We're so glad we stayed here. The main advantage is the ability to stay in the park nearly until closing so you feel like the only ones there, and then you can be up early to hike into the park and watch the sun rise over Machu Picchu. Wonderful! Our room wasn't large and we had no view at all, but it was comfortable. We appreciated their attention to recycling and general environmental friendliness. Really enjoyed the meals, too. I ate the best sea bass I've been served in quite a while! The bartender was helpful with the wine, and the service in both the restaurant and the bar area were great. We didn't have time to use the hot tub; we spent all of our time in the ruins and hiking in the area. This is a once-in-a-lifetime trip for us and the Sanctuary Lodge was perfect for it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Sanctuary Lodge enjoys a unique location just steps from the entrance to Machu Picchu; it is the only hotel beside the Inca citadel. This charming mountain retreat, set in orchid gardens, is the perfect place to relax, from early in the morning to magical moonlit nights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Belmond, Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Belmond Sanctuary Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge By Orient-Express Hotel Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Hotel
- Sanctuary Lodge Machu Picchu