“I can't believe I ate the whole thing!”
Review of Pachamama Pizzeria

Pachamama Pizzeria
Ranked #41 of 80 Restaurants in Ollantaytambo
Cuisines: Pizza, Peruvian
Reviewed 11 November 2012

Of course I was dubious about ordering an oven fired pizza in Ollantaytambo Peru. I went for a cheese and meat sauce medium pizza and a lemonade. Out came this lovely, cheesy, bit of heaven. Thin crispy crust with a white sauce and dripping cheese and a smattering of crumbled meat (probably pork but who cares!!) then a fine shake of oregano over the top. I had planned to eat half and take the rest away for dinner - but I just couldn't stop myself. It was soooo good. I have no idea how the rest of the menu holds up, but the staff is very nice and there is free wifi so I know I will return to delve further into their offerings. If you have maxed out on tacu tacu and other local fare this might just be the Rx for you. Buen Provicho!

Reviewed 18 October 2012

Really very disappointing pizza and poor service. Had high hopes after reading the good reviews on Tripadvisor, so when it was one of the worst pizzas I have had in Peru, I felt I needed to say something. The pizza had almost no flavor and when I asked for ¨white sauce¨ (a staple with pizza here in Peru) they brought mayonaise. While it could have been slightly worse, I strongly recommend trying on of the other pizzerias in Ollantaytambo and hoping for something better.

Reviewed 20 September 2012

The pizza was nothing to write home about. The crust was crisp and tasty, but the tomato sauce was indetectable, and there was more cheese than anything else. our pizza had canned mushrooms - yuck! We also shared the pollo saltado, which was decent. Service was friendly but slow.

Reviewed 19 September 2012

My sister and I ate lunch here after spending the morning exploring the ruins. We got there just as they were opening, so we had to wait about 45 minutes for them to fire up the oven and get our pizza in. We passed the time at a table outside and had a nice time people-watching in the plaza. We ordered the 'Pachamama' pizza with several more unusual meats and veggies. It was good but not as unique as I was expecting, so next time I would probably go for more of the traditional Peruvian cuisine. One small pizza was plenty for both of us even though we were pretty ravenous by that point. Prices were pretty average for the restaurants on the plaza, though we did stray off of the tourist menu. Overall, good service and food but nothing terribly exciting.

Reviewed 29 August 2012

Perhaps the only place in Ollantaytambo -- or maybe the entire Sacred Valley? -- to get a BLT sandwich. This was a tour high point for one member of our family, who isn't a daring eater. Don't expect only pizzas or BLTs, though. We had several Peruvian specialties and enjoyed them at a sidewalk table where we could see all of the midday activities of the Plaza de Armas.