“A bit grimy and noisy - good tour desk though.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Ariosto

Hotel Ariosto
Ranked #142 of 228 Hotels in Lima
Perth, Australia
“A bit grimy and noisy - good tour desk though.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2011

I only stayed here one night, but I was very disappointed with this hotel as it had been recommended to me. I arrived late at night, and my room lock was not the best and elevator scared me so much I took the stairs every other time! The room was quite worn but I guess it was reasonably clean.

I normally sleep quite well but I hardly got a wink of sleep that night, noises from outside, including a poor man going through the bins below my room at 3am.

Breakfast was adequate but not as good as I had heard it would be.

Staff were quite helpful, although I didn't call on their services much. The transfers and tours arranged were of a very good quality though - the most redeeming feature of this hotel.

All in all a disappointing stay, but who knows, I may have just had a bad room on a bad night, as I had heard good things about this hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Czech first
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2009

A noisy hotel with poor service.
Tone was set when free pick up from the airport to the hotel turned out to include a one and half hour wait at the airport while the driver - who told us he would be one minute - left us sitting in the car while he collected another guest at arrivals.
Given we were only in Lima for one night this took quite a chunk out of the day. Although an apology would have smoothed things over this was not forthcoming.

Room was a good size, clean and comfy but windows were thin and lots of noise from outside.
A request for a room service resulted in no service at all.
As others have mentioned breakfast was generous and varied but appeared to be comprised of left overs from last nights dinner. Roast pork and apple pie???
Decent location in Miraflores but would never return to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2009
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2009

I stayed in ariosto hotel 2 nights. The room was good and really clean and the shower had nice hot running water. The service was excellent and they have wireless so that was a bonus. breakfast good and food at dinner time really good as well.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2009

Worn furnishings and general feeling of constantly fighting grime and age (vague antiseptic smell). On the good side, plenty of hot water and the internet was fine. Good price for Miraflores but there are much better hotels nearby for not much more money.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
Budapest
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2009

Stayed at the Ariosto for a few days while in Lima. Would not have stayed there by myself. The man at the front desk was not very helpful and a bit indigent - like he could really care less. The other folks were friendly however. Their advertisement for 'to and from' the airport is - from the Airport and then they'll help you reserve a cab back. Which was fine - not expensive - however the one they booked did not show up - so they flagged one off the street. The rooms reminded me of a 1940s decore with the polyester bed covers - Yuk - and even tho we ask for one bed the man at the front gave us twins -he could have cared less - we had to go back down and ask again for a "good room" which then he sent us to the 6th floor - these are the 'good rooms'. Two twins pushed together! Ha.. Anyway, I was just not too impressed for the price. Also the lighting was not good on the street - tho there were police everywhere. Never had any issue and did feel safe everywhere we went. So I think Peru is doing a good job in keeping tourist safe. After all I read about how dangerous it was we were a bit unsure of even to go or not. However, not so. We enjoyed the entire trip and not once felt threatened. This hotel is on the 'shopping street'. But, it is shopping for silver mostly and towards the end are the tourist markets. so it was handy location wise - however - not very many eateries close by.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Budaside

Travellers are raving about these Lima hotels

Lauderhill, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2009

Very nice hotel. Pick up at the airport is very valuable, especially when you arrive late at night. The staff is very friendly , Englosh spoken . Not an advantange in my case
because my mother language is Spanish. The rooms are somewhat "antique" but
they are comfortable and clean. The restaurant offers very good Peruvian and Internatio-
nal food. The breakfat is superb! They also prepare a tasteful "pisco sour" you can enjoy
at the hotel's lounge. The only disadvantage is that he little regrigerators in the rooms are empty. You should ask room service for beverages if you are thirsty or buy them by
yourself in the sourrindings. The neighborhood is one of the best in Lima (Miraflores)
and there are plenty attractions, restaurants, pubs, cafeterias and shops very close.
A very nice experience for me and my fellow travelers.
Hildemaro Montejo
Coral Springs
Florida

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
Washington, DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2008

I stayed at Ariosto for business for 10 days in November. I gotta say I understand the mixed review of the hotel. Some reviewers said the furniture is old, I agree, but it's clean. Most reviewers said great breakfast, and that's very true! I stayed at this hotel for ten days at room 607. it's a suite, it has a small sitting room, a small fridge, but no microwave. The first impression was...it's not great, and I don't quite like it. However, all the other better hotels are all booked and it's a hassle to change hotels so I stayed. And on the second and third day, I started to like the hotel. It has a great breakfast, and the front desk managers are very friendly and helpful. It has a quirky atmosphere too. The restaurant in the hotel serves great food. I find this hotel really really clean and it has a good shower too. There's a nice supermarket 2 minute walk from the hotel so it's super convenient. It's a 10-15 minute walk to Lacomar, a very big and nice shopping mall by the ocean. By the time I was getting ready to leave, I found I missed this hotel already!! All in all, a good stay.

• Liked — breakfast, location, clean
  • Disliked — old furniture
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)