“Beautiful hosts, beautiful area”
Review of Casa de Wow!!!

Casa de Wow!!!
Ranked #5 of 29 Ollantaytambo B&B and Inns
San francisco, CA
“Beautiful hosts, beautiful area”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

My family of 4 stayed in the quad room of this charming hostal and enjoyed it very much. Winn and her staff were so helpful from the time I made the reservation (months ahead) to the date of arrival. They helped with everything from airport and local transport to daily excursions. Winn helped book a horseback ride for us which showed us the beauty of Ollantaytambo area. Highly recommended! The breakfast was good, beds comfy, hospitality nice. The only issue we had was with the hot water while showering - spotty at times.

We left some slightly worn shoes and clothing to pass on to the locals which was greatly appreciated. Stay here, you'll be well taken care of!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Polish first
Nevada City, California
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Our family came to stay at Casa de Wow for a couple of days. Winn is the most wonderfully delightful hostess as were the guest helpers. We had breakfast made to order every day, impromptu outings arranged for us, great conversations all offered with big smiles. The location is central to everything. The beds were the most comfortable we found on our 6 week trip. Our kids ages 8 and 12 were the only kids there but they were immediately made to feel part of the Casa de Wow family. We were scheduled to leave and decided to stay for a week! I'd highly recommend Casa de Wow if in Ollanta.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Chariemcs
Elon
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I am really late on getting my reviews out of my trip to Peru. The first two nights we stayed at Casa de Wow and it was great. Laid back, great breakfast and accommodating. Getting laundry out and back was a piece of cake, the shower was hot and great recommendations for food and sights around town. Also, Winn was able to contact my previously set up taxi ride back to Cuzco so we could stay an extra night. (I made a logistical error in my planning).

Overall my favorite hostel of the trip. Recommend to all.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank dbostranderElon
Gunnison, Colorado
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Stayed at Casa de Wow in May 2012 -- wonderful place; Wynn was a very welcoming host. The hostel is right along the river and our room had wonderful views of the ruins. The beds are gorgeous - made by Wow. Wonderful breakfast each morning and Wynn was really helpful in explaining how to get places and suggesting places to visit. I hope to get back to Ollantaytambo one day and Casa de Wow will be on the itinerary for sure!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kk81230
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stayed at Casa De Wow on August 8th, one day before the previous reviewer left a message. I'm unsure what happened to them, but let me tell you about our stay.

This was the ONLY hostel in Peru we just adored. We walked into Casa De Wow, when Wow was gone, another guest let us in. They let us know it was safe, where we could leave our things, and told us where the tea was. It was awesome. We waited around a bit and sure enough wow showed up. He doesn't speak English, but the tour was clear enough, we knew where the bathrooms were, tea, water, etc. At the end we both got huge hugs that were full of love and he said "Mi casa es su casa." Loved it.

The atmosphere at Casa De Wow is full of love and awesome. I want to go back to Peru just to stay there. It highlighed our lovely stay in Ollantaytambo with perfection. We stayed another night at a different hostel after Macchu Picchu called Chaska Waki and it just didn't hold a candle to Casa de Wow.

This was the first hostel that was slightly warm at night and the beds were super comfortable.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank soverygrateful
Minnesota
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I'm not even sure if this hotel is still open, but I want to send this warning in case this happens to others. I waited a week to write this in hopes that the owner would email me to apologize for leaving my group high and dry. We had arranged to have half of our group of 23 stay at Casa de Wow and the other half at Sumac Hostal based on capacity. When we arrived, we were greeted at the door by a US American who immediately knew my name but did not allow me in. Her partner came to the door, and shut it behind him and explained that we would not be able to stay at the hostal because things had become "complicated" with no more explanation, he took me to Sumac Hostal which did have space to hold our entire group. I appreciated the assistance by this gentleman to secure that we were settled, but was appalled that no more explanation, apology or anything came from Winn the owner. Very unprofessional.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Laura N
casadewow, Owner at Casa de Wow!!!, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Scammed..?? Left high and dry...? You were neither scammed nor left high and dry. Your reservation had to be cancelled for an emergency situation. Why would you need to know the details of the emergency? We made other arrangements for your group which was a very easy change. And in fact, what was reported to us by the helper who escorted you and your group was that you all were happier to be able to stay in the same hostel instead of being divided between two different places. You were not at all left high and dry. And you were not scammed your reservation was simply cancelled, which of course, we regretted having to do. It was the first time in our operating history that we had to do such and would never have done it if it hadn't been an emergency. We are sorry for any inconvenience and hurt feelings.... and we feel your review is a bit extreme.
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I am very happy we checked out LonelyPlanet before we went to Ollantaytambo, otherwise we probably wouldn´t have spent the night here. I made the reservation in the morning of our arrival through the phone. I just had to mention my name. When we arrived she immediately knew who we were. She was very kind! We immediately fell in love with the room. The bed was made out of a tree and it was very comfortable. I wish I could have stayed a night longer, but we had to go to Machupicchu. I am trying though to come back an other time before I head back to Holland.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple