“An oasis in the middle of the Sacred Valley”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sacred Valley
The Green House Peru
Ranked #1 of 174 Sacred Valley B&B and Inns
Asten, The Netherlands
“An oasis in the middle of the Sacred Valley”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed in The Green House for a week. It was the basis from which we explored the Sacred Valley. It was incredible how Kelly made us feel at home, prepared a tasty breakfast (with warm rolls in a private little oven), cooked the most delicious and varied (mostly vegetarian) diners and if we needed them supplied surprise lunch-bags. The rooms are very spaceous and clean, and the view when you rise is really breathtaking! In the central part of the Green House you meet many fellowtravellers and we had many very interessting encoumters with different people: the space and atmosphere invites you to communicate and share. There is a large garden with several seats where you can relax, and humming birds visit the bougeainville and all the other flowers. I advise everyone who visits the Sacred Valley NOT to stay in Cusco, but to visit the Inca archeologocal sites with The Geen House as base of operations. Because it's really Paradise, with Kelly as the guardian angel...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
thegreenhouse, Owner at The Green House Peru, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
I usually try to respond personally to thank my guests for their lovely reviews- but you left without leaving your email!! :) I just wanted to thank you for your kind words. It was lovely having you both here for so long.
I just want to expand on something you have pointed out, I am extremely conscious of dietary needs and restrictions. It is my pleasure to make variations for anyone who needs it, be it gluten free, meat free, dairy free, or special dietas.
Thank you again- and I hope your journey brings you back this way again in the future ;)
Warmly,

Kelly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Very, very warm welcome and beautiful location. They put hot water bottles in the beds at night to keep your feat toasty. They have a yoga/meditation room with windows that open to a stream running outside. Super comfortable and clean, the grounds were beautiful, with hikes that begin right outside the front door. The meals, cooked by the owners, are divine - totally fresh. Your room door opens out onto an incredible view of the mountains, I just felt inspired the whole time I was there.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I´ve never bothered to take the time to review a hotel on Trip Advisor, but this place is beautiful. A sight worth visiting in itself. The little touches that Kelly (owner) has put in place make your stay that much more special (hot water bottles in the beds at night)! Even when I realised late in the evening that we would have to wake up at 4am for our train to Machu Picchu, Kelly still smiled, booked us a taxi for the next moring and even packed us up an excellent breakfast to take with us. All this despite having to wake up herself at that ridiculous hour to let us out. An unforgettable stay and the best breakfast in South America so far.

I just wish we had time in our itinerary to be able to return before leaving South America :(

Room Tip: Upstairs is probably better because of the wooden floor boards, but we stayed downstairs and still l...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

First - let me say - that this is the first time I have taken the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I just felt overwhelming compelled to write how awesome this little piece of peace is that is located in the Sacred Valley in Peru. Kelly runs a top-notch bed and breakfast with the little touches that make all the difference. This was the highlight of our trip. This is a fantastic jumping off point for many of the ruins, and it feels like a little piece of home. From the hand-pressed coffee, to the delicious food, the playful pups, and the chats with Kelly and Liz by a roaring fire - all was perfect. Thanks Kelly and LIz! :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
New york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Honestly....words cant describe how great this place is. Beautiful scenery, incredible host, friendly neighbors, the list goes on. Kelly takes bed and breakfast to a whole new level. If I ever find myself in the sacred valley again....I wouldnt eat anywhere but here and i wouldnt sleep anywhere but here. Thanks for everything!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014
Rio Branco do Sul, PR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

This bed and breakfast is beautiful—impeccably clean and organized and warm and welcoming. The place and its garden gently asked us to slow down and take in its beauty for two nights. Kelly, the manager, and her two sweet dogs, were attentive and gracious hosts. Kelly's cooking was terrific—and she even wet so far as to send our forgotten items to our next stop in Cusco!

I only wish we had more time to spend there. It's a great jumping off point for day trips to Ollantaytambo, Urubamba, Moray, and Pisac. Though even with all those nearby attractions, it was hard to justify leaving the grounds for the day!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stayed here after having travelled for 15 hours. This place was not only an incredibly comfortable refuge, but the owner Kelly was also so welcoming, accommodating, and a fantastic cook! Traveling alone, it was great to chat with others staying at the green house over a tasty home-cooked dinner. I also loved the fact that this place was far enough from any tourist towns so it felt like I had found something truly special and authentic yet it was close enough to towns within the Sacred Valley for easy day trips!

I can't recommend this place enough! I stayed here for only two nights, but wish it had been longer!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo