This is a lovely, simple hostel for the backpacker passing through. Beds were clean and firm, lots of blankets if we needed. Owner is friendly, lives on site, and has a sweet puppy.
My only complaint is that the bathrooms are communal by gender and separate. So you need to walk across a dirty courtyard to do anything in the bathroom. When at the mirror or sink, there is no privacy, it is open to the courtyard.
My two suggestions:
1) Add a small, swinging privacy door at the entrance to the mens and women's bathroom areas for more privacy.
2) Add small shelves or counters in the bathrooms. Right now there is nowhere to set anything down. Floors are dirty (open to the outdoors) and so it's a bit of a problem. A simple wooden shelf doesn't cost much and would make a big difference.
Other than that, its a great place to stay to save money and be comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A clean, fun, economical hostel located in the center of the living Incan town of Ollantaytambo ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Hostal El Tambo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostal El Tambo Ollantaytambo, Peru - Sacred Valley