“Nice location but average rooms and value for money”
Review of Hotel Esperanza

Hotel Esperanza
Ranked #201 of 236 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed 24 April 2010

It is located on a street just off Parque Kennedy by the same name as the hostel, in Miraflores. You can use the place as somewhere you want to crash after sightseeing for the whole day.

You cannot spend any daytime here, because the hostel is quite cramped. The rooms have space enough only for the beds they have. And the bathrooms barely fit 1 person. The breakfast is very basic, just bread and eggs.

If you're looking for a good option at Miraflores, try Flying Dog instead.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 23 April 2010

I stayed at Hotel Esperanza for 4 nights. At first glance, I was not very impressed, but the place grew on me. Also, I had to remind myself of the price, which was great. I was very pleased with the simple but filling breakfast and the cafe itself, and the very friendly staff. Per other reviews in Trip Advisor, Max was indeed most helpful and courteous. We found delicous food, a park, fun bars, and even nightclubs, all within a few blocks' walk. The rooms facing the street can be noisy, and be sure you ask for a fan if the days are hot. The rooms and bathrooms, while small, were clean. The free wireless was a big help. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 April 2010

Hotel Esperanza is a simply & elegant hotel; a 3-star hotel with 5-star service.
Max is a top gent whom offered alot; he did help arrange transport, etc..
Max has a brilliant knowledge of what the area has to offer for various age groups with regard to entertainment, dining, etc.
A bonus is that he could arrange various trips and tours.
This hotel is top of my list for accommodation in LIMA.
BRILLIANT!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2010

My husband and me stayed at Hotel Esperanza for 5 nights in January. We really enjoyed our stay because all the staff was very friendly and helpful.

We found the accommodations nice and comfortable. We had a big room with nice colonial style furniture. Also the bed was very comfortable after coming from Cusco and making a 4 days trek. The shower had plenty hot water and TV Cable had several movie channels.

The location of this Hotel is excelent, because it`s located only a few meters from Central Park of Miraflores (Kennedy`s Park). We allways felt safe in this hotel and if we will come back to Lima, we already know where to go. We recomend this hotel to other travellers. Good Luck.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2010

After reading the reviews on TripAdvisor, I contacted Hotel Esperanza and Max to see if I could get some help with coordinating an excursion to Paracas, Nazca and Ica as well as making reservations for the hotel. I am happy to say that everything went off without a hitch, especially considering that there were people in our party flying in and out of Lima on different dates. Each time, someone was at the airport to meet them. I am very familiar with the realities of the tourist infrastructure in Peru, having lived there for 10 years, and I was impressed with how smoothly everything went. The 3-day Paracas, Nazca, Ica trip was good value for the money.
As for the location of Hotel Esperanza, I thought it was perfect. It's near the sights in Miraflores and the street is fairly quiet (except on Saturday night). It's also very close to the handicraft market.
The hotel is a little dated but everything was very clean and I didn't find the room noisy at all (despite being at the front). Breakfast with fresh-squeezed orange juice was nice (included in room rate).
Max was a great help and very nice to deal with.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2010

It all started back on October 2009 when I had a plan to visit Peru for the Christmas + New Year holiday. My limited time in doing research and planning my visit has been holding my back in making this decision.
But things change after I found out from this website that Max can help making up an itinerary. And after about twenty emails back and forth, we came out with a final itinerary. 2 weeks after that I flew to Lima to see my trip planner and do my trip as planned...

I love it alot.
In just 17 days, I visit alot of places: Lima, Ica (Huacachina Oasis), Nazca, Arequipa, Puno (lake Titicaca), Cusco, and I did the 5 days treks. I am thinking, if I did that by my own, I might have spent more than just 17 days...
That is the reason I love to plan ahead. And thanks Max for that.

About the hotel, I don't really have alot to complain.
However, it would be very helpful if more staffs know how to speak english...
Other than that, everything is just fine.

Overall, I would say Peru is a great country to visit and Max can make everything happens...

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 January 2010

This hotel is certainly ok for a night but its design with bare brick walls and hallways has the charms of a Manchester slum suburb. Rooms have ageing carpets, safety box didn´t work, bedside lamp didn´t work and so on. Staff was very friendly though and the hotel was clean and in a good location, a safe area only a short walk from the center of Miraflores. Free WiFi.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo