K'uychi Punku Hostal
US$60
El Albergue Ollantaytambo(Ollantaytambo)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewseggsbreadlovely courtyardmachu picchutwo nightssacred valleyruinspillowscollectivoperutaxitraindriver
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Muy buena atención. Nos hicieron sentir muy a gusto. Hermosa vista hacia las montañas, cerca de la Plaza de Armas, pero no en medio del ruido (tampoco hay tanto ruido). Un clima familiar y de buena predisposición. Muy lindo lugar para estar en pareja o en familia.
Ofrecen desayuno de pan con mantequilla y mermelada, jugo fresco y hasta huevos revueltos.

Very good service. They made us feel very welcome. Beautiful view of the mountains, near the Plaza de Armas, but not in the middle of the noisy area (there is not much noise anyway). A family atmosphere and good will. Very nice place to stay with friends or family.
They offer breakfast, bread with butter and jam, fresh juice and even scrambled eggs.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2013

The location of the hostel is fantastic, it's right next to the ruins and the market. It was a short walk from the train station, around 10 minutes. The staff were welcoming and friendly, they were happy to answer our questions about restaurants etc. (even with limited English). The rooms were cosy and clean, with lots of Peruvian style blankets to keep warm. There was hot water and a good shower. We even had a view of the ruins from our room window.
Breakfast was fantastic, after weeks of bread and jam for breakfast, we had scrambled eggs, fresh juice, coffee, plus bread and jam. This was a real treat on our travels!
It's so close to the ruins that you can get up early and explore the ruins before all the tourist buses arrive. The ruins ticket is for 24hrs, so you could visit 2 days if possible. A real find for the price, very good value for money!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FranglaisNomadique
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Excellent location, just outside the market and close to the ruins, we didn't have any problems with noise and found the beds to be comfortable and warm. The breakfast was okay, we didn't get any cooked option.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ironian
Reviewed 29 March 2013

I chose this place out of lonely planet for the " 2m thick Inca walls " and the family hotel feel. I got that and more. Hot shower with good water pressure, pleasant room with a view and a courtyard full of flowers, cacti and stone artifacts that were fun to study. They stored my bag, sent out my laundry and remembered who I was when I came back while I was In Machu Picchu. They arranged and set the price ( ten soles less than I haggled for at the airport but I'm only an average haggler )for a taxi to Cusco for me and walked me out to the taxi. A town with a huge turnaround rate like Ollanta can easily become jaded with poor service but this family remains friendly and helpful.
I felt bad that at 04 15 in the morning, with no flashlight, on my way to the train I had to wake them up because it was pitch dark in the lobby and I couldn't get out. They should leave a little night light on to keep everybody happy. Also, grandma doesn't know how to use the visa card machine. I had to use up my emergency dollars on check out.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 January 2013

I live in Peru 2 years now. I have been to this hotel twice. Yes, it can get noisy in this hotel. It has a inner court yard and the noise gets to the rooms. But at night, when it is time to sleep, it is quiet. No street noise at least from our room. I know some rooms, you feel like you are taking a shower with the room next door but it is the beauty of Peruvian architecture (or lack of). There are the occasional disrepectful tourist chatting loud who disturbe you.

The owner is lovely, they really try their best to accomodate you. They want to give you good service and will try, which is a plus in Peru.

You can negociate your price and they are very reasonable and honest.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family