This hotel is a great place to stay in Ollantaytambo. It is located right on the train platform, which is a bit of a walk from the main town, however, if you are only staying a night or two that is not a problem.
The rooms and bathrooms are sparkling clean, with beautiful linens and comfortable beds. There is small safe in the room. The courtyard is lovely and a great place to enjoy an afternoon drink while watching the clouds roll over the mountain.
Breakfast was included and they offered a nice selection of fruit, yogurt, granola, eggs, breads, pancakes, juices, and coffee/tea.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Ollantaytambo train station, El Albergue is only one train stop away from Machu Picchu and not far from many interesting attractions. El Albergue dates back to 1925 and maintains the charm and elegance of the early 20th century while offering modern day requirements such as free high speed internet and in-room telephones. Owned by artist Wendy Weeks, this hotel has beautiful gardens, delicious food and special attention to decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your El Albergue Ollantaytambo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Hotel Ollantaytambo
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Peru - Sacred Valley