Los Incas Lima Hotel
US$69
  • Restaurant
US$290
US$247
All reviewsbusiness triphotel spagated communitybubble bathfree shuttlenice business hotelrooms are excellentexcellent hotelroom servicerain showerhotel is locatedhuge bathroomresidential areastay there againtaxi servicenice roombed was comfortable
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I have stayed in this hotel, primarily because of its proximity to my company's office, on several occasions over the past year. If I had been writing this review 1 year ago it would have been a 2 star rating. 6 months ago it would have been 3 stars and now 4 stars is about right.
The hotel is by no means perfect, but big improvements have been made, albeit very slowly and as I write this review from the hotel, the seemingly never ending renovations are still ongoing.
However, as with previous reviews, it seems as though most of the rooms have been upgraded and the result is excellent. Most rooms are of a suite style with open plan lounge areas, big comfortable beds and pristine bedding. The best bit is the bathrooms which will generally have one or more of rainfall showers, free standing baths, jacuzzi or sauna. They are impeccably clean and only add to already fantastic rooms.
The food in the hotel is of a high standard, especially the restaurant dinner menu. Breakfasts are ok as is the bar.
The service can be a bit hit and miss, but the breakfast staff are generally very attentive and accommodating.
Another big plus is the hotel car service. Very affordable - about one third of the Marriott rip off prices - and the drivers are really helpful and friendly. The laundry service is also quick and very affordable.
The location of he hotel is a bit remote and the name of the hotel is a bit misleading. It is not on a Golf Course, but is fairly close to a Golf course, which can be seen from most bedrooms. The Spa is also fairly basic by international standards.
In summary it seems as though the renovations, which have spoiled the stay of other guests, are almost complete and the result is a decent hotel with excellent rooms, great food and reasonable service. Well worth considering if you need to be in this part of the city or want a more affordable option than the big international chain hotels.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank John L
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

Phantastic room, very modern and well decorated, probably the most beautiful I've ever stayed at. The services are also very good, provided by extremely polite and gentle employees. I'd love staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Ludmila M
Reviewed 23 August 2013

The good: The actual rooms are humongous, sparkling clean, nicely decorated. It has all of the comforts a 5 star hotel should have. It seems that they recently remodeled all the rooms because everything looks very new, modern and sophisticated. The bathroom was as big as the bedroom area, very spacious and appealing. At least my room was (room 703). Each room has plugs for 220V and 110V electronics.
The service was excellent as well as the food at the hotel. Everyone was very polite and professional. The hotel is located in an upscale residential area.

The few negatives: Since it is located in a residential area, there is really nothing to do around that would be walking distance (no places to eat, have a drink or just not to be inside the hotel). If I wasn't there on business, I would have probably chosen to stay somewhere more centrally located.
The gym and spa are accross the hotel's inner outdoor patio on the 7th floor. The only negative about having stayed on the 7th floor is that the doors to go from the hotel to the pool and gym areas were always opened and it got quite cold (I went during their winter)

If you are coming on business and either will be renting a car or been picked up, then this is your place. It is a great hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I’m writing this while staying at the hotel. When I checked into the hotel in the evening a couple of days ago, they said it would be noise because of the remodeling. I travel often and stayed at a hotel under remodeling before. However, I did not think I would literally be in the middle of the construction at this hotel!!! Continuously hammering and drilling from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm yesterday– the noise was so loud and close and I felt like drilling myself. I was working in the room all day long and I started having a headache and feeling nauseous around noon. I was trying so hard not to call to the front desk because I did not want to be an obnoxious guest. Finally I asked one of the managers came to my room at 4:45 pm since I felt like someone’s drilling into my head. I asked if she could stay in that room or put her family in that room and her answer was NO. Then, they should NOT have put any guest in that room or on that floor. I asked other room with less noise but no response back until this morning. I’m now sitting at a coffee shop to work escaping from the hotel. I have to stay at the hotel 3 more days and don’t know how longer I can stand this….

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
8  Thank SunnyHouston
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I stayed here in July, in the middle of Lima's Winter. Low temps were in the 40s, but i noticed the thermostat in the room wasn't working. So I called the desk, and they sent up a space heater! This kept the are right by my bed warm, but it's a large (and nice, I admit) room, so the rest of it was freezing. Plus the electricity only works if you keep your key in, so everytime I left the room got even colder again.

Beyond that, the hotel is on a somewhat noisy street, not by far the noisiest in Lima, but noisy enough. Even though I was on the 15th floor, I heard dogs barking, police sirens, etc., practically like I was sitting outside. The hotel just renovated my room, but obviously didn't invest at all in noiseproof windows.

Tip: Pardo's Chicken, which has excellent grilled chicken, is just a few blocks away. it's too hazardous to walk due to missing sidewalks and crazy Peruvian drivers, but they will deliver, look up the number before you go, and you can skip at least one meal at the expensive (for Lima) hotel restaurant).

Room Tip: If there are any rooms not facing Cerros de Camocho, ask for one of them, it will be quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business