“Highly recommended!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 226 Hotels in Lima
Palm Beach, Florida
“Highly recommended!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

The difference is in the details. From the moment you step into Hotel Los Girasoles, you feel right at home. This hotel is family owned and operated, the staff is courteous, and the service was outstanding in all areas. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and my room on the first floor, had a lovely private inside patio. The Sawa Cafe inside Los Girasoles, provides breakfast, buffet or a la Carte, and are also open for lunch/dinner. The hotel is centraly located in a safe area, within walking distance to restaurants and shops. From this hotel, you can access a variety of tours and can easily walk to the "Metro" station, avoid trafic, and be in the center of Lima in 20 minutes. I highly recommend Los Girasoles and would definitely stay again on my future trips to Peru. Enjoy!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeannette S
ViajeroWLimaPeru, Gerente at Girasoles Hotel, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Thanks for your positive comments, they help us continue to improve our service.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

We stayed here because it was the beginning point for a trip we were on. We decided to stay a further 2 nights after the trip to explore Lima. Hotel is situated in Miraflores, a lovely area and quite safe to walk around. Service was great and excellent rooms. The restaurant was also good, but the first night we were there, the kitchen was closed and no-one could explain why. Since we had just been on a long flight, we weren't keen to venture out, so would have appreciated a meal inhouse. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Bronx, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

This hotel is clean, not too fancy and very safe. I could say this about a lot of hotels in Lima, but the difference is made with the attentive service you will receive here from every employee. Noisy??? Hahahaha!!! Try to find a hotel anywhere in Lima that is NOT noisy. I am currently staying in an apartment I rented in Lima and the reason I am awake at 1:45am writing this review is because Lima is the noisiest place I have ever been to... and I live in New York. Do yourself a favor... stay at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

Stayed here as part of an organised tour. My first room was a larger one and had 2 twin beds, the second room was smaller and had a double bed. Both rooms were clean, with comfortable beds and good pillows. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful and I was able to store extra luggage for a couple of weeks.

Breakfast was good and the one lunch I had in the restaurant was also very nice.

Whilst in a good location I stayed at another hotel in Lima for some extra nights and its location was more central to Miraflores. I was also disturbed by noise from other guests, both from thin walls and due to the layout of the hotel with its central atrium.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ETbrisvegas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

Good hotel, we spent our first and last night on Peru at this hotel. Good value, friendly staff and reasonably well located in the miraflores district of Lima. Close to restaurants and the main tourist area of larcomar

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank PaulyH60
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

My husband,some friends and myself stayed at this hotel as part of a Continental Getaway package. We were happy with our rooms - clean and comfortable. I appreciated the laminate flooring in the bedroom ( I hate rugs ). There was a decent buffet breakfast that we enjoyed. We had a very early plane to catch one morning and the staff arranged for coffee and toast at 3:15 in the morning. The coffee made the early hour a little more bearable.
A very efficient women at the front desk went out of her way to sort out a problem that we had with the next leg of our tour (nothing to do with the Los Girasoles). She got right back to us with all the correct info. It's this kind of quick service done with a smile that eleviated our concerns.
The market was close by. Although I didn't visit it, the other 4 members travelling with my hisband and I enjoyed the experience. My husband and I had a long walk to the ocean and walked along enjoying the scenery and the people who were our and about.. On our walk we also visited the mall built into the side of the hill - an interesting mall with some high end stores.
A light dinner was enjoyed by my travelling companions and myself back at the hotel. It did the trick after a long day of sight seeing.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank 2ontheroadToronto
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

My wife and I recently stayed here for two nights and we enjoyed the location but not much else. The rooms were very basic. Our first room smelt really bad and smelled like a chain smoker lived in there so we requested another room. Our second room was fine except there was lots of long hairs on the floor. One other complaint... On our first night we quickly awoke at 3 A.M. as one of the staff members was trying to get into our room. He had a key and had opened our door but could not get in as we had the chain lock on the door. Needless to say we did not sleep very well the rest of the night. We complained to the staff about this but they did not give us a good answer on what this staff member was doing. We spoke to the staff in proper spanish yet they were still not very friendly compared to other hotels we have stayed at in Peru.

On the positive side-
1) My wife and I enjoy walking and found this to be in an enjoyable location that was easy to get around to the sites and we felt 100% walking around the local áreas.

2) The breakfast was pretty good and was included with the stay.

All in all I would stay here again due to the location and the fare of the room.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank mvkicker
ViajeroWLimaPeru, Gerente at Girasoles Hotel, responded to this review, 4 May 2013
We apologize for the problems occurred during your stay. We evaluated the incident and observed the errors occurred. We believe that we have been able to do it much better, as you can see in the positive comments in TripAdvisor about the experiences of our guests. We would appreciate if you contact us to the mail comercial@losgirasoleshotel.com, so we can express directly our apologies and compensate you in a possible way.