“Director”

Basadre Suites Boutique Hotel
Ranked #133 of 230 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed 21 February 2011

Friendly, eager to please staff. Incredible cheviche!!

In the safest area in Lima (San Isidro), hotel is former residence - Mini-mansion - though feels private.

Lacking in 4-star Business travelers amenities found in more expensive hotels. Though, all travelers who are seeking safe, quiet, non "cookie cutter: American style hotels will enjoy it here.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 February 2011

Good location, close of some good restaurants, banks and in a nice calm mixed (residential/comercial) area. Staff is friendly. Breakfast is good. Rooms are pretty basic. At first, I stayed in a room in the back of the hotel which I think is not used very often. They should improve the cleanliness of that room. The curtains could not be closed completely, since it is aside a stair. So, some morning light will necessarily enter in the room. They could and should fix it. If you plan or need to sleep some more hours, ask for another room.
The main negative point is that in the rooms located in the back of the hotel (like that one where I stayed at first and the other where my colleague slept) the wireless internet simply does not work. We arrived by Tuesday morning and complained about it. The girls at the front desk promised a quick solution but until Thursday night the situation was the same and we had to stay at the lobby with our laptops on our legs to access the web. I asked to change the room and they told me that the hotel was full. Then I asked for a discount, because when I made my reservation the hotel informed that they provide wireless access to the web. After it, in few minutes, suddendly, an available room "appear" and I changed for it. In that new room the curtains were ok and the internet also.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 December 2010

We stayed here for one night at the start of our trip in Peru. Considering the price paid for this hotel there are other options available. We ended up staying in a different (and in our opinion, much better) hotel in Miraflores during our last night in Peru for almost half the price.

The frontdesk was helpful in getting us some dinner as well as organizing our airport transfer and flight to Cusco. The next morning the breakfast was started late and we rushed through breakfast to catch our airport transfer in time.

All in all, a decent hotel with helpful service, but we found better and more affordable options.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2010

I'm taking this opportunity to share my experience in Peru and my stay in this beautiful place and also to take advantage of the holidays and stay in this" warm and charming hotel", which makes you feel " like home" not only that you are" recognized by their staff" . But that's not all ! prices are suitable for the ocasion,the owners are aware of any need that you present by guiding you , wich is reflected in their employees " great service". Also I love where it is located because will take me and is near the best restaurants and entertainments in Lima. I will come back !!!

• Stayed: January 2010
Reviewed 14 December 2010

My husband and I booked into this hotel for 3 nights and didn't find it to be anything special at all. It is a safe hotel in a safe area but a very residential part of San Isidro with no shops or restaurants/cafes within walking distance. Our room had seen better days - it was quite tatty and old and smelt strongly of insect spray. I decided not to swim in the pool due to a layer of visible scum. It was very quiet though so we slept very well. The buffet breakfast in the morning was one of the better we have had in South America. The dinner we had one evening was OK for an OK price. I think there are probably better places to stay in Lima.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2010

Clean, comfortable, great location, wonderful breakfast. Pretty much all of my requirements. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2010

I have been several times in Lima both for work and pleasure. Lima is a city that causes a "first impact" on foreigners: either they love it or dislike it, due tu the difficulty of understanding the city. Mainly this is because of the difficulty access to non turist areas and knowing where to go. It is of main importance to stay at a NICE location. Basadre suits is not only located in this area, but in a ONDERFUL part of San Isidro.
I went with my couple, Swedish business man, first time for him in South America. It was essential for me to choose the right place and Basadre Suits is! He could go out and have his so needed walks surrounded by gardens and quiet streets, with no comercial and hectic people, yet very near to them. Location is perfect. Atmosphere is Delicious. Good personalised service helped us with restaurants and other activities. Simple and charming. Good service for its price value.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple