“Great time in the desert”

Sandride Sandboarding
Ranked #6 of 150 Outdoor Activities in Lima
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: half day sandboarding in Lima, utv tour, quads, off roading desert tours, & more. the best tour in Lima
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Rafo was such a great guide. This morning trek was so much more than sand boarding. Rafo took me in his 4x4 on quite a crazy ride through the sand dunes off the coast. The sand mountain was quite steep, but you'll be impressed with how quickly you catch on thanks to Rafo's great teaching skills. I'd recommended going on the evening trip. If you're an adrenaline junkie, this one is for you.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I met Rafo almost a year ago when i was looking for a solution when my trip to Ica fell in the water. We wanted go sandboarding but didn´t had time to go all the way to Ica. So started looking at google and found ´sandride sandboarding Lima´. Me and my friend booked a tour with him. I never stood on a board before and was pretty nervous. Rafo was super kind when we arrived and was very helpfull setting us up with a board and boots. We took a drive to the dunes. Falling more times on my bottom than i imagined was possible. But we were having fun. He explained the techniques really well and by the end i could stand on a board. I felt really save and at the end i went down the hill having a blast. I would go again any time.... and so i did, on the 24th of March it was my last day of vacation, said that my family was living i was not in the best mood, but once i stood on that board i was having the best last day of my trip. My brother and his wife alo had never stood on a board before. But Rafo explained what they should do and wauw they were going down the dune as if they had done it a 1000 times. I would take everyone who comes to visit me in Lima to go sandboarding with me. Rafo is the best instructor, he is very supportive and makes it the best experience!!

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Went on this unplanned adventure to celebrate 2 of my friend's birthdays and Rafo made our experience so personable and memorable. He was a tour guide who became a friend in a matter of minutes. He is a great teacher and I'll always be grateful to him for teaching us with patience. I had never snowbarded before and thanks to Rafo I now know the techniques and can't wait to go snowboarding since I live in NYC. Rafo, who was a stranger to 3 of us and had never met him before surprised both my friends with a cake at the end of the sandboarding day. My friends are fortunate to have had the opportunity to cut a cake in the desert of Peru thanks to Rafo. He is amazing. I highly recommend this adventure to everyone. I can't wait to go back. :) The beautiful picture was captured by Rafo.

1  Thank Nishma06
Reviewed 23 January 2014

My experience going Sandboarding with Rafael was incredible! Even though it was just me in the lesson, he picked me up right on time and brought me to the best dunes of the San Bartolo desert. The terrain was very difficult for driving but Rafael handled it with ease. His vast experience made me feel very safe.

Although I already knew how to snowboard pretty well, this was a completely different challenge. With nothing for miles besides sand, it felt like I was on top of the world.

Rafael took many photos/videos for me and told me all about the peaceful lifestyle he lives. I would recommend this experience to anyone!

Reviewed 22 September 2013

The greatest time to spend one of your days in Lima! Lots of fun, emotions and good mood! Rafo knows what he is doing and is greatly taking care of you. Even you haven't done sand boarding before - you will and will enjoy it. It's a must to do!

Strongly recommend

Nick from Montreal

1  Thank Nick G
RafoMotta, Director General at Sandride Sandboarding, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

was fun, we did the tour on my first car, picked them up in a car, and then switched to the truck, thanks for the time you shared with me, Nicholas and Tatiana were incredible.