“One of our best meals in Peru”

Mijuna Wasi at Hotel Pakaritampu
Ranked #24 of 81 Restaurants in Ollantaytambo
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed 29 November 2012

We stayed at the hotel and decided to have dinner here on our second night based on the menu and our tour book’s description of it as the best restaurant in town. The service was very good and all of our food was excellent. The avocado starter was unique and so tasty. The breadbasket was also good. I had the garlic sauce trout and my fiancé had one of the chicken dishes (Chicken Andina). Even the vegetables with the dishes were tasty. The trout was nice, though I probably wouldn’t get the garlic sauce on it again. Overall, this was a very tasty and convenient restaurant.

2  Thank rtoblin

Reviewed 6 October 2012

We ate here twice while staying at the hotel for two nights. After touring the Sacred Valley all day, we were happy to stay close to our room.

On our first night, we had a drink at the bar on the second floor, then ate dinner at the restaurant. They had a decent slection on the menu, everything from soups and salads, burgers and pizza to local specialties like trout, alpaca and cuy. I had the trout dinner with quinoa risotta which was excellent, and huge portions. Hubby had alpaca with pepper sauce, which was okay but the pepper sauce overwhelmed the alpaca flavour. Second night we had a chicken dish that was also good.

Prices were reasonable for huge portions of food, and it was convenient to add it to our room tab and pay by credit card at check-out.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

One of our first meals in Peru was at the Pakaritampu Hotel in Ollantaytambo. Being nervous about eating and drinking in Peru went out the window when we walked into this beautiful courtyard and clean, excellent restaurant. We were given english menus, but our local guide helped us select local favorites such as the fried pork and vegetables. The fried pork is not deep-fat fried, but rather pan fried and so tasty! After a hot day of touring the ruins at Ollantaytambo, we found an hours spent in this restaurant was just what we needed before taking the train on into Aguas Caliente.

1  Thank LCCSCO
Reviewed 31 August 2011

I made the mistake of ordering cuy at this restaurant. I'm not sure what good cuy is supposed to taste like, but this was fried, dry and tasteless. So were my side dishes of potato and corn,with which I'm a bit more familiar. Even though the service is pleasant and the hotel grounds attractive, give it a miss.

1  Thank Kippendavie
Reviewed 2 June 2011

We stayed at the Pakaritampu hotel and because we were short on time decided to eat at its restaurant. That was a mistake: The food was bland, flavorless and cold by the time it reached our table, and the service was downright hostile toward us. The only thing going for this restaurant, other than its location, is its quinoa soup - that was good. I cannot recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank TravelerChic