I have read some less than favorable reviews of the Sanctuary Lodge, so I was pleasantly surprised with my experience. I selected the Sanctuary Lodge because of its proximity to Machu Picchu. I was extremely pleased with all aspects of my visit. The noon buffet (included in the price) was superb. The young lady that checked me into the hotel set the tone for my entire stay - she was extremely knowledgeable, professional and pleasant. Staying at the Lodge puts you within a few feet of the entrance gate to the Park, which is a huge advantage to anyone staying overnight.
If I ever go to Machu Picchu again, I'll definitely stay at the Sanctuary Lodge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Sanctuary Lodge enjoys a unique location just steps from the entrance to Machu Picchu; it is the only hotel beside the Inca citadel. This charming mountain retreat, set in orchid gardens, is the perfect place to relax, from early in the morning to magical moonlit nights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Belmond, TravelUp, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Belmond Sanctuary Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge By Orient-Express Hotel Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Hotel
- Sanctuary Lodge Machu Picchu