“best service ever!”

Ranked #32 of 313 Lima B&B and Inns
Toronto
“best service ever!”
Reviewed 20 October 2009

Recently returned from Lima, Peru, from a 3 night stay at Casa Bella. The service at this hotel is phenomenal and it made our trip 100% easier and more fun. The hotel manager, Orlando is very attentive and caters to the guests' needs. We didn't have much planned upon our arrival and Casa Bella not only arranged for our private driver, Luis, from the airport but then helped us arrange private tours at only 10 dollars and hour, with Luis. Luis is an excellent driver and he can take you exactly where you want to go with a smile on his face. They arranged tours for us to do all 3 days that we were in Lima and are VERY grateful for their help. The room was very clean and the bathroom was spotless. The showers are new and clean. If you get a room on the first level, make sure you go up to the 2nd and 3rd level as the house is beautifully decorated. If you are lucky, you might also spot Jorge "Coco" around, who might give you a few tips for good restaurants and things to do. The staff speak very good English. The breakfast buffet included tea or coffee, milk, juices, bread, butter, jam and eggs. It is located in San Isidro in a safe and quiet neighbourhood. Taxis are easily accessible and very cheap to everywhere. Overall, I would highly recommend Casa Bella because the people make the entire difference. We had a wonderful stay and we are convinced that if we had not had the help of Casa Bella with sightseeing, our experience would have been different. Muchas Gracias Coco, Luis y Orlando!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 23 September 2009

My friend and I stayed at the Casa Bella for just one night this August and it was flawless. From the moment we checked in, the staff were great (they ordered pizza for us the night we arrived!) and the accommodations were perfect. The room we got was comfortable, large and very clean, and they had free internet for guests which was a nice change to what we're used to. The staff were extremely helpful answering any questions we had about the city. They truly made an unsure visit to Lima a memorable one and when we return we will definitely be staying there again. I'm a travel agent in Canada and I would definitely recommend this hotel to any of my clients.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
Miami
Reviewed 18 September 2009

I made this trip in order to relax and I found it at this hotel, customer service was great, since the moment I checked in until I checked out...the driver was very helpful and always on time to pick us up or to take us somewhere...housekeeping always able to help and very neat...breakfast was awsome...I really enjoyed my stay with Casablanca, I defenately recommend it if you are looking for relaxation and to have fun since the location is very convenient since it is close to everything...It was a pleasure to stay with you guys and I am looking foward to come back soon...

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
San Francisco
Reviewed 15 September 2009

My wife and I stayed there for 1 day on our way to Cuzco, and a couple of days on our return back to Lima. If service were the only rating to consider, I would say it's a 3.5 star. However, there are other factors that I had to consider to give it my average rating. The condition of this vintage-mansion converted to a b&b are very moderate. The interior is run-down and the decor is a bit outdated. We had to climb 3 floors by stairs to get to our room. The staircase is very narrow and inconvenient to climb. The matrimonial room was a very small room, sized for a comfortable queen size bed and a 19 in tv with cable hookup. The door locks need to be replaced I had to pull the door with force to open and close it. The water pressure and hot water are very scarce. It was mentioned that I needed to tell them so they could pump more water. However, I was already in the shower and did not have a chance to do so. The breakfast is very moderate, compared to all the other places we stayed around south america, this was the least amount of food offered, but it does fit the criteria for a continental breakfast. The pick up service is a great idea, and a really nice guy named Luiz will pick you up. The cost is 20 usd, which I think is too much. Especially since we took a street taxi on the way back and it costs less than 10 usd. They don't force it on you, in fact they cordially offer you both options, so that's just my opinion.
Lucy, Orlando, Susana and Jorge are a the biggest reason why I would recommend Casa Bella. Lima is not an easy city to navigate on your own, and they have excellent linguistic skills and go beyond the call of duty to assist you. I think its unique that they're all brother's and sisters and run the place together; it gives that family touch. The price is a bit high for the quality in my opinion, 65 usd per stay, but we there aren't too many options in that price range if you want a place with a little privacy in a good location (San Isidora).

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Casa-Bella, Owner at Casa Bella Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 18 September 2009
Juat wanted to mention to all our guests that part of the area where our friend stayed at was being remodeled so we had to take some of our decoration out.

In regards to the water pressure, our guest is correct, we failed to provide good pressure on one day he stayed with us, but it was an isolated issue, unfortunately some pipes were being fixed and we had our pressure run down. Our apologies once again to our friends from San Francisco.

Something we do not agree with our formal guest is the stairs issue. The stairs are "narrow" going from the second to a third level, but not from the first to the second. The stairs are big enough, carpeted and well constructed for our guests to go up with no issues, we have never had a complaint about our stairs, people can read other reviews and will never find anything about it.

In regards to our breakfast, we serve continental breakfast and extras, in case guests would like to have some more, there is an optional buffet breakfast. I personally travel to different places around the world and our continental breakfast includes more items than other places I have been.

The rates that we offer to our guests do not only go along with the facilities that we have and the comforts that we provide, but they also go along with the location, and that is something our friend has not taken into account. San Isidro is the most exclusive and safest neighborhood in Lima, it embodies the spirit of the classic Lima, that is why many intenational institutions, like embassies, consulates, ongs, prefer to have their offices in San Isidro, not to mention five star hotels and famous shops. Our rates are the lowest in San Isidro considering the loaction.

We want to thank our friends from San Francisco, from who we have great memories and we invite our trip advisor readers to find out more about our services and facilities.

Orlando Sanchez A.
Casa Bella owner
California
Reviewed 9 September 2009

We spent 13 nights at Casa Bella while my husband attended a conference.

The staff is very helpful, always available to give tourist advice, from restaurants to walks in the neighborhood (just a few blocks to some Incan ruins). The staff was always very responsive to needs and wishes of the guests. The rooms are clean, large, bright, comfortable beds, up to date bathroom, the hardwood floors are beautiful. The breakfast is simple and tasty (a basket of fresh bread, eggs cooked for you, tea, coffee, juice , or for an additional charge of $2 you can have fresh fruit, meat and cheese).

You have access to the top floor's dining area with it's kitchen, refrigerator, microwave, for the times you don't want to go out to a wonderful restaurant. There is also a backyard garden with table and shade.

The airport pickup worked well (even though our plane was late and it took forever to get through customs). The driver was there with our name on a sign, was a good driver.

I always felt safe, whether I was walking to the wonderful grocery store several blocks away by myself, or taking a taxi they had called for me. (Some of the Lima taxi stories are scary. Midway through my trip, I found Lima's best taxi driver, and she would take me to a museum, pick me up at an arranged time, and take me to my next adventure, while explaining to me in English all sorts of interesting things about her city. I became much more comfortable wandering around Lima).

They had free internet and two computers available. We used our laptop in our room.

We have recommended Casa Bella because we feel they will treat everyone as well as they treated us.

Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
bergen op zoom
Reviewed 31 August 2009

I spent 9 days in Casa Bella in august 2009 and I enjoyed very much the hospitality, the friendliness and the care of the people in this small hotel. I really felt welcome and cared for.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
Denver
Reviewed 29 August 2009

This was my second stay in Casa Bella and this time it was even much better than the first, the breakfast vas improved and the room that I got was much comfortable, it had a balcony facing the garden and the bed was outstanding, would recommend it to anyone traveling to Peru.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lima
San Isidro
Miraflores
Hotel Vila Santa
Hotel Vila Santa
#12 of 228 in Lima

Been to Casa Bella Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!