“Heaven in the sacred valley”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sacred Valley
The Green House Peru
Ranked #1 of 189 Sacred Valley B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 January 2010

Five stars are not enough for the Green house. This is the perfect place to stay while visiting Cusco and the Sacred valley. The rooms are spacious and tastefully decorated. Location is great, close to almost all attractions. Numerous great hikes right from front door, were a dog is your quide. Great scenery and views everywere you look. Gabriel and Brian, the owners, are two of the greatest people you will meet. I stayed with my wife and three college age sons, and they couldn't have done more for us. Gabriel who will cook brkfst, and dinner if you wish, is a gourmet cook, and the meals were great . I have travelled extensively and the Green house is a true gem, and perhaps the best traveling experience I have had

• Stayed: December 2009
2  Thank Davef1027

Reviewed 30 December 2009

The Green House is a jewel in the Valley. Peaceful, quiet, comfortable and beautiful, it felt like a holiday from the travellers road. We loved being there and would have stayed longer had they not been booked up. Our extremely kind (hours of time spent helping us with travel plans) and engaging hosts made running the Green House seem completely effortless but their attention to detail was astonishing- when we eventually dragged ourselves away from the roaring open fire, we found hot water bottles warming our beds beneath the duvets. Guests at the Green House will always feel warm, spoilt and happy; the food is homecooked, the coffee perfect, even the dogs come in small medium and large. It is the ideal respite for the slightly weary traveller or a place to gather your strength for the next leg of your journey, pre or post Macchu Picchu Inca trail.

Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 December 2009

There are two reasons why the Green House Peru is the best bed and breakfast in all of Peru: Bryan and Gabriel. From Bryan's ability to create a peaceful respite amongst the most beautiful gardens of any inn in which we have ever stayed to Gabriel's passion in the kitchen to create some of the most delectable dishes we have ever tasted, we have never felt more pampered or relaxed. We stayed four nights and wished we had stayed longer. From taking care of our laundry needs to preparing exquisitely unique meals, from days reading in the garden to evenings by the fire (and then to finding heated water bottles in our bed in the evenings to keep us toasty through the night), they have thought of ALL the little details that make a getaway special. We are innkeepers in the United States and they definitely gave us some great tips to make our guests feel equally as welcome. From one innkeeper to another, thank you for giving us the gift of true relaxation- we have never been anywhere else where we felt so taken care of! We definitely owe you- so please come visit us sometime soon!

Reviewed 16 December 2009

My friend & I decided to book 5 nights here after reading some reviews, and we did not regret one moment. I honestly don't know how Bryan & Gabriel have the energy to provide the level of first class service that they do. It was wonderful to feel so well taken care of, to have a home base to come back to between visiting the nearby sites and Macchu Pichu, to have someone you could trust for advice, and to share great conversations and some hearty laughs.
I miss Peru and we left the Green House feeling like we had left our good friends. I will return one day! Thank you, Gabriel & Bryan, for being so fabulous!

Reviewed 14 December 2009

We came across the Green House by accident and It was the best bit of luck we had in Peru! The Green House is beautiful, so relaxing, warm and friendly. The accommodation is 1st class, the food incredible, and Bryan and Gabriel made us feel like we were at home. The only dissapointing thing was that we only had two nights there. We could have easily stayed for much longer. We were sad to day goodbye but we will defininitely be back!!

Reviewed 14 December 2009

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights, and it was like staying at a friend's home. The Green House is like a home tucked away in the middle of the Sacred Valley. The rooms are spacious & squeaky clean with comfortable beds, large bathroom, views of the hills & garden, & sounds of the river in the background. Bryan & Gabriel go out of their way to make you feel like a guest in their home - from preparing 3AM breakfast in order for you to have that morning energy for that trip to Macchu Piccu, to giving travel advice & making arrangements, to surprising you with hot water bottles in your bed at night, to having great conversation. And if you think they're doing too much for you, Bryan will simply reply, "It is what we do here."

These guys keep you healthy with a breakfast of fresh fruits, hot bread served with butter & native organic spreads, scrambled egg, freshly squeezed OJ, & french pressed coffee or tea. Dinners are extra, and are perfect for when in need of a healthy & delicious home-cooked meal (Gabriel - can I please have the recipe for your apple pancakes?).

I recommend staying in the Sacred Valley rather than Cusco, before (& after) your big trip to Machu Picchu. It is also a great place to acclimate to the high altitude, which really affected me while in Cusco. Cusco is very pretty, but also very touristy. The Green House is conveniently located in Huaran, which is halfway to Machu Picchu. It is an easy bus trip to surrounding towns like Pisaq, Urubamba & Ollaytaytambo. Taxis are affordable, too.

The best way to describe the Green House & its surroundings is that its a state of mind. Any stress or anxiety you have completely dissolve within the first few minutes of arrival. Other than visiting the surrounding area, you can sit out in the garden with a good book & cup of tea, watch one of their numerous DVD's, or go hiking with Laika to the waterfalls (And did I mention that the friendliest dogs on Earth live here? We miss you Laika, Paco, & Yana!!).

I can't rave enough about this place. If I missed something, read everyone one elses' positive reviews, and I completely agree. Bryan & Gabriel are the best!

Reviewed 5 December 2009

My husband and I traveled to Peru for a week. Our first 2 nights were spent in the Sacred Valley at The Green House. Our only regret is that we didn't stay there the whole week! Hosts Gabriel and Bryan are a joy. It is obvious that they take great pride in their B&B and truly enjoy being hosts. They are great resources to help you with your trip (i.e. how to get places, cost, social norms,etc.) And our 4-legged hosts (Laika, Paco, and Llana) helped make the place feel even more cozy. (Don't miss the Laika- guided waterfall tour!) We stayed in the "leather sandal" room. It had the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, other than my own bed at home! The room had enough space for the two of us. Delicious breakfast is included. Dinner (3 courses) is extra should you choose to eat there for dinner. Gabriel and Bryan are wonderful chefs. They catered to my vegetarian needs without question. The Green House is located in a quiet area. If you are looking for a lively place to stay with lots of nightlife, this isn't the place for you. But, if you are looking for peace and quiet during your stay in Peru, The Green House is a must. Before our trip, I wasn't aware how convenient The Green House was to sightseeing/tourist spots. If I had known that, I would have planned to stay at the Green House for the whole trip (except for one night in Aguas Calientes to see Machu Picchu). This is what I'm recommending to friends planning trips to Peru.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sacred Valley
Boutique Hotel Lizzy Wasi
Boutique Hotel Lizzy Wasi
#11 of 29 in Urubamba
B&B-Hotel Pension Alemana

Been to The Green House Peru? Share your experiences!