We spent 2 nights at Chaska hostel in Aguas Calientes.
1. they said they would come to pick us up at the train station, but they did not show up, so we had to find the way ourselves
2. our room had a window on the corridor without a lock, that is you could open it from the corridor and enter the room from there.
We asked to change to another room, but that was not possible apparently that night. However, they changed us the room the day after.
3. they promised early breakfast at 4.30 (to go to Machu Pichu as ealy as possible), which eventually was 20 minute late
4. the door of the bathroom in the room locks if you open it wide (because the button that locks the door touches the wall). Thus if later you close the door from the room, you will stay locked out of the bathroom, which may be a problem if you suffer from tourista during the night, to better pay attention!
General comment: the hotel is not worth the 55$, which probably applies to any hotel in Aguas Calientes, but it is not bad either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hostal Chaska offers all the comforts of home in a rugged environment. Carpeted rooms with bath, hot water, and TV provide a welcome retreat from the austere surroundings.Out your window, you can enjoy a beautiful view of the Aguas Calientes River, set among the magnificent natural surroundings of the area.Our room are very clean.Breakfast starts at 5 am, very good. The water from the river put us to sleep at night.Not noisy at all. Very centrally located. Near the river, right off the train station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Hostal Chaska reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.