Hotel Monte Real
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
US$65
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 October 2009

I spent 3 nights at the Monte Real and felt very comfortable there. The room was clean, spacious and very quiet, facing the little garden. There was a rich variety to choose from for breakfast, but I also had dinner there which was excellent! I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful and the patio is a perfect place to spend a summer evening. Cozy bar as well. I found the location very accommodating with the centre of Miraflores, the Larcomar shopping centre and big supermarkets within easy walking distance.

• Stayed: June 2009
1  Thank Medusa8
Reviewed 19 September 2009

I spent one night in Hotel Monte Real. The staff was nice and the rooms were very basic- nothing fancy. We asked for one queen and we got two twin beds instead, a small TV and a safe. The room did not have a heater and it was quite chilly at night. The breakfast is basic- eggs, toast, tea or coffee. However, its walking distance (15 min) from the beach and the main park where all the restaurants are at. We also had a nice view of Miraflores. All in all, I would recommend if you are just stopping by for one day, but not for a long stay in Lima.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2009

We stayed at this hotel through our travel agent-Explore. We were stolen from. The safety box was locked so the over helpful bell boy unlocked it. When we were out in the day we were stolen from that safety box. Manager denied it so did all other staff but police said they thought they knew who did it but wouldn't sign the police report because they couldn't prove it! Nightmare and $700 dollars down and made to feel folish by the poice. Avoid hotel like the plague! Rest of Peru great though.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Viva81
Reviewed 22 July 2009

Staff were very unaccommodating. Basically we got put there with only a couple of days notice when the pre-booked hotel cancelled because of some meeting of Pacific Rim leaders. So you would have thought the Monte Real would have taken advantage of the opportunity to demonstrate to the tour company that it was the place to stay. Unfortunately for them they were not able to deliver a good memory product. There is a restaurant connected to the hotel but prices were extravagant.
Out Tour was leaving at the ungodly hour of 4 AM and the hotel could not make arrangements for a breakfast for a group of 15 people. Instead they handed out stale sandwiches. But they made sure they had staff on hand to collect for phone calls and such.

• Stayed: November 2008
Reviewed 27 March 2009

I am a seasoned traveler and this hotel is one of the worst I have ever stayed at and I have stayed at hotels for less than $5.00 dollars a night. VERY noisy, the rooms are filthy, there were food reminants all over the bed spread, I pulled the covers back to expose hairs and fluids on the sheets, I could not get the hotel staff top respond to teh possibility of changing rooms so needless to say I ran.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple