“One point of contact for Lima, cusco, Puno & Arequipa hotels”

Tierra Viva Miraflores Larco
Ranked #15 of 234 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We stayed 8 nights with the Tierra Viva chain of hotels during our recent trip to Peru. We stayed with them at Lima, Cusco, Puno & Arequipa. For me this was probably the best decision of our trip. If you are traveling across Peru you are likely to touch these 4 locations. If you are not looking for swimming pools, fancy restaurants & other luxury trappings, this hotel chain is ideal. All their hotels are located very well. You are actually walking distance from the tourist attractions in Cusco, Puno & Arequipa & in Lima you are in Miraflores, where all the action is. Their rooms are clean with a very comfortable bed & all the modern trappings like flat screen TVs, Free Wifi etc. Their breakfast is great. While Lima had the best spread, the others were no less. All their hotels have free access to computers , printers etc which is really useful. Their airport pick ups & drops etc were very efficient & reasonably priced. I even got a free pick up at Puno at 4.30 am! Since I don't speak Spanish, the bell hop always helped out with the taxi, fixing the price & making sure the destination was well understood. They stored our luggage during our trips to Nazca & Machu Picchu. They have a free supply of Coco Tea at Cusco, Puno & Arequipa hotel lobby which is a great help to acclimatize with the altitude. They also helped with reservation for meals at Astrid & Gaston & Central, both of which are a must visit fine dining experience in Lima being rated within the top 50 restaurants in the world.

Now the icing on the cake, if you stay with them in more than one location, you get a 10% discount as long as you book directly through them.

They are extremely good for those traveling through Peru and are looking for 3 or 4 star accommodations in cities they are present in.

I did not try booking tours etc through them as I had done most of these own my own so can't comment on that area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Shibac701
TierraViva01, Director General at Tierra Viva Miraflores Larco, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear Shibac701,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comment and for sharing your experience at Tierra Viva with other travelers.

We are so glad of knowing that you had a great time during your stays in all our locations in Lima, Puno, Arequipa and Cusco.

At Tierra Viva, our mission is “To contribute to convert a travel in an unforgettable experience”, and reading comments like yours show us that we are in the right path.

Once again, thank you, and we hope to have you again with us in the near future.

Tierra Viva Hotels

Write a ReviewReviews (1,437)

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Very appreciate pre-travel e-mail conversation with hotel's administration. We found very helpful recommendation to book transportation from Lima's airport to the hotel. I would stay here again if I go back to Lima in the future and will recommend to all my friends. Good hotel for very reasonable price.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alexander_IL

Dear Alexander_IL,

Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights. About 35 min from the airport. Will cost you 40-50 Soles for cab ride. Rooms are clean. Decor is modern. Staff is friendly. Breakfast is delicious and starts at 6am. About 10 minutes from Larcomar and about 15-20 to the parc del amor. Definitely recommend!

Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Jjsalonga

Dear JnjSalonga,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comment and for recommending Tierra Viva to other travelers.

We are so glad that we have fulfilled your expectations and we hope to have you again at any Tierra Viva Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

This hotel has proven to be more than worthy the money. Rooms are excellent and very clean. Breakfast has everything one needs. Above the location nearby the most interesting places in Miraflores, the staff just helps with any question or request you have! The whole crew is there for you. Where my plans to get to Machu Picchu suddenly seemed to become impossible, everyone immediately offered their help and made the impossible become possible. They've guided me from A to Z to make my trip from Cuzco to Aguascalientes really happen. A driver, arranged by the hotel, was waiting for me at Cuzco airport and drove me for a very good price to Ollantaytambo. For the train from there to Aguascalientes, the hotel crew investigated the options I still had and sent me to the Perurail office in Larco Mar where in 2 minutes I got my tickets. Without their help, I would never have reached Machu Picchu. So many thanks to all people working at Tierra Viva Miraflores Larco. If I ever come back to Peru, you'll definitely see me back for a stay at your hotel!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Rudy P

Dear Rudy P,

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Choose high floor to avoid some of the street noise if you could.
Bed is firm and I like firm beds.
Location is good and safe, 15 min walk to Kennedy park, 15 min walk to Central Restaurant (ranked No.50 on World's Best Restaurant List). I would stay here again if I go back to Lima in the future.
If the ventilation in the bathroom can be improved that'd be great so that the bathroom won't get all the condensed water on the floor and on the wall after hot shower.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nowhere
TierraViva01, Director General at Tierra Viva Miraflores Larco, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Dear Nowhere,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comment and for having stayed at Tierra Viva.

Once again, thank you, and we hope to have the opportunity of serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

This is a relatively new hotel in Miraflores. It's a great location (about 5 minutes walk from Parque Kennedy or Larcomar and the ocean). Friendly, helpful staff. Clean. My bathroom was smaller than the photos on Trip Advisor but who spends that much time in there? The bed was good with nice crisp sheets. Functional furniture. Wifi and cable tv. Moderately priced so good deal for people wanting a midrange place. There's a bike rental shop beside the hotel and Miraflores is a great place to ride a bike, especially on a Sunday.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank mkl68

Dear mkl68,

Thank you so much for your excellent comment and for sharing your experience at Tierra Viva with the rest of travelers.

Once again, thank you, and we hope to have you again at any Tierra Viva Hotel, either in Puno, Cusco, Arequipa or Lima.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

I arrived at 1am and was warmly welcomed by hotel staff. All of the staff I had contact with were wonderful - all receptionists, the night porter and breakfast staff.

My room was modern and very clean. I'm not sure if it's common here, but where I am from (Australia) the room will always have a small fridge so you can have drinks etc but the room didn't have one. I stayed two nights so wasn't really a problem but would be handy.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank jman657

Dear jman657,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comment and for sharing your experience at Tierra Viva with the rest of travelers.

Regarding the fridge you have mentioned in you comment, we do have those in all Tierra Viva Hotels. Yet, only on Superior Rooms and Suites.