“Perfect, except...”

Ranked #22 of 228 Hotels in Lima
buenos aires argentina
“Perfect, except...”
Reviewed 14 October 2011

Actually, there is no except. Since this is a new hotel, everything worked perfectly and was nice and clean. The staff, the breakfast and the room were all fine. The woman at the desk arranged for a taxi to take me to the airport. The driver spoke excellent English, which was nice for fairly long drive..

Room Tip: My room was fairly large and had a king sized bed. I saw other rooms that were being cleaned and loo...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank XchocolateX
ViajeroWLimaPeru, Propietario at Girasoles Hotel, responded to this review, 15 October 2011
We appreciate very much your comments, they motivates us to continue improving our service and the facilities of Girasoles Hotel, so our guests can have an excelent experience. The difference in the room size is because we have superior and standard rooms. Up to day, we don't have differentiated prices; we are finishig to implement the superior rooms.
Best regards,
Willy Valdettaro

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 3 September 2011

Pros:
- In miraflores, quiet part
- Decent price
- Good wifi
- Good breakfast
- Okay room

Cons
- shower only
- 10 min walk to downtown miraflores, 30min to Larco Mar (this can be a pro or a con)

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank jcb193
New York City, New York
Reviewed 14 June 2011

We had a stop over at Lime for one night on our way to Cuzco and stayed one night at this hotel. It is very small, but the staff are friendly and very clean. The room was clean, but its not Four Seasons. I always stay at 5 star hotels, and believe this one is rated 4 ... but not on my scale. Even thou everything was clean, I would not be able to stay there more than one night. Location however is good, it is safe neighborhood, walking distance to the shore, restaurants, and shops. Also there is a casino very near by.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank marinanyfedd
ViajeroWLimaPeru, Propietario at Girasoles Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2011
Girasoles Hotel appreciates your comments in TripAdvisor. Girasoles Hotel is ranked 3 stars by Peru`s Tourism Department, but like you, all of our guests receive a personalized service, clean and modern rooms and additional facilities equivalent to a superior 3 star hotel.

You and your friends will always be welcomed at Girasoles Hotel, a small hotel with a great service.
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2011

About 45 mins from airport. Decent breakfast, plus they did us a quick start brekky at 2am when we had to go and catch the bus to Paracas. Free internet, plenty hot water, tv, hairdryer and towels. If you are a light sleeper you may need ear plugs as open and airy and marble can echo. Didn't stay long only a day and night.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank vjb56
Arkansas
Reviewed 20 August 2010

Nice, modern hotel in Miraflores. Breakfast was good. Rooms are small with shower, flat screen TV, and mini fridge. Noisy with street noise and interior noise. Ceramic tile floors and hard surfaces throughout the hotel create great acustics for slamming doors, talking in lobby and in central stair case. Bring earplugs. Evidently popular with group tours.

• Stayed August 2010
3 Thank JoeTraveler999
Washington, DC
Reviewed 26 June 2010

Watch your possessions at the Girasoles Hotel in Lima. This hotel may be cheaper than some, but I would not stay here. I inadvertently left my rings on the night table and went out for a few hours. The rings were gone when I returned. I blame myself and a severe case of jet lag for not realizing I had left my rings, but I am still amazed and disgusted that someone was so aware of my whereabouts while I was out of my room for such a short period of time. The people at the front desk were more concerned with defending their employees than with helping me. The manager roused himself enough to promise a full investigation and assured me he would be in touch with me. He has not contacted me. Stay here at your own peril, and leave your valuables at home. You’ll more than make up for the discount rates in what they steal.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank SallySueX2
ViajeroWLimaPeru, Propietario at Girasoles Hotel, responded to this review, 23 August 2010
With great concern we have read the complaints made. We are very sorry for the loss of her ring and are concerned with her statement blaming our hotel for it.

Our guests arrived very early, 6:00 am. and as a courtesy to them we offered an early check- in and buffet breakfast while they waited for the room to be ready, 9:30 am. (check in time 2:00 pm). After this time nobody entered the room, for it was already clean and ready for them. They went all day out and arrived at night. at 9:30 p.m. and asked the receptionist about the ring, the receptionist immediately asked the cleaning personnel and they answered that for no season the cleaning personnel enters a room until the next morning to clean it as stated in our internal policies, which are strictly kept. For this reason we are unable to know about the belongings left in the rooms by our guests. A search was done, but the ring was not found.

The next morning they claimed again before checking-out and this was reported to the manager, but again she was told that our cleaning personnel is strictly forbidden to enter any room after the guest checks- in. At this time the ring was looked for again in the room with no luck.

We reported this incident to the local travel agency, concerned about the loss but they had no notice about it, we are still in contact with them in order to clarify this problem.

We will like to state that our guests and their welfare are very important to us and any problem is taken care immediately. We are very careful in hiring trustworthy employees, who work for us for years in order to guarantee an excellent service to our guest.
Washington Dullles
Reviewed 4 June 2010

I stayed at the Girasoles for 4 nights in late May, 2010. Avoid room #304. Just noisy. the traffic below at Avenida Ernesto Diez Canseco starts early in the morning and will wake you up. The room had a faint locker room smell to it, but it was clean otherwise. Bathroom had very hot water and LCD TV had English language cable channels. There's a safe box in the closed which I didn't use. There was a small refrigerator in the room. There was free Wii Fii to connect to the 'net. Location is in Miraflores, about 10 minutes walk to Parque Kennedy.

The staff were cool, I didn't have any major problems. I would stay there again, if I ever returned to Lima.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo