“Second Stay - I will go a 3rd time!!”

Casa Bella Boutique Hotel
Ranked #37 of 333 Lima B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stayed here back in 2009, and again this past year, and it was just as amazing as I remembered it!
The first time we stayed in a triple room on the ground floor with a private bathroom, and this time I stayed in a single room with a private bathroom on the 3rd floor. Both were amazing.

My room this time was impeccably clean, quiet, and roomy! I had a big bed, a nice tv, and a huge closet for my luggage! The bathroom had a nice shower, good water pressure, hot water. Little toiletries and clean towels.

There are computers with internet access in a couple of places throughout the place, which is nice.

There are comfy common areas, with lots of books to read if you want, or just to relax.

The grounds are safe, with locked gates all the way around, and buzzer/intercoms to get in.

There is a nice backyard area with a covered outdoor seating/eating area if you want.

The included breakfast is delicious, cereals, yogurts, breads, jams, teas, coffee, juices, and you can ask for eggs any style etc. They are very accomodating.

The area is also fantastic, safe. I walked down to some local food places, there are a few nice grocery stores within walking distance if you feel like eating low key, or making yourself something in the kitchen on the top floor of Casa Bella. I also walked around and made myself a manicure/pedicure appointment and treated myself to nice end of trip spa treatment. I went for a walk just to explore in the evening and felt completely safe in this area.

Also, they can arrange tours for you and transportation back and forth to the airport. Both times I went I had Luis pick me up/take me to the airport and I also had Luis take me on a few different tours. He is fantastic.

I love this place so much, it feels like a home away from home. I am actually going back this March for a 3rd stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank JennFromTO

Reviewed 9 August 2013

We liked staying at Casa Bella. The design was well cured, the staff was very, very friendly. Breakfast was very good and abundant. The rooms were spacious and well decorated. However, electricity went out in the morning and the staff did not do anything to fix it for hours. Same for hot water. The first person taking a shower got it, and then we run out of hot water. The staff did not what to do about it and we took cold shower.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank emoretti
Reviewed 6 August 2013

My wife and I stayed there in April 2011 for a few days and I stayed there on my own also at the end of April.

The rooms are very nice in general. The ones down stairs are definitely not as nice as the ones upstairs. The breakfast is excellent with a good variety of food, fruits and juices which are almost all fresh. The staff are extremely friendly and I liked the home type athmosphere. There is an outside garden where one can have breakfast and it is nice.

We found that the prices were a little bit high considering that it is Lima even if it is in San Isidro. The area does not have anything close by so it is not a very central location. It is safe to walk around both by day and night.

The collection service to and from the airport are excellent and overall I liked staying there. My wife would have preferred to have stayed in a more central location.

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rahenyman
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We arrived at the airport very late and there was a driver waiting for us and took us to the hotel. The check in was quick and easy. The layout of the building is a little bit confusing but is interesting and the room was quiet and not facing the street. There are a few places to eat and shop close by, but beyond that you will need to get a taxi. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was very nice and although it was small, there was plenty and it was a nice place to see other travelers in the morning. The room itself was plain but there were no problems, there were plenty of blankets. I really have no complaints about the hotel, the price was right and its not exactly near anything special, but it does seem safer and quieter than other places.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stevencbyers
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My husband and I stayed at Casa Bella after a week spent in the Cuzco / Sacred Valley region of Peru. The location is secure and in a safe area - we walked to the grocery store, walked to Starbucks, etc at all hours of the day and evening with no concerns. The staff at Casa Bella is very friendly, they were happy to help us out with anything that we needed, and the majority of the staff spoke English so there were no communication problems. They made us breakfast in the mornings with all sorts of tasty fresh squeezed juices, and they didn't mind our occasional late night deliveries of Norky's. Transportation to and from the airport was great as well.

Overall, this is an older building, and yes the buildings are all very close together and sometimes it is noisy in the evenings, but those are all standard qualities of Lima, not just this B&B. Our expectations were to stay in a clean room with a nice staff, and that is exactly what happened. I felt like we got what we paid for and we had very few complaints about our entire trip.

After reading some other reviews, I'm not clear on the problem with exchange rates and fees? I always make sure to check with hotels in advance regarding these types of issues so that I know what to expect and can have enough cash (in either dollars or whatever the local currency is) if that is the easiest and cheapest form of payment. Any issues that other guests are having with this sound pretty avoidable with a little advance preparation....

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KMartCO
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I am the owner of an adventure travel company in the USA and I organize trips to Peru for groups from the USA and Europe. I have used Casa Bella Hotel in San Isidro for a number of years now. All my groups really enjoy staying here because of the quiet ambiance and the comfort of the rooms. The hotel staff is always very professional and fast in responding to e-mails as well as helping with any of your needs.
I would highly recommend Hotel Casa Bella for a short stay or a longer stay in Lima.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brad J
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I went back to Lima a couple of weeks ago for business. As usual, I stayed at Casa Bella. The staff are all extremely accommodating and friendly. During my check-in they explained that if I pay with credit card there will be a 6% charge....I payed with cash. My room was well kept and cleaned daily. Breakfast was good and tasty but if you miss your Starbucks coffee there is one around the corner! I would recommend this BB to anyone!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business