Hotel Esperanza
US$290
US$247
Hotels.com
US$167
All reviewsquiet side streetfew blockskennedy parkwi fiflightperumiraflorespickupjammidnight
Reviewed 10 March 2010

My husband and me stayed at Hotel Esperanza for 5 nights in January. We really enjoyed our stay because all the staff was very friendly and helpful.

We found the accommodations nice and comfortable. We had a big room with nice colonial style furniture. Also the bed was very comfortable after coming from Cusco and making a 4 days trek. The shower had plenty hot water and TV Cable had several movie channels.

The location of this Hotel is excelent, because it`s located only a few meters from Central Park of Miraflores (Kennedy`s Park). We allways felt safe in this hotel and if we will come back to Lima, we already know where to go. We recomend this hotel to other travellers. Good Luck.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2010

After reading the reviews on TripAdvisor, I contacted Hotel Esperanza and Max to see if I could get some help with coordinating an excursion to Paracas, Nazca and Ica as well as making reservations for the hotel. I am happy to say that everything went off without a hitch, especially considering that there were people in our party flying in and out of Lima on different dates. Each time, someone was at the airport to meet them. I am very familiar with the realities of the tourist infrastructure in Peru, having lived there for 10 years, and I was impressed with how smoothly everything went. The 3-day Paracas, Nazca, Ica trip was good value for the money.
As for the location of Hotel Esperanza, I thought it was perfect. It's near the sights in Miraflores and the street is fairly quiet (except on Saturday night). It's also very close to the handicraft market.
The hotel is a little dated but everything was very clean and I didn't find the room noisy at all (despite being at the front). Breakfast with fresh-squeezed orange juice was nice (included in room rate).
Max was a great help and very nice to deal with.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2010

It all started back on October 2009 when I had a plan to visit Peru for the Christmas + New Year holiday. My limited time in doing research and planning my visit has been holding my back in making this decision.
But things change after I found out from this website that Max can help making up an itinerary. And after about twenty emails back and forth, we came out with a final itinerary. 2 weeks after that I flew to Lima to see my trip planner and do my trip as planned...

I love it alot.
In just 17 days, I visit alot of places: Lima, Ica (Huacachina Oasis), Nazca, Arequipa, Puno (lake Titicaca), Cusco, and I did the 5 days treks. I am thinking, if I did that by my own, I might have spent more than just 17 days...
That is the reason I love to plan ahead. And thanks Max for that.

About the hotel, I don't really have alot to complain.
However, it would be very helpful if more staffs know how to speak english...
Other than that, everything is just fine.

Overall, I would say Peru is a great country to visit and Max can make everything happens...

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 January 2010

This hotel is certainly ok for a night but its design with bare brick walls and hallways has the charms of a Manchester slum suburb. Rooms have ageing carpets, safety box didn´t work, bedside lamp didn´t work and so on. Staff was very friendly though and the hotel was clean and in a good location, a safe area only a short walk from the center of Miraflores. Free WiFi.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 December 2009

I just came back from Peru. What a wonderful experience! I want to thank and praise the whole staff of Esperanza Hotel, especially Max. I felt safe and secure in this hotel. It is situated two blocks from the main street. Everything is near and at hand, shops supermarket, beach, KFC, McDonalds, Chinese restaurants etc. Breakfast was included with excellent coffee and incredible orange juice! I could buy everything I need from that supermarket and the kitchen was open 24 hours a day with a fridge, stove and microwave. I had no problems to store and prepare my food anytime of the day or night. My room was very comfortable and warm. Thank you Max for guiding my tours and for the 24 hour security!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo