“Worth the extra money!”

Wyndham Costa Del Sol Lima Airport
Ranked #54 of 229 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I was a little apprehensive about staying at this hotel after reading some of the reviews on Trip Advisor. But I am not sorry that we did, and if I ever return to Lima, I will stay here again.

We ended up spending 2 nights here during our stay in Peru. When we landed in Lima on the first night it was late, and we had an early morning departure for Cusco. We chose this hotel for its location being right at the airport. We had no issues and everyone treated us well. They assisted us in storing some of luggage we did not need for when we were in Cusco without charging us and got us to the airport in the morning without any problems.

My return flight to the US was late in the evening. I decided to book a room at this hotel so I would have somewhere to stay until my flight. Then I ended up getting sick the last night of the trip. When my husband and I showed up at the hotel early in the day, I was expecting to be told that there were no rooms ready and we would have to wait. I was not feeling well at all at this point. We were willing to pay anything to get into a room so I could rest.

We showed up quite early, and they did not have a room available. The front desk person was awesome! She could tell that I was not feeling well. While we were waiting for a room, they told us to go into the restaurant and have some breakfast. It took just a little while and we were in a room. They have construction going on at the hotel, which is quite loud. They found me a room in a relatively quiet area of the hotel and I was able to get some rest. They did not charge us for early check-in and were absolutely wonderful in getting us to the airport when it was time. I would definitely stay here again. Yes, it is expensive to stay here but the location right at the airport makes up for the extra expense. And I felt we were treated extremely well and that they cared about me.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Riad Z, General Manager at Wyndham Costa Del Sol Lima Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear guest,

I am very pleased to read your review. Our mission is to ensure total guest satisfaction and my staff will be delighted to know that we made it happen.

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay!

There are newer reviews for Wyndham Costa Del Sol Lima Airport

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

One of the many taxi drivers at the airport, when informed I was headed to the Ramada, responded, "You don't want to go there. That is so expensive--$300." He is correct, the hotel is vastly more expensive than others in Lima, although we only payed $200 without breakfast.

What you do get is the convenience of being directly across from the international arrivals gate. Turn right as you exit customs and go directly out of the terminal and across the street. There is a sign marked "H" pointing to the correct exit door. The hotel's name is at the top of the building and there are no other signs at eye level.

Check in went smoothly and the staff do very well in English. Only one elevator works. They are reconstructing the place.

The rooms are comparable to a older Holiday Inn Express. They are clean and pretty quiet. You can hear planes take off and land, but not very disruptive. They do not have complementary water or coffee in the rooms--only overpriced mini-bar stuff. The WiFi is spotty on the upper floors-it may be better lower down. Ask for the code at the desk.

So, if you arrive at 10:30 PM and want to meet your wife who arrives 4:30 AM, this is the place for you! Well worth the price to get the Ramada seal of approval & location, location, location!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Dan_Yucaipa_CA

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Regards,

Reviewed 28 July 2014

The good:
Literally right in front of you as you exit the terminal, in the airport parking lot, a short walk with your luggage and you are there. Very convenient for overnight layovers. Excellent breakfast with a wide variety of fresh fruits, juices, eggs, etc. Rooms clean and modern. I slept very well.

The not so good:
Outrageously high price for Peru!! You are paying for the location. The building is not what you would expect for a high priced hotel, it's rather like cinder blocks and thin sheet rock walls. I had made my reservation on the Wyndham website for $169. I received an email from the hotel informing me that for 3 people the price would be $225 (strangely enough, there are 2 queen beds, but they do not allow more than 3 people per room), so I made the change. When I arrived, they tried to charge me $255 per room, which I utterly refused to do. After some unpleasant haggling, they told me that they would honor my original reservation.

I bit the bullet and paid to stay here because I was with a group, and transportation to a distant hotel is more complicated.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear guest,

I am sorry to hear that you had some issues with your reservation. I am gald that my staff in the end was able to accomodate you according to your needs and expectations.

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay!

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Firstly, the nature of the construction is vastly undersold. If you check in during the day, you aren't just dealing with the odd noise. Prepare for constant jack hammering, no Wi-Fi (conveniently explained away because of "construction" reasons) and malfunctioning elevators.

To top it off, I was charged twice for the room which I was to spend 10 hours in. I booked through hotels.com. Upon checking in, they looked up my reservation, confirmed I had prepaid and asked for a credit car for incidentals like the mini bar. I specifically asked them if that was all the card info would be used for. They said yes. Two days later, they have charged me $165. They are now processing the refund which apparently takes 15-30 working days to clear.

If you do decide to stay at this garbage hotel, refuse to give them a credit card if you have prepaid online.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Rufus H

Dear guest,

I am sincerely sorry about the mishap that occurred with your reservation. I will make sure that my staff takes extra care when dealing with pre-paid reservations. I hope it was not to much of a hassle for you and that it did not spoil your experience in Peru.

Thank you for pointing out our mistake which gives us the opportunity to improve our service. Your comments are valuable to us. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is Peru. Things should be cheaper here, not more expensive...but because this is the only hotel at the airport they have a monopoly, so to speak, on people with early flights. We had a flight at 6:20 am and were really only staying in Lima on a layover. Most visitors to Lima stay in Miraflores (or Barranco or San Isidro), but that is almost an hour away by taxi, so for us it seemed too far for such an early flight. Still, this place charges approx. 200 a night. And what do you get for that? A luxury room? No, a clean, adequate, but small room. I've had much much nicer rooms in many American cities for half this price. This place is just gouging...and until more hotels open up at the airport they will be able to do so. Was it a bad experience? No. But it was very poor value for the price. Only stay here, like we did, if you have a very early flight. There's absolutely no other reason to pay these insane prices.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank northropfrye

Dear guest,

I am sorry to read we did not match your expectations. We will look into possible changes so as to upgrade infrastructure and design. I am glad though that this did not affect your experience with us.

Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Oddly, this was the most expensive hotel we stayed at during our 10 days in Peru - but having a flight that landed at 11 pm followed by a 6 am flight on to Cuzco - being able to walk literally across the street (through a covered overpass on the second floor of the airport above the street) and being in the room about 10 minutes after we collected our luggage made it absolutely worthwhile. The rooms were nice; free bottled water (or a Pisco Sour if you prefer) upon check-in; breakfast was ok (and started very early); and then the next morning (very early) we once again walked across the covered overpass back to the airport. Avoid the hassles of Lima/airport traffic if you have a short connection at the Lima airport.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lawrence D

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. We are glad you had a flawless stay.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My husband and I traveled to Peru on a missions trip and had to spend a night at this hotel. Knowing how TERRIBLE this brand is in the US, we were like "Oh Boy".
To our surprise, the hotel was great! The staff was very friendly. We were welcomed with FREE drinks (which after a long trip are always appreciated). The rooms were nice, clean and big enough. Free WI-FI always a nice plus. And to finish on a High note, the Buffet Style breakfast was DELICIOUS!!!

We would def. recommend this hotel to people traveling to Peru, and like us, are hesitant about the Ramada brand. :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank pituphinna

Wow! Great review! Thank you for your sincere feedback.

Best regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lima
San Isidro
Wyndham Costa Del Sol Lima City
Hotel Granada
#2 of 2 in Coporaque
Callao
Pay Purix Backpackers Hostel
B&B Cusing Wasi
#1 of 7 in Callao

Been to Wyndham Costa Del Sol Lima Airport? Share your experiences!