“Excellent location and service”
Review of Hotel Esperanza

Hotel Esperanza
Ranked #196 of 228 Hotels in Lima
London, Ontario
“Excellent location and service”
Reviewed 1 February 2010

After reading the reviews on TripAdvisor, I contacted Hotel Esperanza and Max to see if I could get some help with coordinating an excursion to Paracas, Nazca and Ica as well as making reservations for the hotel. I am happy to say that everything went off without a hitch, especially considering that there were people in our party flying in and out of Lima on different dates. Each time, someone was at the airport to meet them. I am very familiar with the realities of the tourist infrastructure in Peru, having lived there for 10 years, and I was impressed with how smoothly everything went. The 3-day Paracas, Nazca, Ica trip was good value for the money.
As for the location of Hotel Esperanza, I thought it was perfect. It's near the sights in Miraflores and the street is fairly quiet (except on Saturday night). It's also very close to the handicraft market.
The hotel is a little dated but everything was very clean and I didn't find the room noisy at all (despite being at the front). Breakfast with fresh-squeezed orange juice was nice (included in room rate).
Max was a great help and very nice to deal with.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
San Diego, CA
Reviewed 18 January 2010

It all started back on October 2009 when I had a plan to visit Peru for the Christmas + New Year holiday. My limited time in doing research and planning my visit has been holding my back in making this decision.
But things change after I found out from this website that Max can help making up an itinerary. And after about twenty emails back and forth, we came out with a final itinerary. 2 weeks after that I flew to Lima to see my trip planner and do my trip as planned...

I love it alot.
In just 17 days, I visit alot of places: Lima, Ica (Huacachina Oasis), Nazca, Arequipa, Puno (lake Titicaca), Cusco, and I did the 5 days treks. I am thinking, if I did that by my own, I might have spent more than just 17 days...
That is the reason I love to plan ahead. And thanks Max for that.

About the hotel, I don't really have alot to complain.
However, it would be very helpful if more staffs know how to speak english...
Other than that, everything is just fine.

Overall, I would say Peru is a great country to visit and Max can make everything happens...

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
Munich
Reviewed 12 January 2010

This hotel is certainly ok for a night but its design with bare brick walls and hallways has the charms of a Manchester slum suburb. Rooms have ageing carpets, safety box didn´t work, bedside lamp didn´t work and so on. Staff was very friendly though and the hotel was clean and in a good location, a safe area only a short walk from the center of Miraflores. Free WiFi.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
Vancouver
Reviewed 28 December 2009

I just came back from Peru. What a wonderful experience! I want to thank and praise the whole staff of Esperanza Hotel, especially Max. I felt safe and secure in this hotel. It is situated two blocks from the main street. Everything is near and at hand, shops supermarket, beach, KFC, McDonalds, Chinese restaurants etc. Breakfast was included with excellent coffee and incredible orange juice! I could buy everything I need from that supermarket and the kitchen was open 24 hours a day with a fridge, stove and microwave. I had no problems to store and prepare my food anytime of the day or night. My room was very comfortable and warm. Thank you Max for guiding my tours and for the 24 hour security!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank AvatarVancouver
Belgrade
Reviewed 27 December 2009

We were a few days in August in Lima and accidentally chosen to reserve this hotel. We didn't made a mistake, we chose the right thing. The hotel is in an excellent location with good connections between old and new parts of Lima, but the biggest jewel of the hotel is Max who is the miracle. First day he made an excellent excursion outside Lima. Max can do whatever you want.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 16 December 2009

My wife and I hopped on a plane to Peru and only had our first night planned (Hotel Esperanza). We decided we were gonna head down the coast to Huacacina, but wanted our cusco trip taken care of. Prior to leaving Lima, we asked Max if he could hook up an itenerary for Cusco for when we got back from Huacacina. 5 days later we arrived back in Lima, and met up with Max. He had everything from our plane tickets to guided tours booked. Our time in cusco was seamless and the trip was planned perfectly.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Calgary
Reviewed 16 November 2009

When I came to LIma, I was looking for a long term accomodation. My first stay was in Hotel Esperanza. This hotel was clean, friendly and provided me with helpful advice for making my stay in Lima much more secure and comfortable. This hotel has a great location in the heart of MIraflores with many restaurants, bars and cafes within walking distance.

In the hotel I was lucky to meet Max (the owner) because I was looking for an apartment in Miraflores and he was able to provide me with a furnished apartment just a few blocks away from the hotel. He will try to help you with the type of traveling experience you are looking for.

If you are thinking of coming to Lima, Peru Hotel Esperanza is the perfect choice for your convenience and your budget. Great value!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo