“Great, affordable Miraflores hotel”

Hotel Runcu Miraflores
Ranked #27 of 228 Hotels in Lima
Seattle, Washington
“Great, affordable Miraflores hotel”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Runcu for three nights in May. The staff is youthful, bright, and super helpful - I have never felt as well taken care of at any hotel, regardless of price. The staff all speak excellent English. The hotel is clean and well located, close to the boardwalk and within easy walking distance of Miraflores restaurants, Larcomar shopping center, and Mercado #1. The rooms facing the street have double pane windows to cut down noise from the street, and we slept quietly Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights. There did not appear to be any sources of noise in the neighborhood, so no surprises. Breakfast is nice, and the dining room is on the top floor - there is a nice balcony where you can sit at breakfast or for a beer later in the evening - Gonzalo is in charge up there and very helpful and pleasant. The hotel provides a useful map to orient you to the area.

I would definitely stay here again; the only observations are that I would probably ask for a heater and extra blanket as it was a bit chill in the room.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Hebrew first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Excellent boutique hotel in the heart of Miraflores. Friendly, professional staff; fluffy towels; free bottled water; airport pick-up; choice restaurants nearby, & penthouse cafe/bar overlooking the neighborhood. Great place to stay. Dan

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Tucson
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We stayed one night at the Hotel Runcu at the end of three weeks in South America and couldn't have been happier.

The hotel arranged airport pickup for us, $18.00/US with a colorful driver named Willy.

Our room, though not huge, was nicely appointed, modern with a comfortable bed. Breakfast in the morning was delicious as were the pisco sours at night! We didn't get a chance to eat at the hotel but have heard good things about the restaurant.

All in all, this was a delightful hotel, great staff and service and we'd definitely stay here again if in Lima.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 May 2013

There was nothing bad about this hotel.
Service was excellent, food was excellent and rooms were quiet and clean.
It is in a good location.
I would recommend this hotel for people staying in Miraflores

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
HotelRuncuMiraflores, Director de Recepción at Hotel Runcu Miraflores, responded to this review, 23 May 2013
Thank you for your good comments, this is the best reward for our work.
USA
Reviewed 14 May 2013

This hotel is located within a couple blocks of the ocean. The view is breathtaking, although to get to the water is many, many stairs. The neighborhood of Mira Flores is pristine, as is the hotel. The rooms may be a little small for some people's taste, but they are beautifully appointed and very clean. The staff was wonderful, answering all our questions. We took a city tour and a tour of the Inca ruins, "Pachacamac", which the staff booked for us. The breakfast was delightful with many choices. We especailly got a kick out of the little flags with our names on them, to denote where to sit. They will arrange pick up from the airport for only $18USD. It's a beautiful and safe neighborhood and we would reccommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
HotelRuncuMiraflores, Director de Recepción at Hotel Runcu Miraflores, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Your opinion is important for us. Thank you for let us know about the great experience that you had in our country and our hotel.
Orange, California
Reviewed 9 May 2013

My recent stay at the Runcu Hotel in Miraflores of Lima, Peru was incredible. I truly have never experienced a hotel with such excellent and caring service from ALL of the employees. I had to mention a couple of problems during my 11 night stay at the front desk, a loose toilet seat that had huge amount of play from loose bolts and a sink tap in bathroom sink that would gradually work itself back on and run water when left turned off. I couldn't believe it, they had someone nearly follow me upstairs to my 7th floor room and fix it on the spot by changing all the bolts to toilet seat, and then went for a new faucet and totally replaced the faucet that would start running.
I liked to have my room cleaned while I went for breakfast on 8th floor and desk told me to call them and they sent maid up to clean it immediately so my room was ready on my return. Hotel gave me a pick-up with a driver they did business with named Willy on arrival at 12:30am from Dallas. Probably about 1:00 to 1:30 and he was there waiting with a big sign with my name.
Front desk guy was extremely accomodating on my request for a late check out. My flight with American Airlines to Dallas didn't depart till 1:30am. It was so nice of them to accomodate the very late check out when they found out they had the availability.

Room was very clean. I liked the very modern furnishings and design of the room. The free internet was appreciated. (I was just reading how a guest at Beverly Hills Four Seasons was furious at paying $695 per night and then they wanted to add a huge high fee on that to use internet, same as my experience with Marriott Hotel in SLC, Utah.
The location of the room was greet at one blook from the coastal green belt overlooking the ocean lined with attractive well kept parks/plazas. It was about 5 soles for taxi ride to Larcomar shopping and eating mall with cinemas. Similar costs to Kennedy park with economical double decker city tours with Mirabus about 60-70 soles depending on tour.
I would exchange my money at the money changers about a 15 minute walk down Pardo street across from the Vivanda supermarket.
The only thing that slightly annoyed me was the fact that Booking.com had quoted me including taxes $803 USD for my stay. If I tried to pay in USD cash it would have cost $867 USD. Paying in soles it cost me the $803 USD. It would have been a little more than the $803 if I would have used my Credit Card due to the international exchange fees that CC companies add to debit or credit card transactions.

Overall it was one of the most pleasant stays I've enjoyed in my travels. It is only a 3 star hotel but their attitude and service far exceeded the 4-5 stays I've had in some countries. I am a frequent international traveler and have been Platinum level with American and Gold with Delta for many years, and having visited about 52 countries. This hotel couldn't have done much more to try to make me happy. Loved the 2 free bottles of water daily. They also have free use of computers on internet in a room off the lobby if you choose not to carry a laptop.
Nice to have free in-room safe with programmable combinations.

I also recommend the restaurant on the 8th floor. The custom breakfasts were very attractively served and freshly prepared for your arrival time (but they wait for your arrival to cook the eggs). I ate dinner there and really enjoyed the Peruvian cuisine. The Lomo Saltado was delicious and better than had at some restaurants in other areas of Lima. The manager has lived in USA and very experienced and speaks English or Spanish to your liking.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 703 and liked the view of the ocean off through the high rise apartment buildings a...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank huaso
HotelRuncuMiraflores, Director de Recepción at Hotel Runcu Miraflores, responded to this review, 12 May 2013
Thank you for the time you take in let us know about your opinion. Every detail you mention is more than important for us as a team and for our service.
Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 May 2013

My friend and I stayed at Hotel Runcu for four nights at the end of April 2013. The staff (specifically Evelyn) was very helpful prior to our visit by arranging a taxi at the airport, sending us tour information, and even advising us on a good place for us to go for exercising in the mornings. When we arrived to the hotel (very tired) we were greeted by a friendly staff with excellent English. The front desk made reservations for us, called cabs, and were very knowledgeable about museums, attractions, nightlife and restaurants. In the mornings, we experienced great service at the restaurant. One employee in particular drew a map for us of the best places to see and where to have a cab to drop us off in order to maximize our time in Lima. The room itself was bright and clean, and we were extremely pleased with the location. It was safe and near the coastline. We were very happy with the entire staff, the room, the restaurant, and the location! Evelyn and the many other staff members we encountered were all so pleasant and helpful. We definitely enjoyed our Peruvian adventure even more thanks to them!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
HotelRuncuMiraflores, Director de Recepción at Hotel Runcu Miraflores, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
We are more than glad with your gentile review . Thank you for let us know that you receive and have a great service and a nice experience with us. For all the Runcu team is more than a pleasure to help and make your stay the most pleasant.