“Peace !”

Ranked #130 of 228 Hotels in Lima
Arequipa, Peru
“Peace !”
Reviewed 23 February 2011

Excellent. I liked them quiet and good location, excellent Service and atention.
I will use Basadre Suites forever.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Sao Jose Dos Campos, SP
Reviewed 22 February 2011

Located in a nice neighborhood, the hotel offers a nice place to stay, calm, clean, where they treat you very special, like a visitor house, not a hotel at all.
You can visit Lima for work, but still relax close to the swimming pool using your laptop, having a nice breakfast or with a drink... And for those who loves sports, one can also go out walking or running at nice surrounding area (Camino Real walk and Golf Club).
They always treat me very kind, and help me to have always the best stay with affordable price.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 21 February 2011

Friendly, eager to please staff. Incredible cheviche!!

In the safest area in Lima (San Isidro), hotel is former residence - Mini-mansion - though feels private.

Lacking in 4-star Business travelers amenities found in more expensive hotels. Though, all travelers who are seeking safe, quiet, non "cookie cutter: American style hotels will enjoy it here.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Brasília
Reviewed 17 February 2011

Good location, close of some good restaurants, banks and in a nice calm mixed (residential/comercial) area. Staff is friendly. Breakfast is good. Rooms are pretty basic. At first, I stayed in a room in the back of the hotel which I think is not used very often. They should improve the cleanliness of that room. The curtains could not be closed completely, since it is aside a stair. So, some morning light will necessarily enter in the room. They could and should fix it. If you plan or need to sleep some more hours, ask for another room.
The main negative point is that in the rooms located in the back of the hotel (like that one where I stayed at first and the other where my colleague slept) the wireless internet simply does not work. We arrived by Tuesday morning and complained about it. The girls at the front desk promised a quick solution but until Thursday night the situation was the same and we had to stay at the lobby with our laptops on our legs to access the web. I asked to change the room and they told me that the hotel was full. Then I asked for a discount, because when I made my reservation the hotel informed that they provide wireless access to the web. After it, in few minutes, suddendly, an available room "appear" and I changed for it. In that new room the curtains were ok and the internet also.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 29 December 2010

We stayed here for one night at the start of our trip in Peru. Considering the price paid for this hotel there are other options available. We ended up staying in a different (and in our opinion, much better) hotel in Miraflores during our last night in Peru for almost half the price.

The frontdesk was helpful in getting us some dinner as well as organizing our airport transfer and flight to Cusco. The next morning the breakfast was started late and we rushed through breakfast to catch our airport transfer in time.

All in all, a decent hotel with helpful service, but we found better and more affordable options.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 18 December 2010

I'm taking this opportunity to share my experience in Peru and my stay in this beautiful place and also to take advantage of the holidays and stay in this" warm and charming hotel", which makes you feel " like home" not only that you are" recognized by their staff" . But that's not all ! prices are suitable for the ocasion,the owners are aware of any need that you present by guiding you , wich is reflected in their employees " great service". Also I love where it is located because will take me and is near the best restaurants and entertainments in Lima. I will come back !!!

• Stayed January 2010
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2010

My husband and I booked into this hotel for 3 nights and didn't find it to be anything special at all. It is a safe hotel in a safe area but a very residential part of San Isidro with no shops or restaurants/cafes within walking distance. Our room had seen better days - it was quite tatty and old and smelt strongly of insect spray. I decided not to swim in the pool due to a layer of visible scum. It was very quiet though so we slept very well. The buffet breakfast in the morning was one of the better we have had in South America. The dinner we had one evening was OK for an OK price. I think there are probably better places to stay in Lima.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple