“Perfect place to stay good quality and personal treatment”
Review of Hotel Ariosto

Hotel Ariosto
Ranked #150 of 232 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed 5 November 2009

I stayed in ariosto hotel 2 nights. The room was good and really clean and the shower had nice hot running water. The service was excellent and they have wireless so that was a bonus. breakfast good and food at dinner time really good as well.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business

Reviewed 25 September 2009

Worn furnishings and general feeling of constantly fighting grime and age (vague antiseptic smell). On the good side, plenty of hot water and the internet was fine. Good price for Miraflores but there are much better hotels nearby for not much more money.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 April 2009

Stayed at the Ariosto for a few days while in Lima. Would not have stayed there by myself. The man at the front desk was not very helpful and a bit indigent - like he could really care less. The other folks were friendly however. Their advertisement for 'to and from' the airport is - from the Airport and then they'll help you reserve a cab back. Which was fine - not expensive - however the one they booked did not show up - so they flagged one off the street. The rooms reminded me of a 1940s decore with the polyester bed covers - Yuk - and even tho we ask for one bed the man at the front gave us twins -he could have cared less - we had to go back down and ask again for a "good room" which then he sent us to the 6th floor - these are the 'good rooms'. Two twins pushed together! Ha.. Anyway, I was just not too impressed for the price. Also the lighting was not good on the street - tho there were police everywhere. Never had any issue and did feel safe everywhere we went. So I think Peru is doing a good job in keeping tourist safe. After all I read about how dangerous it was we were a bit unsure of even to go or not. However, not so. We enjoyed the entire trip and not once felt threatened. This hotel is on the 'shopping street'. But, it is shopping for silver mostly and towards the end are the tourist markets. so it was handy location wise - however - not very many eateries close by.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Budaside
Reviewed 23 February 2009

Very nice hotel. Pick up at the airport is very valuable, especially when you arrive late at night. The staff is very friendly , Englosh spoken . Not an advantange in my case
because my mother language is Spanish. The rooms are somewhat "antique" but
they are comfortable and clean. The restaurant offers very good Peruvian and Internatio-
nal food. The breakfat is superb! They also prepare a tasteful "pisco sour" you can enjoy
at the hotel's lounge. The only disadvantage is that he little regrigerators in the rooms are empty. You should ask room service for beverages if you are thirsty or buy them by
yourself in the sourrindings. The neighborhood is one of the best in Lima (Miraflores)
and there are plenty attractions, restaurants, pubs, cafeterias and shops very close.
A very nice experience for me and my fellow travelers.
Hildemaro Montejo
Coral Springs
Florida

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 December 2008

I stayed at Ariosto for business for 10 days in November. I gotta say I understand the mixed review of the hotel. Some reviewers said the furniture is old, I agree, but it's clean. Most reviewers said great breakfast, and that's very true! I stayed at this hotel for ten days at room 607. it's a suite, it has a small sitting room, a small fridge, but no microwave. The first impression was...it's not great, and I don't quite like it. However, all the other better hotels are all booked and it's a hassle to change hotels so I stayed. And on the second and third day, I started to like the hotel. It has a great breakfast, and the front desk managers are very friendly and helpful. It has a quirky atmosphere too. The restaurant in the hotel serves great food. I find this hotel really really clean and it has a good shower too. There's a nice supermarket 2 minute walk from the hotel so it's super convenient. It's a 10-15 minute walk to Lacomar, a very big and nice shopping mall by the ocean. By the time I was getting ready to leave, I found I missed this hotel already!! All in all, a good stay.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 20 December 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Ariosto twice during our trip to Peru in January 2007. The staff was helpful and the rooms were clean. The rooms were basic (bed, tv, bathroom, closet, ac) but adequate. It is in a great location, walking distance to many shops and resturants. The in-house resturant was good too. Breakfast offered a wide and varied selection. The taxis that the hotel works with were very friendly. I used one an entire afternoon and Jesus (the driver) took me all over, making sure that I was left undestrubed in the areas where there are pickpocketer and beggars.

Free airport transportation was great since we had an early morning flight to Cuzco (and at the time the airport hotel in Lima wasn't finished).

I will caveat my review by saying that our requirements for a hotel in a foreign country are that 1) it has to be clean, 2) it has to have an in-suite bathroom and 3) noise has to be minimal. If it meets those requirements, it is a good hotel in our books. I would put the rooms on par with a Days Inn in the U.S.. The services offered in the hotel bring it up to a nicer hotel.

I would definately stay here again.

Stayed: January 2007
Reviewed 12 December 2007

I stayed here for about a week while doing research in Lima; Miraflores was an excellent base (easy bus ride, as long as you have your nerves, or by taxi), and the Hotel Ariosto was a friendly, comfortable, hospitable and economical place to stay (particularly for a single 30-something female traveler). Quite good Peruvian dinners (although there are plenty of other choices in the area), outstanding breakfast buffet, and an interesting vibe, which is what drew me there in the first place -- it seems to be the #1 choice for professional visitors, from basketball teams to writers & jazz musicians. Which always makes for interesting conversations. And the staff speaks excellent English. Rooms were large if a little spartan, and while internet access was available, it seems to be more available in some rooms than in others -- it took quite a bit of wrangling for them to give me a cable. Free shuttles to and from the airport are another plus, and the hotel has arrangements with trustworthy taxis for trips around the area.

• Stayed: May 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank trilceana