“Pleasant Surprise” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #50 of 226 Hotels in Lima
Bluffton, South Carolina
“Pleasant Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

After reading reviews I was concerned about staying at the hotel as part of a package from International Expeditions. No problems checking in, the room was clean. No build up in the corners of the bathroom or in the room itself. All surfaces were clean and dusted. Bedding was clean, no stains and good quality. Adequately furnished and pretty typical for an airport hotel. They want 8 nueve sols or about $2.90 to $3.00 US, a little less than what I've seen a lot of US hotels charge. The airport has it for $.50 to $1.00 less. Noise didn't seem to be an issue, however we were on the back side. Stayed in a hotel in near the Detroit airport, further away and it was noisier than the Del Sol. We met a friend from the trip in the bar and decided to eat in the bar vs going into the restaurant. The drinks and food were great. My wife had a small pizza and I had a shreaded BBQ chicken sandwich with a Peruvian hot sauce. We didn't try the breakfast in the morning. A very convenient location. There is an open air bridge on the second floor that goes over to the terminal which was very convenient and allowed us to avoid crossing the morning lines of traffic dropping people at the airport. The airport security is a little different in that you have to go back outside to enter the ticketing and baggage check in area. Not a problem but if you haven.t been to the airport before it is good to know. We were pleased with the hotel and for the short time we were there, found it more than adequate and would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TomG29909
Riad Z, General Manager at Wyndham Costa Del Sol Lima Airport, responded to this review, 9 January 2014

Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

After a late flight into Lima and knowing I was leaving for Ica the next day I decided to stay at the airport and get as good a nights sleep as possible.

Every staff member I encountered was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable, better than some other Ramadas I have stayed in around the world. I even noticed that I couldn't hear the cleaning staff when they were in the room next to me, which is something I've only experienced at a handful of luxury resorts.

My only complaint, and this isn't the hotels fault just a reality of my stay and probably many others, is the other guests. Because this is an airport hotel people are coming and going at all hours, unfortunately several groups on my floor were very inconsiderate of other guests by slamming doors, yelling down the hall to their companions and other general loudness. I would suggest trying to get a room away from the elevator to minimize the chance of this happening to you.

I would definitely stay here again though.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Christy D
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We are pleased we were able to provide you with an excellent stay. I sincerely hope you were able to rest properly despite the rowdy guests on your floor.

Irvine, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

We planned our Peruvian trip with one of the countries agency. They booked everything for us including hotels in every city we were planning to visit. The only problem we encountered was Ramada hotel in Lima. Travel agency kept on telling us that hotel was fully booked and had no rooms available. At some point I decided to check availability myself and to my surprise rooms were available on line. I informed our representative in Peru about this and got a surprising reply. I was told that hotel DID have rooms available, but didn't want to reserve them through the agencies because agencies were getting discounted price and hotel wanted clients to reserve room themselfs via internet and pay approximately $100 more per room. Since I had no choice I had to book 2 rooms and pay $160 more than a price quoted by the agency.

When we were staying at the hotel I complained to a manager who promised to look into it. 2 month later....NOTHING. I opened a case with Ramada after my return....NOTHING.

What they do is extortion and in my opinion is fraud.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Riad Z, Director General at Wyndham Costa Del Sol Lima Airport, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay during your visit to Lima. The Sales Strategy used around the world in the Hospitality Industry is called Revenue Management. It basically means that the closer you get to a sell out, the lesser you have discounted segments (government, travel agencies, corporate, ecommerce...) available for sale. Then only the rack rate (highest) is open for sale. This is what happened in your case. It is pretty much the same to airline traveling. Sometime the passenger next to you has paid a much higher or much lower rate than yours depending on when and how full was the plane at the time of purchase.

I am sorry if this caused you any discomfort and I trust you nonetheless had an excellent stay with us.

Best regards,

Travellers are raving about these Lima hotels

Calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

The hotel is literally steps from the airport...walk right over. I was concerned that it would be noisy, but on the over all you do not hear much outside noise. Very clean. Nice breakfast included...if you want to go downtown, a taxi would be required, there are lots around but front desk can will also help.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank MAMB

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel on both ends of a trekking tour in Cusco and I have nothing bad to say about it. As mentioned in the other reviews the rooms are very clean and comfortable but not fancy. The convenience of this hotel and the service were fantastic. After arriving from South Africa, it was so nice not to have to deal with the hour long car ride into Lima. The hotel is busy but I found the service very efficient, friendly and accommodating. During my 24 hour wait for the rest of my party to arrive from the US, I was able to get a nice spa treatment, a workout in the gym and a very nice lunch. A huge compliment to the staff and service was when I left for Cusco I left a piece of luggage with work clothes and computer at the hotel for the duration of my trek since we were staying at the hotel on our return. There were no problems with this and my bag was kept very safe. As a plus, when we returned from Cusco and were waiting our flight back to the US our flight was 4 hours late. The rest of our tour group that were not staying at the Ramada ended up spending most of the night at the airport waiting for the flight. We tracked the flight online and were able to check in and return to the hotel to nap and shower and avoid spending the night at the airport!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Aroundtheworld03
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We are pleased to read you had a flawless stay.

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

The hotel has a monopoly on convenience for late arrivals & early departures from Lima -- it is an easy walk from the terminal. The rooms were fine --- nothing memorable from a positive or negative perspective. It is a big & busy hotel --- & service reflects with a wait to check in (it was after 10 pm so seemed long). Was given a voucher for a beverage in the bar which was nice. The in-room bottle of water was ridiculously expensive so suggest buying a bottle at the bar (or using a free coupon). The included breakfast starts early for continental & a bit later for more selection - I didn't bother so can't comment on quality. If a late arrival & early departure - for convenience, this hotel makes sense.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank SF94597

England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

This hotel is extremely convenient for anyone who needs an overnight stay prior to or after a flight, at Lima Airport. It is literally over the road from the main airport entrance, and in fact, from the second floor of the airport, there is a connecting over-bridge to the hotel.
Yes, the price is far more than Lima hotels, but considering it would take about 30 minutes in a taxi to get to Lima (traffic is horrendous), you pay for the convenience of being so near to the airport.
The noise isn't too bad. We were on the 5th floor, and there was some traffic noise, and car horns, but the air-con served to over-ride this.
There is no facility to make a drink in the room, no kettle. We ordered two hot drinks from room service, but they never arrived. There are cafes at the airport which you can easily walk to if you want a snack.
Breakfast was very good - lots of choice, and a chef cooking eggs to order. Plenty of waiters, clean tables, and food continually replenished.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor to try to combat some traffic noise.