We stayed here for couple of nights and enjoyed staying right on top of the Ollantaytambo rail station. If you are a train enthusiasts like I am and enjoy the sounds of train and the flowing Urubamba river, then this is the place. It is about 10-15 minutes walking distance from the town center. The room had a rustic feel and bathroom was decent enough with hot water available throughout. The restaurant inside the hotel was pretty good as well. And coming to the best part about this place is you can just wake up early morning and just walk few steps to your train ride to Aguas Calientes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Ollantaytambo train station, El Albergue is only one train stop away from Machu Picchu and not far from many interesting attractions. El Albergue dates back to 1925 and maintains the charm and elegance of the early 20th century while offering modern day requirements such as free high speed internet and in-room telephones. Owned by artist Wendy Weeks, this hotel has beautiful gardens, delicious food and special attention to decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo and Evoline ltd so you can book your El Albergue Ollantaytambo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Hotel Ollantaytambo
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Peru - Sacred Valley