“Welcome Home!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sacred Valley
The Green House Peru
Ranked #1 of 195 Sacred Valley B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 July 2013

The Green House is a must on your way to Machu Picchu. I would call it staying with Brian and Gabriel. The home and the property are absolutely beautiful but it is the warm and kind attention that makes the stay here so special.
The rooms are simple yet well decorated and very clean. The garden is gorgeous and extremely well kept. Breakfast was delicious and I highly recommend you sign up for the dinner. Not only are the meals amazing but certainly convenient.
The Green House is off the beaten path which gives the traveler the opportunity to experience the real Peru. At Brian's suggestion we rode the bus (5 mins ride) to Urubamba and it was a wonderful experience to be among the locals. The walk up to the Waterfall with Laika, the dog, was priceless.
If anyone is going to Peru, You MUST stay with these gentlemen. They are charming and warm and you will absolutely thank me!
Also: Very reasonable prices and stay an extra day so you can enjoy the nearby attractions or just relax.

Enjoy!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I enjoyed my stay very much. Brian and Gabriel are very thoughtful and doing their life purpose. They know what makes people happy and make your stay very welcoming. I will be back.....
Hot water bottle the best ever.....

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Bryan and Gabriel are the most accommodating and pleasant hosts we had a pleasure to have met. The Green House is a beautiful home-like establishment. Our room was on the second floor and loved everything... the bed, bathroom, cleanliness, on and on. The hosts made sure we could find our ways around the ruins and they also called the cab for us to return after day of exploring the Sacred Valley. They got up at 5 am to fix our breakfast because we had to catch an early train to Machu Picchu. Their three dogs were very loving, too.

The reservation process was without a hitch. We sent the deposit via Paypal. Bryan provided details about their location. We took taxi from Cusco to Calca where the Green House is located. The taxi was arranged by the hotel where we stayed in Cusco and it cost 140 soles because we stopped and spent some time at the Pisac Market.

I have to say the hot water bottle that kept our bed warm was the most wonderful thing I've experienced. The host put it under the cover before we came back to the room after dinner. I held onto it all night.

Thanks, Bryan and Gabriel, for such a wonderful experience in the Sacred Valley.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2013

What can I say, from the moment you walk into this B&B you are in heaven. From the view through the glass windows of the most beautiful mountains to the hospitality of Bryan and Gabriel. Spent 4 days there and didn't want to leave. The food was delicious, the rooms lovely down to the surprise hot water bottle in my bed that made it so nice to snuggle in. Loved chatting with the other guests as well because it feels like home. Will definitely go back. And it's in the middle of the Sacred Valley which makes it perfect for getting to all the sites. And last but not least, the 3 dogs made me miss my own less. Loved snuggling by the fire with them.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We stayed with our family for 2 days at the Green House, and it was a fantastic experience. Brian and Gabriel were the most hospitable of guests, arranging local taxis and transfers back to Cusco, giving us great advice about the best local restaurants, nearby hikes, etc. Breakfast was fantastic,
and the hotel itself (designed by Gabriel) is beautiful, warm and inviting after a long day of trekking and sightseeing. On our last day, we checked out of our rooms in the morning, but I elected to stay a bit longer in the beautiful living room and relax, reading a book, while my family hiked...a great way to end a wonderfully busy 2 weeks in Peru and Ecuador. Thank you, Brian and Gabriel!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2013

My husband and I stayed with Brian and Gabriel in late June and everything was superb :-) Like others have said, it is a little out of the way, but definitely worth if you want to see how real Peruvians live. We started out our Peru trip here before our 4d/3n Inca Trail trek to Machu Picchu. I was a little worried that since it is lower than Cusco we might not acclimate as well, but everything turned out fine.

Brain and Gabriel arranged a driver to pick us up from the Cusco airport (80 soles and about an hour drive). We arrived mid morning and just spent the day relaxing, playing with the dogs, eating a fabulous meal at the Green House, and visiting with fellow guests. The next morning Brian gave us directions on how to get to Pisac by bus. (its only around 2 soles and about a 30 min drive) On Sunday, Pisac has a huge Market and is definitely worth checking out. We got a cab up to the top of Pisac ruins (25 soles), walked around there for a bit, walked down to the city, bought local goodies (always negotiate- they start off high), ate lunch, and then took a cab back to the Green House.

Quick Tips
1. Just eat dinner at the Green House- it's 55 soles a person for 3 courses, amazing food by Gabriel, and guaranteed not to get you sick. Plus, unless you are out in surrounding cities, there is no where else to eat.
2. Visit Pisac to shop at the Big market on Sunday and see the ruins. Take the bus-it's cheap!
3. There are 3 little "corner stores" within walking distance. You can buy chips, candy, crackers, coke, etc. There is no where to eat lunch around, so either go explore a city during the day or stock up on snack food.
4. Best part of the place is Brain and Gabriel. They are extremely welcoming and make you feel at home. Most of all, I love Brain's witty, dry british humor :-)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I have stayed at Green House before, and I love being there. Enjoying the view, the garden, the food, the rooms and the 2 lovely hosts.
This time was very different.

I was sick and dehydrated by Diarra, when I arrived in a taxi. Bryan and Gabriel arranged for the a doctor and took care of my care until I got better and could continue their journey home.
I look forward to coming back next year - healthy so I can enjoy it all fully again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Tambo del Inka, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Valle Sagrado
Belmond Sanctuary Lodge
Belmond Sanctuary Lodge
#2 of 30 in Machu Picchu

Been to The Green House Peru? Share your experiences!