“What a Wonderful Experience”
Review of Hotel Esperanza

Hotel Esperanza
Ranked #188 of 224 Hotels in Lima
Vancouver
“What a Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed 28 December 2009

I just came back from Peru. What a wonderful experience! I want to thank and praise the whole staff of Esperanza Hotel, especially Max. I felt safe and secure in this hotel. It is situated two blocks from the main street. Everything is near and at hand, shops supermarket, beach, KFC, McDonalds, Chinese restaurants etc. Breakfast was included with excellent coffee and incredible orange juice! I could buy everything I need from that supermarket and the kitchen was open 24 hours a day with a fridge, stove and microwave. I had no problems to store and prepare my food anytime of the day or night. My room was very comfortable and warm. Thank you Max for guiding my tours and for the 24 hour security!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank AvatarVancouver

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Belgrade
Reviewed 27 December 2009

We were a few days in August in Lima and accidentally chosen to reserve this hotel. We didn't made a mistake, we chose the right thing. The hotel is in an excellent location with good connections between old and new parts of Lima, but the biggest jewel of the hotel is Max who is the miracle. First day he made an excellent excursion outside Lima. Max can do whatever you want.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 16 December 2009

My wife and I hopped on a plane to Peru and only had our first night planned (Hotel Esperanza). We decided we were gonna head down the coast to Huacacina, but wanted our cusco trip taken care of. Prior to leaving Lima, we asked Max if he could hook up an itenerary for Cusco for when we got back from Huacacina. 5 days later we arrived back in Lima, and met up with Max. He had everything from our plane tickets to guided tours booked. Our time in cusco was seamless and the trip was planned perfectly.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Calgary
Reviewed 16 November 2009

When I came to LIma, I was looking for a long term accomodation. My first stay was in Hotel Esperanza. This hotel was clean, friendly and provided me with helpful advice for making my stay in Lima much more secure and comfortable. This hotel has a great location in the heart of MIraflores with many restaurants, bars and cafes within walking distance.

In the hotel I was lucky to meet Max (the owner) because I was looking for an apartment in Miraflores and he was able to provide me with a furnished apartment just a few blocks away from the hotel. He will try to help you with the type of traveling experience you are looking for.

If you are thinking of coming to Lima, Peru Hotel Esperanza is the perfect choice for your convenience and your budget. Great value!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank Traveling_Wilkster
Fargo, ND
Reviewed 13 November 2009

We stayed at Hotel Esperanza for 2 nights. The rooms aren't huge, but they were clean with plenty of hot water. Good service, they gave us a good map of the area and the breakfast wasn't too fancy, but got the job done. Only a couple blocks off from the central park and not too far from the ocean. I would recommend it.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Oxfordshire
Reviewed 3 November 2009

We stayed at this hotel twice during our visit to Peru. On the first occasion it was a quick (almost) 1 night stop on before going straight off to Cusco next morning. As arranged by email with Max we had a car waiting at the airport for us and he arranged one back next day. The 1st room was OK. The walls are bare brick but bedding and towels are clean. The room was quiet. On the 2nd occasion - a two night stop - we had a bigger room. Again a car was waiting for us at the airpport. Max and his staff were thoroughly helpful throughout.
The Hotel is a short walk to restaurants (eg Pizza Alley in Miraflores) and Larcomar. Many micros and taxis go virtually directly to the centre from Calle Larco just a such walk away.
Certainly some bits look like they could do with a bit of a refit but it's clean, convenient and secure.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OxonBadger
San Jose, CA
Reviewed 11 October 2009

Central and safe location Miraflores. Free basic breakfast (bread, tea/coffee/juice), two computers in the lobby with free but slow internet (very useful), small TV in room. Somewhat dark and the rooms have thin walls, but it was perfect for a very basic & secure place to stay. Max is super helpful and a great resource.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple