We loved our trip to Machu Picchu. After spending the day walking around the temple (and a long morning/day getting there), it was nice to retire to the Sanctuary Lodge to relax when we were done. Our room was clean and quiet with a little patio looking over the courtyard. I don't think it is a 5 star hotel, but I did not expect that level of grandeur when staying at the top of the mountain. It is all about location with the Sanctuary Lodge - easy to get into the park and come back and take a break when you want. Afternoon tea, evening cocktails, and dinner were nice. There is not A/C. It was cool when we were there, so not a problem, but fans are available - you have to ask for them. It is quite expensive for what it is, but given we will only likely go to Machu Picchu once, we thought it was worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Sanctuary Lodge enjoys a unique location just steps from the entrance to Machu Picchu; it is the only hotel beside the Inca citadel. This charming mountain retreat, set in orchid gardens, is the perfect place to relax, from early in the morning to magical moonlit nights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Belmond, Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Belmond Sanctuary Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge By Orient-Express Hotel Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Hotel
- Sanctuary Lodge Machu Picchu