“Great food, friendly owner”

La Esquina Cafe-Bakery
Price range: US$2 - US$6
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Food here was delicious and not too expensive. It is a place to go for comfort food as it isn't really Peruvian. The owner gave my daughter a free banana chocolate chip muffin, which was very nice of him. They seem to be closed on the weekend.

There are newer reviews for La Esquina Cafe-Bakery

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Great food, great value! Everything is made fresh, to order. Highly recommended! Check out the daily set menu!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My traveling companions and I were in Ollantay (which we LOVED) for less than 24 hours and we ate both of our meals at La Esquina. We had wandered around searching for a dinner option when we ran into some friends who suggested we stop there. So we did and loved it! All four of us tried something different and it was all wonderful. So we decided to return for brunch. Great food. And the owner clearly takes pride in his work. My friend struck up a conversation with him which lead to him shaking each of our hands about four times, each, as we left. Wonderful experience!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I love this place. The owners are a delight to talk to, they will give you directions to anywhere, you can stop and have tea, a meal, or the only PB & J in Peru! Everything is ethically sourced, as local as possible, and healthy. Makes me want to open my own bakery in Ollantaytambo.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

If I could give them a 12/10 I would! The owners are extremely friendly, helpful and caring people. We went for food several times because the food was just wonderful and reasonably priced. The menu of the day was probably the best deal of all, value and taste. Right on the square too. Try the soups and salads! Lemonade is super. No worries about sanitation here either.

1  Thank Rowland45