“A Hearty Reason”
Review of Hearts Cafe

Hearts Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Hearts Cafe is a Restaurant specialized in healthy home made food nutritious and ideal for the traveler. Prices are low and the meals are generous and well presented the service is personalized.Most workers are competent in basic English.
Lima, Peru
“A Hearty Reason”
Reviewed 29 November 2009

This restaurant serves excellent food and all the profits are used for the proper nutrition of children living at nearby communities and villages.
They accept all kind of donations for the foundation, so please come and visit this restaurant located in the main Plaza de Armas of Ollantaytambo.
Ask for Sonia, a british lady who runs the place and the Living Heart NGO.

2 Thank xochitl

Texas
“Good, Hearty Food”
Reviewed 17 November 2009

I wish I could have stayed in Ollantaytambo longer just so I could eat here more.

The food was delicious and filling and had generous portions. I like that they specify that all their produce is washed in purified water. As a vegetarian, I was very pleased to find a place with a lot of offerings.

We were only in town for one day and leaving for Machu Picchu early the next morning. We knew we'd want lunch at Machu Picchu so after eating here for lunch, we went back that evening to purchase box lunches to take with us. These set meals offer a good quantity of food for a good price and come with vegetarian options. We kept them on the window sill of our bathroom overnight to stay cool and then crammed them in our back packs the next morning. We were kind of worried about how the food would hold up with not being refrigerated and then packed around. Except for being a little squashed, everything tasted great!

1 Thank nonedoneundone
south florida
“The name says it all”
Reviewed 21 September 2009

A cozy cafe with an awesome story. Be sure to eat here at least once during your stay. Outdoor seating allows you a nice view of the plaza and indoor it's pretty comfy. If you're in need of something to read there is a circulating book exchange. All of the employees and the owner, Sonia, is awesome. My mom loved her toasted sandwich. The pastries and coffee are good.

2 Thank thelittlenomad
Devon, United Kingdom
“Good old fashioned food”
Reviewed 7 July 2009

We were killing time in Ollantaytambo and needed a quick meal before starting out for our trail camp. Our guide suggested Hearts are we were all impressed by the food, the rapid service, the value for money and the ethics of the place. It is not high class cuisine just good old fashioned food which sets you up well for the Machu Pichu Trail. My wife reckons the tomato sauce with her pasta was as good as she has tasted anywhere.

Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“Hearty nosh!”
Reviewed 12 December 2008

Loved dining at Heart´s Cafe while I was in Ollantaytambo!

Their menu is chock full of a wide variety of munchy morsels; from English afternoon tea to a typical Peruvian menu. The focus is on wholefoods so there were things like home-made bread and lots vegetables. I ate a veggie burger which was so good it could easily contend which my normal beef quarter pounders!

There were also volunteers on hand to chat to about the projects that are funded by Heart´s Cafe. I loved knowing that while I got a good feed, my money was being put to use and helping impoverished Peruvian people. That´s what I call a double-whammy!

1 Thank ToriviaJ