“Beautiful location, wonderful hostess, extremely comfortable”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sacred Valley
The Green House Peru
Ranked #1 of 179 Sacred Valley B&B and Inns
Philadelphia
“Beautiful location, wonderful hostess, extremely comfortable”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This is the perfect B&B for those who want a central location in the Sacred Valley to travel out and see the ruins. Pisac, Moray, Moras, and Ollantaytambo (train to Machu Picchu) all within reach by bus or taxi. Amazing view from the beautiful garden and comfortable rooms. Kelly is a fantastic hostess. This is a well-located, comfortable, quiet, beautiful place to stay. The only problem was getting started on our days late because we wanted to hang out in the garden all morning!

• Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Plainsboro, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 August 2014

A friend and I stayed a night after our four day Inca Trail trek. We both have food sensitivities and Kelly was very helpful and even cooked special dinners for us both. The location is beautiful and definitely worth the trip outside the city of Cusco. It was nice to escape the crowds and the traffic for a day and it is a great location to start a tour of the Sacred Valley. It was very peaceful and I only wish we stayed longer!!

• Stayed August 2014
thegreenhouse, Owner at The Green House Peru, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Thank you so much, Kristin! Was lovely having you both here, albeit shortly!! Hope you enjoyed the rest of your travels give my old stomping grounds a big kiss from me!

Warmly,

Kelly
Shropshire
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This was an excellent stay in a beautiful place. Kelly provides a wonderful, personalised service and the food is freshly cooked and very tasty.
We stayed four nights in two rooms. Kelly arranged a really good driver for us throughout the stay who enabled us to do so much more in the Sacred Valley than we might have done otherwise, and provided us with packed breakfasts even when we left early (she got up to see us off twice). Her care and attention paid to guests is one of the reasons for such good ratings.
The times we spent back at the hotel were relaxing - either playing games in front of the fire, or sitting in the garden observing the humming birds.
A couple of minor issues:
- whilst we knew the wifi was time-limited (which was fine) it didn't work very well whilst we were there.
- lighting in the main lounge area wasn't really good enough to read.
- they don't take cards (OK) but a statement of how much cash will be needed would have been helpful before checking out.
These, though, are minor - it is a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
thegreenhouse, Owner at The Green House Peru, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Thank you so much John. Your kind words about the service I provide and the hotel are so lovely to read as I do take the care of my guests very seriously. It is always nice to receive confirmation on the work I do here.
I just want to respond to the slight points of contention. Yes. Wifi is limited. On top of which, being where we are located- it does not always work the best, especially if there are multiple people using the wifi- for instance during the time you were here, I believe the hotel was full. For me and everyone here in the valley, the wifi at times requires patience. I have traveled to 5 star hotels in Peru and have stayed with friends within the big city of lima and have had difficulties with my internet connection there as well. Unfortunately (but fortunately in my opinion) Peru isn't quite up to date on that realm like the Western World.
Thank you for your comment on the lighting. I have since added a couple more lamps. I like the space to feel very cozy and intimate, but sometimes that ambience isn't exactly conducive to reading. So that has changed now to where people have a bit more choice in lighting.
As for the bill. I have never had any guest hesitate to ask me to review the bill ahead of time so they can make sure they are on par, especially if staying for several days or more with multiple members of the party. I have no problems reviewing any information but I never want to assume someone is not prepared or needs me to remind them about their travel funds. So that for me is a slightly touchy topic.
I hope this information can help anyone else looking to spend time here at the Green House with me and the mountains :) And thank you again for staying here with me, John. It was a pleasure hosting you and your lovely family!
Asten, The Netherlands
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed in The Green House for a week. It was the basis from which we explored the Sacred Valley. It was incredible how Kelly made us feel at home, prepared a tasty breakfast (with warm rolls in a private little oven), cooked the most delicious and varied (mostly vegetarian) diners and if we needed them supplied surprise lunch-bags. The rooms are very spaceous and clean, and the view when you rise is really breathtaking! In the central part of the Green House you meet many fellowtravellers and we had many very interessting encoumters with different people: the space and atmosphere invites you to communicate and share. There is a large garden with several seats where you can relax, and humming birds visit the bougeainville and all the other flowers. I advise everyone who visits the Sacred Valley NOT to stay in Cusco, but to visit the Inca archeologocal sites with The Geen House as base of operations. Because it's really Paradise, with Kelly as the guardian angel...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
I usually try to respond personally to thank my guests for their lovely reviews- but you left without leaving your email!! :) I just wanted to thank you for your kind words. It was lovely having you both here for so long.
I just want to expand on something you have pointed out, I am extremely conscious of dietary needs and restrictions. It is my pleasure to make variations for anyone who needs it, be it gluten free, meat free, dairy free, or special dietas.
Thank you again- and I hope your journey brings you back this way again in the future ;)
Warmly,

Kelly
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Very, very warm welcome and beautiful location. They put hot water bottles in the beds at night to keep your feat toasty. They have a yoga/meditation room with windows that open to a stream running outside. Super comfortable and clean, the grounds were beautiful, with hikes that begin right outside the front door. The meals, cooked by the owners, are divine - totally fresh. Your room door opens out onto an incredible view of the mountains, I just felt inspired the whole time I was there.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I´ve never bothered to take the time to review a hotel on Trip Advisor, but this place is beautiful. A sight worth visiting in itself. The little touches that Kelly (owner) has put in place make your stay that much more special (hot water bottles in the beds at night)! Even when I realised late in the evening that we would have to wake up at 4am for our train to Machu Picchu, Kelly still smiled, booked us a taxi for the next moring and even packed us up an excellent breakfast to take with us. All this despite having to wake up herself at that ridiculous hour to let us out. An unforgettable stay and the best breakfast in South America so far.

I just wish we had time in our itinerary to be able to return before leaving South America :(

Room Tip: Upstairs is probably better because of the wooden floor boards, but we stayed downstairs and still l...