“Impressed”

Ranked #60 of 226 Hotels in Lima
San Francisco, CA USA
“Impressed”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The hotel is about a year old. It is very modern, comfortable, and the staff were very helpful and friendly. The rooms and the common area are very well maintained, clean and smelled fresh.

I stayed here only one night of a 4 day trip to Lima, but I wish I would have stayed here for my entire visit.

The beds are large, with crisp, high thread count sheets. The bathroom is large, and the shower has great water pressure. The towels were thick and plentiful. The staff were friendly and helpful. There is a doorman and always someone to help with luggage should you need it.

It is located in a quiet area, adjacent to a large park and several restaurants nearby.

The airport transfer was reasonable by US standards at $29 for a 40 minute ride, but I paid only $20 in-bound to a hotel in Miraflores (which is further).

This hotel will be my choice for my next visit to Lima.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Gerencia Aku Ho... L, Gerente at Aku Hotels, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the review,for choosing us and giving us the opportunity to serve you during your stay in Lima.
We are pleased to know that you enjoyed our attentive and personalized service as well as our rooms and the location of our hotel.
We will be very happy to have you in Aku hotels in your next visit to Lima.

Best Regards.

Liry Marrugo
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Bariloche, Argentina
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Let´s start right away with the reason why I only rate it "average": the receptionist who was almost all the time on duty was a complete and inexperienced disaster. Even the simplest questions from our side were responded with a blank look and a "I will check that in the system". And I do mean simple questions like: "Where can we find a place to wash our clothes and a pharmacy"! It´s worse, when she finally found something in the system (really), she couldn´t point us on the map she printed where the hotel was! I mean, after 2 days even I could show it on the map, how can a receptionist not know?? And any hotel should have little maps for their guests on the front desk, ready to take with them.

I´m sure she was new, but I also stated very clearly when we made the reservation that we are travel agents, looking for new places in Lima for our clients. If you know this beforehand, shouldn´t you make sure there is a capable receptionist on duty? As I said in the title, it could have been a "excellent" review without any doubt.

Ok, let´s try to look beyond this bad first experience and continue with the review. The room was nice, quiet, ample and very clean. Bathroom maybe a little small if you´re a regular business traveler and/or used to staying in 4 stars hotels, but it did the job without any problem. Beds were comfortable, BUT... Housekeeping (who did an excellent job on cleaning) should follow a course how to make a bed. They tuck in the sheets SO tightly, that when you try to take them out to get into the bed, you´ll end up taking out everything, even the undersheets and mattress cover and you end up making your own bed every night.

Breakfast was tasty, very good and diverse and quick service of the people working there. Ah, and their coffee machine is from heaven! I want one in my office! And while we´re at it, please do try their menu at least once (room service), we ended up eating in our room 4 times, it was so delicious.

In short: will I reccommend the place to tourists? Yes, if they take care of their front desk team. Will I use the hotel for clients of my travel agency? Not sure yet (still a few hotels to try out in Lima).

Pros: Rooms, breakfast (coffee machine), lunch/dinner options, spotlessly clean
Cons: Reception, which is very important and took away 2 stars of the rating

As you hopefully can see, we were happy with the hotel, but the receptionists ruined almost everything for the excellent rating. I might be a bit picky, but it´s my job and my wife has almost 10 years of experience in a "Leading Hotel of the World" so we do see every little detail. Of course we take into account that we were not staying in a 5 star hotel, but I hope our keen eye will serve the readers, as well as the management of the hotel.

Room Tip: The twin rooms are a bit bigger than the double ones.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tipica_Travel
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comment.

We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed our services during your stay and we have taken note of your suggestions in order to improve our front desk services.

We will be happy to welcome you again in Aku hotels Lima to show our improvements.

Best regards,

Liry Marrugo.
Lima, Peru
Reviewed 1 October 2013

First trip to Lima in June and stayed at the AKU Hotel. I was impressed with the personalized service and hospitality. Found my room always clean and with fresh sheets. Location is great, walking distance from el Olivar (a beautiful park), restaurants, shopping mall and an archaeological site such as Huaca Pucllana.
Highly recommend this hotel for its service and very convenient location.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Gerencia Aku Ho... L, Gerente at Aku Hotels, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear guest,

Dear Guest,

We are glad to know that you enjoyed our attentive and personalized service as well as our rooms and the location of our hotel.
Comments like yours motivate us to keep our commitment to our visitors and always provide an outstanding service.

We appreciate your recommendation to other travelers, thank you!

Regards.