“Comfortable in nice location”

Four Points By Sheraton Miraflores
Ranked #23 of 228 Hotels in Lima
Frankfort, Kentucky
“Comfortable in nice location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

The Four Points Miraflores is a comfortable hotel at reasonble price in a nice location. It sits on a relatively quiet street in central Miraflores, easy walking distance to Kennedy Park. Short cab rides to restaurants in Miraflores and San Isedro. Short cab ride to Huaca Pucllano and the seaside parks and mall. Banks, market within short walking distance. Full breakfast buffet included in room charge.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Recursos2013, Gerente at Four Points By Sheraton Miraflores, responded to this review, 2 July 2014

Thank you for sharing your Four Points by Sheraton experience.
We are very pleased to know that our staff service, food and the new design of our locations exceeded your expectations.

Looking forward to seeing you soon in our hotel where you will be always welcome.

General Manager Four Points by Sheraton Miraflores

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

This is a very good hotel for a Four Points flag. It is not a fancy hotel. This hotel is located in the middle of the Miraflores district (about a 15 minute walk to the water). The staff was helpful and the hotel was clean with a good included breakfast and free wi-fi.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Jacob,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Its a relatively new, fully equipped business hotel in Miraflores. The rooms are decent sized & everything in the room is comfortable & functional. The larcomar mall is only a 10 minute walk & its very easy to get around most tourist places in the city. The service is very good from the reception to room service. Concierge is extremely helpful in booking places & information.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Recursos2013, Gerente at Four Points By Sheraton Miraflores, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments and for sharing your Four Points experience with other travelers. We are very pleased to know that our staff service and the new design of our locations exceeded your expectations.

Miami
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Just got back from Lima and had a great 3 night hotel stay at the Four Points Sheraton in the Miraflores neighborhood. The check-in was fast and simple. As in any international destination, you will have to show passport and proper immigration documentation at the time of checking in.

The room – I had a double room - modern décor, very comfortable beds and all the modern amenities you will find in a 4-5 star hotel here in the states. The bathroom – has high end fixtures, it is spacious and it has a fantastic shower. Here is my only complaint during my entire stay – a double room accommodating two people and they only place two towels of each size. This might be ok if you take only one shower a day, but if you take a shower in the morning and another one in the evening, this could be a problem. The towel I used each evening did not dry overnight. Therefore, I had to use a damped towel to dry myself each morning. A very strange decision made by the housekeeping management for a hotel of this category and the high level of service everywhere else. I did not complaint but, I am sure they would have provided extra towels on my request. (This is the only reason why I give a 4 instead of a 5 star to this hotel).

The breakfast buffet - simply amazing! All offerings were changed daily: fruits, yogurt, cereals and natural juices. Scrambled eggs served with different kinds of breakfast meats and daily typical Peruvian breakfast items. Cold cuts, cheeses, olives, sauces, etc., etc., different kinds of breads, butters and jams and for those who love sweets, they include a desert spread…yes, for breakfast… Oh! and I almost forgot…Great Coffee!!

But where this hotel really shines is in their customer service. They make you feel welcomed all the time. It does not matter how many times you enter the hotel, they will greet you like the very first time you walked in to check-in. I found this high level of service to be consistent everywhere in the hotel – restaurant, bar, concierge, front desk, etc… Truly outstanding!

The hotel location is also one of the reasons I will choose this hotel on my next trip to Lima. It is a block away from the busy Jose Larco Avenue, which eliminates all traffic noise and it is also just a short walk away from the Larcomar Shopping Center (10min walk). Near JFK Park where you can hop on the double decker Mirabus Tour bus for excursions. There are many restaurants, bars, and good shopping all around this hotel.

Again, I had a great 3 night stay at the Four Point Sheraton in Miraflores, Lima Peru.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Recursos2013, Gerente at Four Points By Sheraton Miraflores, responded to this review, 16 June 2014

Thank you for sharing your Four Points by Sheraton experience.

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I just left this hotel and am still shaking from what just happened.
The background: I had made a reservation at this property using my SPG points for a full week stay and later called SPG Platinum to shorten my stay to the first two nights only. The day of my arrival, Silvana Barra from the hotel contacted me saying that their records indicate my reservation was not made with points, I responded right away indicating that I had an email from SPG confirming my points reservation; I didn't hear back from her until the day of my departure. In the meantime, I informed the front desk of the potential issue upon check in, forwarded my confirmation email and requested that the hotel follow up with SPG to resolve the matter which they assured me they would. The morning of my checkout, I again requested that the hotel follow up with SPG, which apparently they had not done so far and left my luggage with the reception since we were going to be out on an excursion for the day.
The incident: When I returned to pick up my luggage, I was asked to present myself to the front desk where an employee (the same Silvana from the earlier email) aggressively informed me I would not be allowed to leave the hotel without paying. I again explained the situation, referred to my confirmation email and the fact that the points had already been debited from my account, and asked if the hotel was able to clarify the issue with SPG. She told me they did not even try to reach SPG and that it was my responsibility to do that. I got frustrated and just decided to leave, at which point she instructed security to restrain me, which they did forcefully, even pushing me back as I was trying to exit the hotel. It was a traumatizing and humiliating experience. Needless to say I was furious and made myself heard, she eventually contacted someone by phone who instructed her to release me, but by then, the harm was done. She then just told me I could go and did not even apologize. I realize the issue may have been in part SPG Platinum guest services' fault who probably messed my reservation when I asked them to modify it, however this situation was very poorly managed by the hotel, and that employee (Silvana Barra) in particular was completely unprofessional and a disgrace both to this hotel's brand as well as to the profession at large.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank OthmaneAkesbi
Recursos2013, Gerente at Four Points By Sheraton Miraflores, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Mr. Akesbi,

First of all, thank you for taking for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor.
We apologize for the inconvenience you went through during your stay with us.
However, this was Starwood Revenue Department who made the mistakes with your reservations.
Ms. Silvana Parra did try to explain to you the situation and try to help you contact Starwood because normally you have to contact them directly when there are modifications on reservations made with points. It's not the first time we run into a case like this. Starwood politics are very clear on this kind of situations.

Once again, thank you very much for sharing your comments and we hope you come back to our hotel, where you will be always welcome.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Hotel is in a neighbourhood, where you would want to stay at , if you are in Lima. The hotel is a well maintained property.

We stayed for two nights and the reservation was made using points. When we checked in, I was told that the reservation was for 1 person ( a king size bed) and I would be charged an additional 40 USD per night because my wife was along with me.

Didn't sound logical, but we were tired and agreed to pay up. The staff at the check in desk were not knowledgeable about the process. I had to call up the SPG customer service to get the clarifications.

later in the day, I spoke to somebody else at the front desk and they agreed that I shouldnt be charged any money.

the plus point about this hotel is the location.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your Four Points by Sheraton experience.

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Marquette, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Having visited Lima with a large group, we stayed at Four Points By Sheraton Miraflores for approximately a week and a half. The service was absolutely top-notch! The staff consistently sought to meet our needs before we even expressed them. The hotel itself was very clean, and had lovely extras, including a beautiful common patio for folks to socialize on. The hotel gave great advice on local areas to visit, and went above for us and beyond scheduling RSVPs, etc. Everyone from Raul, Alex, Diego, etc., etc., etc...the staff was the best part of the entire experience! Thank you for making our "home away from home" the best experience possible!!! Anytime I'm back in Lima, I'll be back at Four Points by Sheraton Miraflores! :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Recursos2013, Gerente at Four Points By Sheraton Miraflores, responded to this review, 4 June 2014