amazing store that sells unique and beautiful Peruvian gifts, etc.

The previous reviewers who complained that it is too far from downtown Lima are ridiculous. You can grab a taxi out front in like 10 seconds and get downtown in a few minutes for like 6 or 7 US dollars.

There is no pool but they are adding a plunge pool soon and honestly it made no difference to us.

Do yourself a favor....visit this hotel and appreciate it for what it is. Purely magnificent with a wonderful staff!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bengals868
CommercialDirector, Director Comercial at Hotel B, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Thank You very much for review and comments.
It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed a great stay with us and that Hotel B fulfilled all you expectations.
We are very proud about our hotel and it's innovative concept.
We truly hope to have the chance to host you again soon.