“Not up to the job” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel B

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel B
Ranked #6 of 226 Hotels in Lima
Halifax, Canada
“Not up to the job”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

When you spring for luxury, you expect excellence. At Hotel B, when I checked in late at night, I paid 360 dollars (at an apparent discount from 550!) for a small room, with ear plugs provided, that had no hot water when I went to shower. Traffic was loud, and when breakfast time came around, it was a small buffet with a very confusing set up. I finally ascertained that there was service to bring you eggs, etc, but it was slow. When I asked for a second cup of coffee I waited 20 mins. We ate food in the restaurant and it was average, and overall the service was bumbling. I found this place a huge disappointment. Only the receptionists seemed to know what they were doing, although when I told them I had no hot water the night before they apologised and that was it. At those prices, you expect something more. All over Peru I found that 5 star hotels seemed to be somewhat out of their depth, and were not really up to standard. I rarely stay in them mind, so perhaps I am the one with unrealistic expectations. In this case, however, I feel like they are not quite at the races.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank TheUnnamable
CommercialDirector, Director Comercial at Hotel B, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Guest,

We truly apologize for all the inconveniences during your stay.
All the involved areas have taken good note of your comments and working really hard to solve the mentioned issues. We are always working so hard to improve every details and provide the best service. Your comments are highly appreciated and helped us so much.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

This hotel is different from any hotel that I've stayed in. It's more of an art gallery than a hotel from when you walk into the door. Every room is different, the first floor is the older part of the hotel and the key is an old skeleton key! The second floor is newer and the room that I stayed in had a tub right in the middle! The bed is very comfortable and the linen is amazing. I had no problem sleeping. The bathroom is modern with toiletries that I didn't care for due to my sensitive sense of smell. Do walk around and look at all the art on all the floors. Don't forget to walk up to the terrace to see a glimpse of the ocean. Breakfast here was superb, but tea time was fair compared to the other hotels that we've stayed at during our trip to Peru. Service here was top notch. Hotel B is walking distance to several galleries, there's one next door! It was a nice park right in front and walking distance to the ocean and just around the Barranco area. My favorite thing about this hotel are the doors in the older part of the hotel! Just a unique experience!

Room Tip: Newer rooms on the second floor, some with a stand alone tub! These rooms are bigger than the older...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments and review.
It is great to know that you enjoyed our property and specially the concept. We are very proud of our private art collection.

We truly hope to have the chance to have you again with us pretty soon at Hotel B
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

If you've looked for hotels in Lima, besides the old Country Club, you'll see recommendations for this renovated colonial style home in Barranco. It's small, with beautiful communal spaces, well-appointed rooms, and a cozy bar. The half owner also owns a fantastic art gallery next door, but you are in the artists' region of the City, so walk the (safe) streets to find more examples of very sophisticated, interesting art. The Hotel B has superb offerings for breakfast in the dining room and on its sunlit patio. The service was "green" last week, but willing to do anything to please. As this relatively new hotel settles in, I'm sure that won't be a concern. The mural over the bar reminds of great bars in Madrid, New York, or any sophisticated city, and the patrons were well-dressed locals, as well as guests.
This is not a hotel for a budget traveler.

Room Tip: You are close to the ocean, but I don't think there are direct ocean views. The streets seemed...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CommercialDirector, Director Comercial at Hotel B, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments, we highly appreciate them.
It is great to know that you enjoyed our private art collection, we are very proud of it and we keep selecting important pieces in order to turn each stay into a unique experience of the senses.
We are taking good note of your words and we would love to have you again with us in a near future.
Thank you for chosing Hotel B.
Vevey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Perfect location in Barranco, an very nice area a few minutes away to Miraflores, if you hesitate between the two locations know that it's almost the same (i.e. they lent me a bike to go to the Larcomar Mall and it took me a bit more than 5 mins). The hotel offers one of the best breakfast I have ever eaten, a fantastic and very personalized service (the front desk lady sat at my breakfast table to help me organize my visits and nicely offered to borrow one of their bikes). The rooms and decoration is top notch, nothing to complain about this hotel, it is pure pleasure.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Frenes5
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your time and for your review but specially for letting us know about your stay.
It is always a pleasure to pamper our guests and turn their time in Lima into a lovely experience. Please let us know if you are planning to come back to Lima, we would love to host you again.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

THE hotel of Lima! Most interesting hotel I have ever stayed in! The incredible art and friendly staff make the experience even more fantastic.

The hotel is small but feels very worldly in presentation. The art is thoughtfully curated and the furniture and small details make the hotel special and unique. You will not find any place like this!

The room was gorgeous, and also filled with art and fantastic details like an old-fashioned type writer, juxtaposing wallpapers, and the most comfortable bed and linens.

I loved the outdoor dining area, which is a small courtyard surrounded by sculptures. Having afternoon tea there was an absolute treat.

The hotel, overall, was the coolest hotel I have ever seen, and I really look forward to visiting again!

Room Tip: Make sure to book a room with a tub!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Rachel T
CommercialDirector, Director Comercial at Hotel B, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and such a positive review. He highly appreciate your comments and make us very proud to know how much you had enjoyed your stay with us.
We are always working very hard to provide unique experiences and training our staff to be the best in the city. It is so rewarding to know we are succeeding.

Please let us know if you have any plans to come back, it will be a pleasure to host you again.
Silverthorne, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

This beautiful boutique hotel is a gem. Stunning art collection on the awl everywhere in hotel. We had a late flight to North America and they let us use our room until 10:pm, We were delighted with that hospitality.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CommercialDirector, Director Comercial at Hotel B, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback which we shared with our staff.
We are very proud of our personalized service and it is our committment to exceed our clients expectations in every possible way.

We will be looking forward to have you again with us at Hotel B
Flowood, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

And at Hotel B you are surrounded by art at all times - everything appeals to the senses and invites your mind to explore! There was absolutely nothing about this place that was 'out of the box', including the breakfasts. Staff could not be more helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank aslpro
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments.
We are delighted to know that you had a lovely stay at Hotel B and enjoyed all our art and design.
To receive such review is our motivation to keep improving every day.

It will be a pleasure to have you again with us soon