“Birthday in the desert!”
Review of Sand Board

Sand Board
Ranked #10 of 141 Outdoor Activities in Lima
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Birthday in the desert!”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Went on this unplanned adventure to celebrate 2 of my friend's birthdays and Rafo made our experience so personable and memorable. He was a tour guide who became a friend in a matter of minutes. He is a great teacher and I'll always be grateful to him for teaching us with patience. I had never snowbarded before and thanks to Rafo I now know the techniques and can't wait to go snowboarding since I live in NYC. Rafo, who was a stranger to 3 of us and had never met him before surprised both my friends with a cake at the end of the sandboarding day. My friends are fortunate to have had the opportunity to cut a cake in the desert of Peru thanks to Rafo. He is amazing. I highly recommend this adventure to everyone. I can't wait to go back. :) The beautiful picture was captured by Rafo.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Nishma06

New York City, New York
“Best Activity in Peru”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

My experience going Sandboarding with Rafael was incredible! Even though it was just me in the lesson, he picked me up right on time and brought me to the best dunes of the San Bartolo desert. The terrain was very difficult for driving but Rafael handled it with ease. His vast experience made me feel very safe.

Although I already knew how to snowboard pretty well, this was a completely different challenge. With nothing for miles besides sand, it felt like I was on top of the world.

Rafael took many photos/videos for me and told me all about the peaceful lifestyle he lives. I would recommend this experience to anyone!

Visited January 2014
Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the Greatest Experiences Ever”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

The greatest time to spend one of your days in Lima! Lots of fun, emotions and good mood! Rafo knows what he is doing and is greatly taking care of you. Even you haven't done sand boarding before - you will and will enjoy it. It's a must to do!

Strongly recommend

Nick from Montreal

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Nick G
RafoMotta, Director General at Sand Board, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
was fun, we did the tour on my first car, picked them up in a car, and then switched to the truck, thanks for the time you shared with me, Nicholas and Tatiana were incredible.
Beitostolen, Norway
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Sandboarding with friends”
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

It really felt like we where taken care of and that you where sandboarding among friends we where 3 people from Norway and we loved It

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Agneta A
RafoMotta, Director General at Sand Board, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
It was one of our first trips and we also had an incredible time with you guys. Thanks for remembering us and we hope to see you again soon. Greetings from the desert, Lima, Perú.