“can't wait to revisit!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sacred Valley
The Green House Peru
Ranked #1 of 179 Sacred Valley B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“can't wait to revisit!”
Reviewed 1 November 2010

We stayed here for only 2 nights, but we soaked in every minute of it! As soon as we pulled up behind the House, we were in awe of the backdrop of the surrounding hillsides. The architecture of the building helps immerse you into the valley; the windows in the main room allow you to appreciate it as much from the inside as you would from the outside. Brian and Gabriel greeted us warmly and oriented us to the House, and the dogs greeted us just as enthusiastically as they did! The location was perfect for us as a base to explore the Sacred Valley-- we went to Ollantaytambo as well as to Machu Picchu from there. If we had been a bit more adventurous and had more time to explore, we would have used Brian's very detailed instructions on the inexpensive local buses to transport us to and fro, but because we had such limited time we hired private taxis with the help of the Green House (which can get expensive but just know what you need to budget for).

The bedroom was our tiny sanctuary-- not that we needed a separate one from the grounds. The bed was super comfortable, especially with the hot water bottles at our feet to keep us warm at night. The showers were hot, and we refilled our drinking water for a nominal fee from the cooler in the main room.

After reading so many wonderful reviews about Gabriel's cooking, we decided to eat at the Green House every opportunity we had. The complimentary breakfast consisted of fresh fruit, juice, eggs, warm bread, a spread of 3 jams and butter, and freshly-pressed coffee with steamed milk-- the best coffee i had in Peru! On the morning of our trip to Machu Picchu, we elected to have a packed lunch in lieu of breakfast, and Gabriel woke up insanely early to prepare our lunchbags of sandwiches, fruit, cookies, and candy, as well as to make us some of that extra-spectacular coffee to start us on our day. The charge for dinner was modest considering the quantity and quality of food. Our dinners both nights were 3 courses and stuffed as to the brim, were beautifully presented (we paused to take pictures!), and were absolutely delicious. Of note, I'm a vegetarian and Gabriel was easily able to accommodate my needs in all the meals.

What makes the Green House so special is the personalized touches and the way that Gabriel and Brian find a way to connect with you no matter how short your time is there. I am sure that we will never find a place like it again wherever we go, so we'll just have to go back there as soon as we can!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
truckee, california
Reviewed 28 October 2010

The Green House beyond description
Heaven here on earth in all it's simplicity
Each moment spent a treasure ion ones memory

Guests become family as the gate is opened
Refreshing in its peace and tranquility
Enthralling in its beauty blending with nature
Exquisite blossoms to gaze at in the garden grounds
Nourishing with Bryan's breakfasts and Gabriel's generous dinners

Happy with the tail wags from Jana, Paco and Lika
Outstanding in ways too many to count
Unbelievable setting amongst mountains so grand
Special in the love and care it radiates
Escape to this place you will never forget

Marilyn Crang, Truckee California

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2010

Things I love about this place:
• Great surrounding, and a waterfall nearby
• Lovely surrounding, the view at night and in the morning is the best.
• Great breakfast
• 3 Course Dinner, I highly recommend it! (Optional)
• Loving pups (Laika, Paco, & Janna), I love dogs even more after meeting them
• The best hosts (Bryan, Gabriel, & the girls). So helpful and welcoming.
• The activities, if you're up for adventure try them all (treks, horseback riding, mountain biking, ferrata + ziplines, and more). These were the highlight of my trips.
• The architecture and the attention to details, is superb.
• Most of all, the other visitors you'll meet are the friendliest and they all have wonderful stories.

I think this is the perfect place for a honeymoon. Thanks for everything guys, this is so far the best place I've stayed in all of my travels.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 12 October 2010

This was without a doubt one of the most amazing places I have ever stayed. The owners couldn't have been friendlier, the food was delicious, my room was beautiful, and the setting is breathtaking. Even the owners' dogs were wonderful hosts! I really cannot say enough good things about my experience---plus it was really affordable.

The only thing people should know is that it's a little isolated. It's a great place to relax, go on hikes, read books, and spend time with friends. It's not the place to stay if you want to be in a town or go out at night.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 25 September 2010

My husband and I celebrated our 10-year anniversary with a trip to Peru, and while Machu Picchu left us pinching ourselves for being so awe-inspiring, so did our visit to the Green House. I say 'visit' rather than 'stay' because that's how Bryan and Gabriel make you feel: Like visitors to their home (one of the most beautiful, restful, inviting, and welcoming homes you'll ever encounter).

The views, the food, the restful pace, the company of hosts both human and canine, the fascinating fellow travelers who come through their door -- all of it blends into what was, for my husband and me, the most incredible lodging experience we've ever had.

Though we would have liked to stay longer, I was grateful for the foresight to book at least 5 days. One day was perfect for a hike to the local waterfall, another for a visit to Pisac, a third for the town and ruins of Ollantaytambo, and a fourth for either catching the local salt mines, taking a combi bus to nearby Urubamba for a true slice of how local Peruvians live, or just enjoying the hammock on the grounds of the Green House, Don't miss a single night of Gabriel's culinary skills at dinner, and do yourself the favor of an early-morning meditation with Bryan. And don't forget to look up at the night sky before heading to bed: More stars than you've ever seen in your life, I guarantee.

We used the Green House as a base for our 1-day hike to Machu Picchu, which was a perfect approach. We had two nights before we left and a nice safe place to stow our luggage while trekking. After staying overnight in Aguas Calientes and spending the following day at Machu Picchu, we returned to the Green House for an additional two days, thrilled to have familiar faces with whom to share our impressions of such a breathtaking wonder of the world, not to mention some welcome R&R after the trek.

We're back home now just over a week, and on those frequent moments we find ourselves aching to be back in Peru, it's the Green House we find ourselves thinking about.

This is an absolute gem in the Sacred Valley and a must for travelers headed to Machu Picchu. Thanks to Bryan, Gabriel, and sweet pups Laika, Yonna, and Paco for such a memorable visit!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
uk
Reviewed 19 September 2010

We booked to stay at the Green house after seeing all the rave reviews on trip advisor. To be honest I was a bit sceptical, I mean how could somewhere be *that* good? After spending 4 blissful nights there I now know why they have recieved nothing but top marks.

The guesthouse itself is beautiful, rooms are top notch with amazing showers and a gigantic bed. The garden is a little slice of paradise ( complete with vivid coloured flowers, big butterflies and humming birds). The village where the Green house resides is perfect for exploring the sacred valley, and is small friendly and very traditional.

I have to mention the food which was absolutely delicious. A 3 course meal cooked fresh every night. Sometimes we had Peruvian dishes sometimes Italian but all of it was absolutely out of this world - I have never tasted chocolate brownies quite like it!!

Last but not least the owners Bryan and Gabrielle (and their 3 gorgeous dogs) were the kindest people you could meet, they made us feel at home, chatted to us for hours, gave us tips and were just lovely during our stay.

We are sure to be back soon!
Sarah and Ian

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Costa Mesa, California
Reviewed 11 September 2010

What a great place. it's peaceful and lovely, as you can see from the pictures, but it's so much more. The attention to detail and the genuine care and concern for each guest is remarkable. i've never been anywhere like it. I appreciate Bryan and Gabriel so much. The food, the dogs,the other guests, the central location in the Sacred Valley make this a perfect place. i just left today and I miss them already. I cant wait to come back.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends